I realize its meant to fit screen out so the notification light is visable however I have found the 9900 seems to fit better when placed with the screen towards the back of the case. Anyone else found the same?
    02-06-12 02:49 PM
    When I first got the BB pouch, the red laces on the right side would sometimes catch my volume rocker. That annoyed me at first but the leather eventually molded to my phone. I've used the pouch for a while now and it fits just fine (I have it facing forward).
    02-06-12 03:20 PM
    no difference on mine, but it would be annoying having the led covered.....
    02-06-12 06:55 PM
    i always did this, since the frontscreen is much more fragile then the backside.
    and i didn't care if i would see the ledlight, the 99XX feels better in the pouch,
    facing inwards, and i'm always keeping the pouch inwards when i put it in my pocket.
    02-06-12 07:00 PM
    i always did this, since the frontscreen is much more fragile then the backside.
    and i didn't care if i would see the ledlight, the 99XX feels better in the pouch,
    facing inwards, and i'm always keeping the pouch inwards when i put it in my pocket.
    You and I think exactly alike on this topic.
    02-06-12 07:15 PM
    Does the pouch end up getting worked in to the point it becomes loose and the device can fall out simply with gravity?
    02-07-12 06:48 AM
    Designed to work both ways round. Look inside and you can see a groove that protects the camera lens from scratches on the inside of both front and back.
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    02-07-12 03:27 PM
    Designed to work both ways round. Look inside and you can see a groove that protects the camera lens from scratches on the inside of both front and back.
    Something so simple can easily go unnoticed! Thanks for pointing this out.

I bought the comparable sleeve for my PlayBook - it unfortunately does not have the 'pillowy' protection as my 9900 leather sleeve does.
    02-07-12 03:48 PM
    Does the pouch end up getting worked in to the point it becomes loose and the device can fall out simply with gravity?
    If you're talking about the OEM pouch, then to sorry to inform you but it doesnt loosen up. I've been using it for 6 months, still hard to remove the berry from it.

On another note, it eventually scratches the wide plastic below the keyboard. I have to stop using it, but i just cant flaunt my 9900 naked. I feel its not protected well.
    robkd likes this.
    02-08-12 02:18 AM
    Bit wank that you can't charge it in the case with it the correct way round though...
    02-08-12 02:39 AM
    I use my Torch pouch, if fits just as well, and $7 cheaper than the 9900 OEM pouch! the whole speaker design of this phone is disappointing from the 9000 design. I like to listen to music on speaker so have to holster it upside down to get a better sound, the 9000 was perfect for listening while holstered,and had better speakers, but overall the new pouch is disappointing. my 2 cents.
    ericrangel76 likes this.
    02-08-12 10:51 AM
    If you're talking about the OEM pouch, then to sorry to inform you but it doesnt loosen up. I've been using it for 6 months, still hard to remove the berry from it.

On another note, it eventually scratches the wide plastic below the keyboard. I have to stop using it, but i just cant flaunt my 9900 naked. I feel its not protected well.
    wow I'm glad i havent used mine. did it scratch right away?
    02-08-12 10:39 PM
    The OEM pouch is a p.i.t.a. I want a decent one, like the 9700 used to have with elastic sides.
    02-08-12 10:51 PM
    If you have on old Blackberry 9000 brown, or black leather holster, just now getting really "broken in" - use it! It fits great with the OEM hardshell thin case on the phone. Some leather conditioner will speed up the "broken in" process.
    02-08-12 10:53 PM
    I found that the OEM one is not good enough for me, so I went for a third party OtterBox case. Much better protection with a better design. Those of you who complain that OEM one is not good enough may want to try third party manufactures.
    02-08-12 11:07 PM
    I've been using the OEM pouch for a few months now & I see no scratching on the phone at all. I can see how it could happen if you work in a gritty environment but nothing so far for me.
    02-09-12 09:16 AM
    I've been using the OEM pouch for a few months now & I see no scratching on the phone at all. I can see how it could happen if you work in a gritty environment but nothing so far for me.
    Great, because I just bought the OEM pouch and that scratching comment had me worried.
    02-09-12 01:29 PM
    It scratched after a good 5 months of usage.
    Its not a major scratch, it mainly a couple of scratches on the black plastic below the keyboard.

Check the photo (its taken with an old phone). The scratches are not deep, they're similar to the "usage marks" that make your keys on the laptop shiny after some time. Hope the photo helps.

Attachment 102602
    02-12-12 12:18 AM
    If you're talking about the holster (belt clip) OEM case, I haven't had a problem with that on any of my bold devices I've had. Although at first, it does indeed need to be broken in.

If you're talking about the pouch, I for some odd reason can't stand those.
    02-12-12 12:37 AM
    Mine fits better facing backwards.
    02-12-12 02:47 AM
    It scratched after a good 5 months of usage.
    Its not a major scratch, it mainly a couple of scratches on the black plastic below the keyboard.

Check the photo (its taken with an old phone). The scratches are not deep, they're similar to the "usage marks" that make your keys on the laptop shiny after some time. Hope the photo helps.

Attachment 102602
    Wow. Glad I didn't start using the pouch. Thanks for the heads up.

I found the soft shell case I think also is abrasive to the exteme edge of the chrome piece at the bottom of the phone. Not certain though. I just noticed it on a previous 9900 I had and also based on a thread back in Sept/Oct I believe. I'm not using that either. If anyone wants either of these products I'll sell them cheap!
    02-12-12 11:49 AM
    you can easily replace that bottom-cover by a new one. no biggie.
    i've been using the OEM-softshell for quite some time now.
    i have put the leather pouch a side atm, i don't really care if i get little scratches.
    the leather pouch have scratched my woven glas battery cover badly, but it's ok.
    screenprotector + OEM-softshell and voila that's for me.
    02-12-12 01:40 PM
    More bad implementation by rim to have any scratching. Watch the soft shell above the attenna over time will scuff the edge. Compare it to the edge below the mute button which doesn't get buffed.
    02-12-12 02:58 PM
    i use the softshell for quite some time now and nope i don't have that issue.
    02-12-12 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD