It's always going to come down to personal preference in the end. Most folks use their phone as their main camera so i can see how it can be important. For me, most devices have a decent enough camera, as I only use it to share quickly on Facebook or something. Video out I wouldn't use so much plus you'd have to dish out another 40 bucks for the cord, I'd rather plug in the laptop. I couldn't stand the touchscreen keyboard I had for as long as I did so a physical keyboard is a big reason why I chose no 9930. I chose it for the main purpose of being a great communication device.
    I don't disagree with your main point, but if I can have both communication AND camera/games/camcorder/mobile hotspot/whatever, I'll take that device.
    10-04-11 06:26 PM
    I have imac and ipad and love apple kit and software. Would I swap my 9900 for the new iphone ? No way.
    I would point out the camera means nothing to me. It depends on you priorities, but with respect bb an iphone cameras can only produce good pictures in very limited conditions.
    The bb 9900 has the best keyboard ever on any smartphone, a great screen and call quality, and magnificent email. Those are my priorities.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't find BB email to be so magnificent. The 9900 keyboard though is.

BTW The camera on my wife's iPhone 4 kills the camera on my 9700. I have no idea how bad the 9900 camera is because AT&T would rather sell me an iPhone.
    10-04-11 07:49 PM
    Bold 9900/9930.
    10-04-11 08:15 PM
    I would have gotten the 9900 today if it wasn't for the lack of auto-focus on the camera

I have an iPad2 and returned my BlackBerry PlayBook on the sole reason of TERRIBLE battery life
    dam my playbook's batter is amazing. It did suck but i did a batter full reset. if wifi is off after 24hrs on standby it was at 96% lol 4% in 1 day.

wifi has a drain problem. so i just teether and it lasts forever.
    10-04-11 08:32 PM
    i currently have an android device, the Droid X, but seeing that the new iphone is the 4S and isn't much of an upgrade, i would take the bold 99xx.

i'm waiting to get my hands on a 9930.
    10-04-11 11:48 PM
    Iphone 4S(ucker)

10-05-11 01:55 AM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    bold 9900 all the way ... its awesome!!!
    10-05-11 06:22 AM
    LMAO soooo many pissed off fanboys... Soo little time!

10-05-11 07:18 AM
    introducing the iPhone 4****! SIRIously!
    10-05-11 07:21 AM
    bold 9900 all the way ... its awesome!!!
    The keyboard is awesome. The 4S is superior in every other way including AT&T availability.
    10-05-11 08:27 AM
    Well, iMessage is out, i still don't give a ****! Just a thought
    10-12-11 11:42 PM
    I don't disagree with your main point, but if I can have both communication AND camera/games/camcorder/mobile hotspot/whatever, I'll take that device.

Yep it is personal. Because I tend to prefer separate devices due to the fact that while phones can do all these things, batteries simply do not last enough to make it practical for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-12-11 11:51 PM
    Yep it is personal. Because I tend to prefer separate devices due to the fact that while phones can do all these things, batteries simply do not last enough to make it practical for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Good point.

I used to carry three. Now... I refuse to ever carry more than one if I can help it. I also try to get devices that help me not lug a laptop around.

But, I do concede that battery life is something I have learned to adjust to.
    10-12-11 11:57 PM
    Wait till the iPhone 6 because this new iPhone coming out isn't going to be much an improvement. Most of the improvements and innovations are coming from the OS. I would rather buy an iPhone 4 after it comes out because the price will be cheap.
    You foresaw the future :O
    10-13-11 02:18 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD