Ok i am new to this forum, my main phone is an iPhone 4 and for good reason as i have had nothing but issues with the blackberry. with that said, i am however required to use a blackberry bold 9900 for work as i am not allowed to use my personal phone as per company policy.

Now to my issue, I recently replaced the screen (LCD and Digitizer) when i put the phone back together the scroll pad worked to navigate up/down/left/right but i could not select with it, and none of the other buttons on the keyboard worked at all (letters,talk, BB menu,end/power) baffled i figured i hadn't connected the keyboard properly or it didn't have a good connection, so i took it apart again and made sure it was connected. however the issue persisted. so i tried another keyboard, still same issue, tried another LCD/digitizer, same issue. when i put the old damaged LCD/digitizer in it worked just fine.

now my question is, if anyone has any clue as to why the keyboard would stop working when the screen was replaced? yet it works fine with the old LCD all the version numbers match on the LCD and when it comes to fixing hardware on a phone i consider myself competent, however i have come across a problem i cannot figure out. all the pins and connectors on the board and bezel are in perfect condition and are making the proper connections. I have restored the software numerous times and yet to no avail the problem continues to haunt me.

if i am missing any info on here that could assist in finding a solution for this problem please do not hesitate to ask and i will be as prompt as possible in providing you the details you may need to help rid me of this nightmare.

Thanks!
    11-28-12 12:40 PM
    where are you getting the replacement parts from?
    11-28-12 01:06 PM
    Ok i am new to this forum, my main phone is an iPhone 4 and for good reason as i have had nothing but issues with the blackberry. with that said, i am however required to use a blackberry bold 9900 for work as i am not allowed to use my personal phone as per company policy.

Now to my issue, I recently replaced the screen (LCD and Digitizer) when i put the phone back together the scroll pad worked to navigate up/down/left/right but i could not select with it, and none of the other buttons on the keyboard worked at all (letters,talk, BB menu,end/power) baffled i figured i hadn't connected the keyboard properly or it didn't have a good connection, so i took it apart again and made sure it was connected. however the issue persisted. so i tried another keyboard, still same issue, tried another LCD/digitizer, same issue. when i put the old damaged LCD/digitizer in it worked just fine.

now my question is, if anyone has any clue as to why the keyboard would stop working when the screen was replaced? yet it works fine with the old LCD all the version numbers match on the LCD and when it comes to fixing hardware on a phone i consider myself competent, however i have come across a problem i cannot figure out. all the pins and connectors on the board and bezel are in perfect condition and are making the proper connections. I have restored the software numerous times and yet to no avail the problem continues to haunt me.

if i am missing any info on here that could assist in finding a solution for this problem please do not hesitate to ask and i will be as prompt as possible in providing you the details you may need to help rid me of this nightmare.

Thanks!
    Sometimes during improper disassembly or reassembly it is possible to short circuit the motherboard by touching specific parts of it with your hands or fingers. Most videos do not remind users to wear plastic gloves. It is likely that you shorted one of the connections out.

Also if it isn't a original part from another phone it could cause a faulty circuit. This would prevent electricity from properly flowing through each of the connections.
    11-28-12 01:12 PM
    Perhaps the membrane underneath is messed up or something with the hard buttons. The trackpad itself is not part of that assembly as you can remove it indepently.
    11-28-12 04:20 PM