i like it but want some reviews. anybody got it? help
    12-08-11 08:16 AM
    you cant go wrong, you'll love it. if you know the BB ecosystem this 9900 is the best phone for it. enjoy..
    12-08-11 08:39 AM
    It's a great device best BlackBerry to date unless you want a different platform the 9900 is the way to go.
    12-08-11 08:46 AM
    It is a really good phone for me... A far better keyboard than the Bold 9700 I used to have. Some people ran in to issues with this phone, but I guess I am lucky.
    12-08-11 08:51 AM
    It's a beauty. The keyboard is the best there is, and the screen is sharp and smooth to operate.

The camera doesn't have auto-focus, which means 2 things: First, it's harder to take close-up photos, and the results won't be as clear as they would be with an auto-focus camera. So if this is a priority for you, you may want to consider a different model. Second, the camera is actually better for photographing active, moving subjects, because there's very little lag when you take the picture.

Some people are getting excellent battery life, but a good number of people are not. So far nobody has figured out why, so it's hard to predict what your battery life will be like, but you should keep in mind that unlike most prior BBs, it may not be good.

You may want to research App World online to see if the apps that you might be interested in are available.
    12-08-11 09:00 AM
    key board is awesome, don't care for the touch screen but you cant have it your way all the tie I guess....unfortunately (or should I say FORTUNATELY).......with all the bad publicity I've been reading about lately, and RIM fessing up to an issue but not knowing how to fix it....I decided to trade it for the 9700 bold plus cash....I can now sleep better knowing that I don't have a phone that may or may not 'brick' on me.....once they figure out the problem, i may get it again (and at a lower price I hope).....
    12-08-11 12:15 PM
    Good? No. AWESOME!
    12-08-11 01:25 PM
    When its all said and done the 9900 is a great phone to use- I wiz around os 7 doing multiple things and accessing exactly wot I want very quickly. The battery and camera are weak points but there not deal breakers imo. The deal breakers are the very responsive/clear screen and the brilliant keybaord. I've had no problems with mine and it does everything I need very quickly. Best bb to date imo.
    12-08-11 01:34 PM
    Go Bold!

It is a great device. The display is crisp and the keyboard is beyond amazing. OS 7 is super fast.

There have been issues for others. I know people on other platforms that have had problems too. Each of my sisters are on their 4th iphone this year and I have a friend who is on their 3rd droid. I've never had to get a replacement BB, and thats throughout my 3 years thumbing BB's.

So its a gamble, yes. But I wouldn't want anything else other than my 9930.
    Last edited by dustanh; 12-08-11 at 01:47 PM. Reason: spelling
    12-08-11 01:45 PM
    The Bold 9900 is a good device but the torch 9860 seems to be also a nice one... if you like the QWERTY keyboard you can buy the Bold 9900 but i also think that the new Blackberry 9790 is a very good one
    12-08-11 02:46 PM
    BEAST!!!! that is all i could say about this device..
    12-08-11 06:19 PM
    For me, this is a fine, fine piece of equipment. I could be happy with this phone for a long time. Like, maybe even more than a year.
    Check out the poll in this forum that asks if people are happy with their 99xx.
    Last edited by sulcopete; 12-08-11 at 07:33 PM. Reason: More info
    12-08-11 07:22 PM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-11 03:53 PM
    This is an amazing email/texting device. With bbm built in, it's an amazing experience!!!! If keyboard is your priority I suggest you get this
    12-09-11 04:30 PM
    Its great if you bother to setup the software properly and keep it updated.
    12-09-11 10:48 PM
    Good to read all (if not most) the positive comments on this phone. I've been thinking to upgrade from my 2 yrs old Bold 9700 to this 9900. But I've read so many posts about the battery issue. I think I'll pull the trigger. Worst case, get a 2nd backup battery or get an extended battery (if any available).
    12-09-11 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD