Hi all

I have just got a Bold 9900 after 2 years with a iphone 3gs "pos" i always had blackberrys before had two curve's and a bold loved them all

My problem is this new BOLD 9900 the top lock button i keep unlocking the phone and calling people etc when it is in my pocket with the older BB's there where two keys too push to unlock and this was safe, plz help me get this back.

I have looked at the autolocks on the app world and tried a couple but hate them, "one looked like the iphone slide" and the other a load of "football's" is this something i just have to live with ? i hope not as ONE KEY to unlock your phone is useless when its in your pocket !

thanks for any help advice on this jason "ark748"
    10-24-11 04:24 PM
    everlock works well
    or just use a password on time out.

I do not have that issue on my 9900 i have it more on my 9810
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    10-24-11 05:15 PM
    ok thxs but this one button lock system is a problem, and i dont want third party software to fix it really but will take a look, thxs again
    10-25-11 12:01 AM
    Password on timeout solved the issue for me, and then I got a case and removed the password as the case prevented the calls. It's a little tedious to type in the password but as long as it's an easy enough to type one handed, I got used to it quickly.

Good luck,

-Dirk
    10-25-11 02:48 AM
    Password on timeout solved the issue for me, and then I got a case and removed the password as the case prevented the calls. It's a little tedious to type in the password but as long as it's an easy enough to type one handed, I got used to it quickly.
    Good luck,

-Dirk
    Hi m8 can you help me as I have tried to set this up but it dosnt seem to do anything ? Where is this option ? Thxs jason

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-11 02:58 AM
    Hi m8 can you help me as I have tried to set this up but it dosnt seem to do anything ? Where is this option ? Thxs jason

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Easy way to check. From the home screen:

1. Click the Universal Search icon to the right of the notification bar, type "lock".

2. If you have Launch By Typing set to Universal Search (default), just start typing "lock".

With these two methods you should see "Password Lock" in the results if you correctly set a password. Click/tap the icon to instantly lock your phone.

A 3rd method is quickly press the letter K if you have Launch By Typing set to Application Shortcuts. If you hold K it will ask to assign a speed dial contact or dial the contact if one is assigned.

And to set up a password if it turns out you actually haven't, repeat steps 1 or 2 and click Options to be taken to Password. If you're using Application shortcuts, S brings up Universal Search (you can still use the search button to the right of the notification bar).
    ark748 likes this.
    10-25-11 04:15 AM
    Easy way to check. From the home screen:

1. Click the Universal Search icon to the right of the notification bar, type "lock".

2. If you have Launch By Typing set to Universal Search (default), just start typing "lock".

With these two methods you should see "Password Lock" in the results if you correctly set a password. Click/tap the icon to instantly lock your phone.

A 3rd method is quickly press the letter K if you have Launch By Typing set to Application Shortcuts. If you hold K it will ask to assign a speed dial contact or dial the contact if one is assigned.

And to set up a password if it turns out you actually haven't, repeat steps 1 or 2 and click Options to be taken to Password. If you're using Application shortcuts, S brings up Universal Search (you can still use the search button to the right of the notification bar).

thxs this was a big help i have password now and its much better shame the password has to be min of 4 chars anyway of using just two ?

do u think there will be a fix for this ? ie autolock and more than just the top key to unlock ?

thxs jason
    10-25-11 07:07 AM
    Just as a suggestion, why don't you use the pouch lock (i.e the phone is locked instantly when in the pouch) ? You can set it in the password settings.
    10-25-11 08:06 AM
    Just as a suggestion, why don't you use the pouch lock (i.e the phone is locked instantly when in the pouch) ? You can set it in the password settings.
    I rather not thanks, not my cup of tea, leather pouches are for old people hahaha only jk'ing but seriously it would make the phone massive in my pocket and means i need to remove it from my pocket and then the pouch before i can use it lol, I may as well get a bumbag to keep my phone in hahaha, sorry ill shut up now
    10-25-11 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD