Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone else noticed that the bold speaker volume is much lower when playing music opposed to when the phone rings, a notification is received or even playing back recorded videos. I don't know if this is something that was intentionally done but I would really like for the music player to make full use of the speaker. I've played around with the setting with no success.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Masahiro likes this.
    08-15-11 11:57 PM
    Yeah. You're right. You could test it by browsing the ring tones and playing them with the standard media player, then trying it within the profiles. This is very peculiar, and the difference is quite profound.

I suspect that it may be for battery and speaker conservation purposes. Playing music that loudly for extended periods of time will probably not only kill the battery in no time, but may also cause the speaker to blow out. Obviously this wouldn't be as big of an issue with the occasional ring tone.

Just for fun though, I threw on an AC-DC track through the profile settings, and now I have a severe concussion. As a result, harman_21 will be hearing from my lawyer.
    Last edited by Masahiro; 08-16-11 at 12:37 AM.
    08-16-11 12:29 AM
    I noticed this too and it could be the quality of the music. I have pretty low bitrate music files and on speaker it's not soo loud, but in head phones, it's very loud. Try getting some high quality audio files and playing them media player.

08-16-11 01:46 AM
    I noticed this too and it could be the quality of the music.
    The bitrate has nothing to do with it. Try this out: select any random MP3 and test it full blast with the standard media player. Then go to your sound profile settings, set your ring tone to that same MP3, set the volume to 10, press the test button, then replace all the windows in your room.
    08-16-11 02:02 AM
    The bitrate has nothing to do with it. Try this out: select any random MP3 and test it full blast with the standard media player. Then go to your sound profile settings, set your ring tone to that same MP3, set the volume to 10, press the test button, then replace all the windows in your room.
    Oh my LORD theres a huge difference here! wow nearly burst my ear drums! This needs to be fixed!
    08-16-11 02:16 AM
    i actually just noticed that too!
    08-16-11 02:34 AM
    Ive tried a couple different settings with the audio settings, even enabled audio boost, but its still not as loud...
    08-16-11 02:38 AM
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that's noticed this. I get the point about conserving the speaker but the torch and even the 9700 were louder. And masahiro, I think we can reach a settlement out of court

08-16-11 09:01 AM
    When you are listening to music with headphones, when the ringtone comes on, it doesn't play at the music's set volume (unlike on the other phones). So when it's on LOUD profile with 10 volume, it is really loud and can harm your hearing!
    08-16-11 09:59 AM
    And the Great Beta Test continues! Makes me glad to be with a carrier that knows when a device isn't ready to be released.
    08-16-11 10:06 AM
    But is the volume on the BB9900 same max. as the other bb's?
    08-16-11 10:07 AM
    But is the volume on the BB9900 same max. as the other bb's?
    Its louder. That's why the limiting of the music player is so concerning.

08-16-11 10:45 AM
    This is the first thing that I noticed. Whenever I use the music player, I always use the speaker instead of head phones. Even at max level 10, it is much quieter than my 9000 or even 9650 at level 7-8.
    08-16-11 10:51 AM
    Very disheartening.I listen to music all the time thru my BB's speakerphone. Can the volume level be increased by future OS upgrades?

08-16-11 10:59 AM
    Very disheartening.I listen to music all the time thru my BB's speakerphone. Can the volume level be increased by future OS upgrades?

That is the same thing I'm wondering. Hopefully this will be remedied in a future OS update. Or hopefully someone on crackberry can figure it out *fingers crossed*

08-16-11 02:05 PM
    Can someone tell me what the music quality is like on the 9900/9930, compared to and ipod/iphone etc.? Also, can you turn off the annoying fade-in every time you skip a track? I'm coming from OS 5 Tour, so what else can I expect? Thanks.
    08-19-11 06:09 PM
    i actually just noticed that too!
    Hey we neeeeeeed to do something about this. Like all of us write to RIM and make them take that limit off of the music player because everything else plays at proper vole even through the headphones with audio boost its low so its def a sowftware issue. I just got this phone today and I love everything about it besides the low music player and the fact that all the basic apps don't work on it. Not rims fault I'm sure but hey what can we do about this let's stick to our guns only way anything will get done. If anyone wants to collaborate with me I guess respond here or email me [email protected].

08-31-11 07:30 PM
    BlackBerry os leak .353 fixed this issue guys! I loaded it for a day and it was loud!

09-01-11 02:54 AM
    And the Great Beta Test continues! Makes me glad to be with a carrier that knows when a device isn't ready to be released.
    By the time AT&T test it and release it, all these small minor issues would have been sorted out by updated OS release before then.

AT&T won't add anything new or remove any new problems with prolonged testing. They just backed the wrong horse with 9810 first, and 9900 later. That is my opinion. I'm not convinced.
    09-01-11 03:24 AM
    Sorry to post it in an old thread, but have you guys noticed a difference in the new versions? Because I listen to music on the earphones, and the volume is pretty low.
    12-23-11 04:34 AM
    I'm on .590 now, and it seems the same to me. All the music played through the earphones :/ I've tried different earphones as well - and it still doesn't work.
    12-26-11 04:36 AM
    Mine is pretty good at both times.
    12-26-11 08:04 AM
    Although mine every now and then makes a sound switch. The song suddenly becomes 'heavier', if that makes any sense?
    12-27-11 05:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD