Hi there everyone.

I've recently upgraded from a Curve 3G 9300 to a Bold 9900. For about a week now it has worked fine, but as of today it has just randomly stalled almost constantly. It will work fine, but once I place it in the holster or lock the screen or turn the back light off, it no longer responds and requires resetting. I have tried a battery pull and been lured in to a false sense of security in the belief that it would behave itself, but to no avail.

It's on 02 UK and running the standardd build .342 of 7.1 that came with the phone.

So, my questions are as follows:

1) Does anybody know the definitive cause of this problem?
    2) If not, is there any way of finding out what is causing it e.g. in the Activity Log?
    3) Will an OS update to a more recent build help me with my issues?
    4) Will using an OS not meant for use with my network void my warranty with RIM/O2?

I can see by the forum there are a lot of issues with this phone in particular, but any help would be greatly appreciated as I really don't want to have to take this phone back and choose an alternative, but as it stands it's become unusable seemingly at random!

Cheers all!
    07-31-12 12:42 PM
    Have you added any new apps or changed to a new theme? Just trying to see if something else could be causing it. I would definitely update to the latest OS your carrier offers. For me, each update has been better.
    07-31-12 01:00 PM
    Have you added any new apps or changed to a new theme? Just trying to see if something else could be causing it. I would definitely update to the latest OS your carrier offers. For me, each update has been better.
    Nothing new. This is the latest build that O2 offers, which is pretty cruddy. I really want to resolve these issues and not have to exchage for a different kind of phone.
    07-31-12 01:05 PM
    I've not seen this issue reported before, and it doesn't sound specific to .342 as I used that for a while myself. Could be a corrupt file, so either reloading or upgrading your OS should fix it.

Using an official OS not supported by o2 definitely won't void your warranty. It's still a RIM OS, and o2 will never know anyway.
    07-31-12 01:11 PM
    Do as Phill said, but I'd try to wipe my device and do a clean install. That's just me though.
    07-31-12 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD