bump. WE STILL WAITIN RIM!

As DMX once said: WE AINT GOIN NOWHERE, WE RIGHT HERE!
    Lol, yeah, the two of you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-11 02:14 PM
    I had this very same problem too when transferring everything from my 9700 to the 9900. I ended up deleting all of my old messages which I didn't want to but everytime I received a new one the message would pop up that the phone is full. Anyway I read the whole thread and I was wondering if there's any program for even the 9700 to backup all old text messages so that you can view them on a computer when you like?
    09-27-11 12:34 AM
    I had this very same problem too when transferring everything from my 9700 to the 9900. I ended up deleting all of my old messages which I didn't want to but everytime I received a new one the message would pop up that the phone is full. Anyway I read the whole thread and I was wondering if there's any program for even the 9700 to backup all old text messages so that you can view them on a computer when you like?
    Expensive but if it's so important to you, pay the price:

Buy txtForward - SMS Backup to Email - Download txtForward - SMS Backup to Email - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    09-27-11 02:22 AM
    With txtForward installed, a backup copy of each SMS text and PIN messages is automatically sent to your email address as it arrives. You can choose to forward both incoming and outgoing SMS messages and even reply to the forwarded text message direct from your email!

---

This wouldn't keep the old ones. It's like that Missing Sync crap software for iPhones. It only backs up current texts (ones you send or receive AFTER installing the program).

BUMP
    10-10-11 09:36 PM
    stop jerkin us around rim, we waitin'.

bump

edit:
    Can anyone who has been experiencing the SMS issue (message memory is full or whatever) on their 9930 verify that this bug has been fixed in 374?

It seems like they have fixed it given the patch notes. Would be interested in seeing a hybrid for the 9900.
    Last edited by Broly; 10-18-11 at 06:15 PM.
    10-18-11 06:13 PM
    bump

As Puff Daddy says:
    "I thought I told you that we won't stop, I thought I told you that we won't stop -eh eheh"

I'm not going to stop until you guys FIX THE EFFIN ISSUE
    10-27-11 04:00 PM
    Gosh, I just assumed that texts were not auto-deleted. Check for messages that should have existed last month, and nope, not there. So anyone who I rarely texted to, it's as if there was never a record of it since the whole conversation is gone.

Backup/restore is not a solution unless the backup software can first merge all the incremental additions, then restore to phone. Otherwise, you are overwriting the current SMS with a point in time snapshot.
    10-27-11 05:19 PM
    bump, still note fixed as of 503, but I haven't tried 540.

Can anyone else confirm that the bug is still in 540?
    11-15-11 05:46 PM
    Wow...I can't believe some of the posters whining about the already-too-high SMS limit. So if that doesn't work for you, just buy Amber BlackBerry converter and you can read anything out of your BB backups on your PC. Since you all obviously have nothing better to do than scour through years-old text messages, now you can sit in front of your PC and do it there. You all do know what a backup is - right?

Carry on whining people...
    habs_fan likes this.
    11-15-11 06:04 PM
    Wow...I can't believe some of the posters whining about the already-too-high SMS limit. So if that doesn't work for you, just buy Amber BlackBerry converter and you can read anything out of your BB backups on your PC. Since you all obviously have nothing better to do than scour through years-old text messages, now you can sit in front of your PC and do it there. You all do know what a backup is - right?

Why should they have to fork out money to buy a program, when the 9900 already has 8GB of internal storage? This just seems like a bug on RIM's end that hasn't been resolved.
    11-15-11 06:14 PM
    Its a convenience to keep all your old txt. You never know what u need. I keep it to recall info from work, names of places, titles, numbers or whatever that people send me. Its great to not have to copy and paste the info somewhere else or write it down and just know that u can just scroll thru or search ur txts for info that u need.

Hope this gets fixed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-11 06:14 PM

I bought Amber ages ago and the owner never gave me a key. This is about 2 years ago. The company went under and sold the tech to Elcomsoft, who does not offer the same suite of products.

Again, what's with people not doing their research before opening their mouths? Time and time again you guys just ASSUME something is there without simply googling it. Don't you think I wouldda used ABC Amber if it was still available?
    11-15-11 07:46 PM
    It is still available, under a different name now at Elcomsoft, if you'd DO THE RESEARCH, as you put it.

In case you don't want to bother "doing the research" you can find it right here...

Get forensic access to essential information stored in BlackBerry backups

Geeee - wow.....now what's your excuse? Did you even bother "doing the research" as you put it, before "opening your mouth"?
    11-15-11 09:19 PM
    This issue is fixed as of 7.1.074

And no it's not the same software as Elcomsoft, because elcomsoft doesn't allow you to merge IPDs genius. All it does allow you to analyze them and export them into NON iPD/BBB files.

Sheesh
    11-26-11 05:42 PM
    I just have to add this because some people asked why do some people keep millions of text messages on our phone....

My school University of Calgary use TopHatMonocle Home - Top Hat Monocle Classroom Response System where text messages were used for in class question responses. I have to keep a record of all 50+ question answers I sent using text and then the confirmation message in case University lose my grade tables. It happened before... they lost my grades one time and I pulled out my BlackBerry 9700 and show them all my responses to get my grade back. So, this 100+ messages per class multiple by 4 classes 400+ messages per term plus my personal text messages.... oh well.

Also, I have 100+ emails from University confirmation messages saying they received my electronically submitted assignments. Reason behind it: if close to deadline I find something wrong, I will always have my Blackberry with me to go and yell at the Dean's office. (Done that once already LOL)
    11-26-11 09:49 PM
    If you lost txts, what I did was I tried to chunk all of the ipd files together that had most of the txts from before my 9900. Then I used bb protect to backup my txts up to what I had most recently. I restored via bbm my old "chunked" ipd file (now in 1 cuz of magicberry( and then restored the new stuff via bb protect. I know it was recommended earlier in this thread but now I'm at ~43k texts from 3 years ago which is roughly 90 pct of the texts since I first got my bold 1 so I'm not crying now
    cjterminator likes this.
    11-26-11 10:36 PM
91 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD