Truesupplier. Very easy to replace.
    12-23-11 01:13 AM
    Sounds like you have a bad keyboard.

Ask your Bell store if they have a store that does repairs and could fix it for you. If it isn't water damage, they may even just put the repair though warranty to RIMM. Print out the imei check that shows the in service date for proof of warranty.

If this doesn't work, there is another thread here regarding replacement keyboards. You need to get the complete unit, which will have the trackpad in it.
    do i really need to get the unite with the trackpad already installed? isnt the keyboard with the flex cable all i need?

never replaced a blackberry keyboard before so i just wanna be sure !
    12-28-11 08:36 PM
    do i really need to get the unite with the trackpad already installed? isnt the keyboard with the flex cable all i need?

never replaced a blackberry keyboard before so i just wanna be sure !
    Just go to the bell store and have them do a warranty repair if it's not water damage. If it is water damage, they'll tell you. Then you'll have to pay the non-warranty fee to fix it. If you don't want to pay the fee if it's water damaged, then take it to a repair shop in your area.

PS. If you have never done it before and don't want to risk damaging it, let the bell people or the repair shop do the hard work.
    12-28-11 08:43 PM
    found this with trackpad already installed:

Blackbery Bold 9900 Keypad with flex cable

and this one without:

Blackbery Bold 9930 Keypad with flex cable

which should i order?
    12-28-11 08:58 PM

and this one without:

which should i order?
    Obviously the 9900 model.
    12-28-11 09:35 PM

and this one without:

which should i order?
    Obviously the 9900 model. I do think you should take my advice as said in my earlier post.
    12-28-11 09:36 PM
    At that price I would let the shop do it. In Vancouver it costs $50 to have it replaced by a reputable outfit. By the time you get shipping on it from wherever its about the same price. I did mine and it was easy but I had a friend get one for $20.
    12-28-11 09:46 PM
    Im actually in Montreal and all the shops ive called for estimates tell me between 80-100 and most dont even have the part in store!

One guy event told me he would do it for 150$ and tried to sweeten the deal by telling me the taxes we're included haha

and i didnt even notice that one of the keyboards was for the 9930

Ordered the first link, will update when i recieve and install the new keboard
    12-29-11 11:51 AM
    Wow what a rip off.
    12-29-11 01:35 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD