Hey guys, well long story short I bought the phone off kijiji awhile ago and havent had a single problem with it. However yesterday it fell off my bed onto the wood floor and cracked the glass on top of the screen. I am wondering if it is cheaper to fix the glass through Rogers. Idk if the phone still has warranty cause I bought it off kijiji. I got a quote to get the glass fixed for 40$ but will Rogers do anything?

Thanks
    05-25-12 08:41 AM
    Broken glass from a fall? Not a manufactures defect, with Rogers they will advise to send away for repair and the repair depot will provide a quote to repair, if you accept the quote they will repair it, if you decline, you will be charged $35.00 for the quote and device will be shipped back to you, and that's only if the warranty of 1 year has not lapsed completely.
    05-25-12 08:53 AM
    Hi there, thanks for the reply. It fell off my bed, its like a spiderweb crack.
    And Idk if the previous owner had warranty on it. Don't all 9900s have warranty still? Cause I think they only came out in september?
    05-25-12 11:35 AM
    If you are under a post paid account with Rogers they will fix it under their handset protection plan. I think there is a $35 fee for it and limits to how much the repair can be for them to cover it, maybe $150.

Bring it into a Rogers store and see what they say.
    05-25-12 12:08 PM
    I would think if u didnt buy it from rogers its probably useless to go back to them even if it is a 'rogers' phone because it has to be attached to your account. They will most likely charge you full price. Find a relaible 3rd party retailer to do it.. im sure it will be much cheaper.
    05-25-12 04:01 PM
    iRepex does a decent job and there very affordable. They are located near Finch and Yonge.
    05-25-12 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD