Hi there... I just bought 9900 3 month ago, but a few weeks ago i found the keyboard silver line is discoloration!! Are this is normal??
    03-04-12 10:49 AM
    Well not so nomal..
    But they even break sometimes.
    03-04-12 11:02 AM
    Tq for reply, it so dispointed... Can't i reclaimed a warranty for that???
    03-04-12 11:10 AM
    If you type enough on these keyboards the keys will wear this is normal. My T and Y keys are very worn from using the track pad a lot.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-04-12 11:21 AM
    Fine for me if the keyboards alphabet is discolorations, why the sliver lines is discolorations form slivers it became black.......!!!!!!
    03-04-12 11:32 AM
    Hi there... I just bought 9900 3 month ago, but a few weeks ago i found the keyboard silver line is discoloration!! Are this is normal??
    Prior to me moving to 9900 some 2 weeks back, my earlier BB was a 9780. I've had 4 x 9780 in a span of 9 months and the last 2 of them, roughly 2-3 months old both had keypad discoloration problems.

RIM should swap / replace the entire handset for you but they're laid-back in their attitude these days. "Knock 'em hard" and bargain for a straight swap as you refuse to accept any of this nonsense !!

P.S. : Take a BB 9000 or an early edition of 9700 and type on it for ages. Nothing happens to it. Its evident that RIM has chosen its vendors to supply parts as extremely competitive rates - hence the quality of these parts are extremely poor too.

So who takes the bang ? Well - RIM gets their money of us users/customers and we take the bang. If I were you, I would try to get the handset changed or at least the keypad OEM replaced.
    Last edited by audio_engr; 03-04-12 at 11:43 AM.
    si@crackberry likes this.
    03-04-12 11:39 AM
    Prior to me moving to 9900 some 2 weeks back, my earlier BB was a 9780. I've had 4 x 9780 in a span of 9 months and the last 2 of them, roughly 2-3 months old both had keypad discoloration problems.

RIM should swap / replace the entire handset for you but they're laid-back in their attitude these days. "Knock 'em hard" and bargain for a straight swap as you refuse to accept any of this nonsense !!

P.S. : Take a BB 9000 or an early edition of 9700 and type on it for ages. Nothing happens to it. Its evident that RIM has chosen its vendors to supply parts as extremely competitive rates - hence the quality of these parts are extremely poor too.

So who takes the bang ? Well - RIM gets their money of us users/customers and we take the bang. If I were you, I would try to get the handset changed or at least the keypad OEM replaced.
    Thankful for your advice, hopefully RIM will stratified with my bold due to it just bought few months....
    03-04-12 11:56 AM
    Thankful for your advice, hopefully RIM will stratified with my bold due to it just bought few months....
    No they won't... You have to deal with the carrier (service provider) get the things done with RIM devices.
    03-04-12 12:18 PM
    Is there's anyone faces this kinds (Silver line discolorations) faulty.....
    03-04-12 12:32 PM
    Is there's anyone faces this kinds (Silver line discolorations) faulty.....
    There two sections for a products; normal wear and tear and abnormal defects. The warranty under regulations in US, EU and Canada reads that the manufactures only covers the second part, which is abnormal defects.

I think the silver line discoloration fall under the normal wear and tear therefore it is NOT covered under the warranty. However, I end up with a Bold 9900 with right out of the box the bottom metal piece had small hairline fractures kind of lines plus the bottom of the phone is not leveled. I had to call Telus and yell at them to get it replaced with new one, which they did because of my yelling and screaming.
    03-04-12 12:45 PM
    I note you live in Malaysia. In the Asia-Pacific world, BlackBerry were sold via both carriers as locked handsets AND also via resellers as unlocked handsets.

If your handset is an unlocked one, the importer for Malaysia is responsible to swap/replace/service the handset.

And if its a carrier phone purchase, then the carrier Maxis is responsible for the replacement.

If you get into any issues, escalate the problem directly to RIM Asia-Pacific HQ at :

RIM Singapore
    1 International Business Park
    The Synergy, #02-12
    Singapore 609917

tel: +65 6879 8700

Hope this helps ...
    03-04-12 01:41 PM
    I had to call Telus and yell at them to get it replaced with new one, which they did because of my yelling and screaming.
    Now - this is exactly what I meant by the "laid-back, don't care" attitude.

Glad to know you broke thru the barrier ...
    03-04-12 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD