I've been very pleasantly surprised at how good my new Blackberry is as a music player and podcast player compared to my old iPhone. Now I will admit that I passionately hate iTunes and so perhaps did not spend enough time trying to learn it. However, it seemed like for the casual user your only option was to make a play list and then play that in order or shuffled.

However with the BB, it lets me make a playlist or play by artist, album, genre, etc. Fantastic! It may be the same on iPhone but it never became apparent to me over several years of using them.
    For podcasts I have only used the stock player. On my iPhone I could not download a podcast unless I was using WiFi. BB lets me choose if I want to download using data or WiFi. Win!

I also just discovered that iTunes does not backup your photos to PC, nor does it allow you to download them from your phone. I had to treat the phone like a digital camera. I was very surprised.
    12-09-11 12:46 PM
    good to hear some positive things about the 9900 after all the displeasure people have expressed towards it
    12-09-11 01:01 PM
    The 9900 rocks
    12-09-11 01:03 PM
    I too love the media functions of the 99xx...
    12-09-11 01:27 PM
    Despite the complaints about the camera on the 9900 I am actually very pleased with it.
    I had a real world trial at work yesterday where I was involved with the unloading of a shipping container of some new equipment as we are getting a new plant fitted. The owners want a time line doing and so these were to provide some suitable pics.

I'm not sure if it's much of a comparison but my boss was snapping some pics on his HTC Sensation. In the pictures on the Bold looked better once uploaded onto the computer.

I do like the media functionality of the Bold as well but generally use my Ipod.
    12-09-11 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD