07-07-11 03:55 AM
205 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Been a while since I've posted on cb... But for those that were wondering what that flashing light in the trackpad was... Here's a little science experiment. Open the camera app on your blackberry, take a tv remote, and point it at your camera. Watch your screen and enjoy physics!

The trackpad contains an infrared sensor which is sensitive to your finger, it is the reason why your blackberry understands your every move.

Hope this helps!
    06-22-11 08:32 PM
    Been a while since I've posted on cb... But for those that were wondering what that flashing light in the trackpad was... Here's a little science experiment. Open the camera app on your blackberry, take a tv remote, and point it at your camera. Watch your screen and enjoy physics!

The trackpad contains an infrared sensor which is sensitive to your finger, it is the reason why your blackberry understands your every move.

Hope this helps!

Not forgetting to push buttons on the remote
    06-22-11 08:41 PM
    Not forgetting to push buttons on the remote
    And that!
    06-22-11 08:43 PM
    How did a communist third world nation with the world's longest history of political prisoners and human rights violations get a BB 9900 lol...
    I'm just gonna take this as your failed attempt at immature sarcasm and leave it at that. You need to grow up and realize that the world is a much bigger place than your own backyard.
    fnguyen and mthomps07 like this.
    06-22-11 10:37 PM
    Looks very promising, just wish it wasn't so small. Could you like upload it to photobucket or some website so we could actually see the image much bigger please? Looks VERY nice from that scaled down image though.

If you do do this (haha I said dodo) then PLEASE record it for us to see as well. Still waiting for that 9900 and iphone 4 browser comparison video.

PS. Key about videos of unreleased devices. We don't care if the video is 20 minutes long, we will watch it all as it just gives us more and more hope. Don't be afraid to let the video run long, no need to make it always less than 2 minutes or something.

That is all, :P Appreciate it again CMKNIGHT! [:
    thank you for your complement,

this one is 1024 x 768 pixels

it's not the largest that the 9900 could take. The largest size is 2560 x 1920. Video recording on this device is almost too good to be true as well.
    Last edited by cmknight; 06-22-11 at 11:59 PM.
    abass likes this.
    06-22-11 10:41 PM
    Thanks for showing me the NFC black rubberize strip cmknight. Yeah id figure alot of fingerprints would be left behind on that plastic battery door cover... The whole wireless nfc scan thingy is a cool concept, but i still wouldnt mind getting a 3rd party accessory. Faux leather it is! Oh & that picture you took with the 9900 looks so clear & crisp!
    thank you, it's your call on the faux leather battery cover like I said, if some 3rd-party manufacturers could include the "receivers" strip, then you're golden
    06-22-11 10:43 PM
    I'm just gonna take this as your failed attempt at immature sarcasm and leave it at that. You need to grow up and realize that the world is a much bigger place than your own backyard.
    CMKnight, just ignore him, he's an *****. The rest of us really appriciate all the updates you've given us on the device. thanks again buddy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-11 10:48 PM
    some more tease:

Shout out to Mr. Chaz720 for the great wallpaper. You're da man!

For those who are wondering about storage when install apps, they will be installed on the 768MB ram, I know, it sucks, but it'd do for now.

Texting is still limited to 160 characters per 1 sms

EDITED: I had to take down some pictures for caution.

For more exclusive pictures & videos, please visit our site BisVN for more updates
    Last edited by cmknight; 06-23-11 at 03:02 AM.
    abass, Pirks and JUSTQUAN2 like this.
    06-22-11 10:54 PM
    Come on cmknight! Please stop torturing us with promises! Post your comparison of the web browser against iPhone 4 as soon as possible! Puhleeaassee!
    abass likes this.
    06-22-11 11:30 PM
    Come on cmknight! Please stop torturing us with promises! Post your comparison of the web browser against iPhone 4 as soon as possible! Puhleeaassee!
    i will, soon. Just have to borrow a camera . I dont have a separate camcorder. All the previous vids were recorded on the iPhone 4
    Pirks likes this.
    06-22-11 11:57 PM
    i will, soon. Just have to borrow a camera . I dont have a separate camcorder. All the previous vids were recorded on the iPhone 4
    Oh wow.. Didn't think about it like that.. You would be using the iPhone 4 for a different reason so you cant use it to record too hah :P completely understandable :P
    Pirks likes this.
    06-23-11 12:05 AM
    Speaking of all of this, what exactly is this whole "like" system crackberry has added to the forums? Now its like I don't know if I should "Thank" or "like" someones post haha
    06-23-11 12:24 AM
    Does the media player do gapless audio playback? (Please say yes... :-) )
    06-23-11 12:27 AM
    I guess like means just like, and thanks means not like but LOVE
    Smth like that
    Last edited by Pirks; 06-23-11 at 01:43 AM.
    abass and ritesh like this.
    06-23-11 12:27 AM
    Man this is the best insider info ever.
    06-23-11 01:17 AM
    I guess like means just like, and thanks means not like bot LOVE
    Smth like that
    Hahaha nice way of putting it Yeah I guess you are right for instance if someone helps you with something or gives you something you have been waiting for for a while ie. pictures of an unreleased phone or answers a question of yours = Thanks. If someone says something funny or something like that then its just a "like". I kinda like that system because when I was first a member of CrackBerry, I would read some posts and they would be like REALLY FUNNY to the point where I was actually laughing out loud. Problem was, I would write a response to that saying "hahaha that was good" or something because "thanks" for a funny comment is kind of weird. I guess this system works out now because "liking" a funny comment is actually much more fitting and cuts down on the pointless posts of "haha that was funny" because it was not deserving of a "thanks" because it just straight does not make sense to say that.

Sorry for the long explanation I came up with to the question I asked, but "THANK" you Pirks, you helped me come up with that. Get it? "like" you Pirks you helped me come up with that makes NO SENSE. Yet the way that you put your post "I guess like means just like" made me laugh because its funny how you put it so its more of a "like" because of how you put it so yeah.. hahaha end of rant/explanation lmaoo
    06-23-11 01:34 AM
    I guess like means just like, and thanks means not like but LOVE
    Smth like that
    Haha that was hilarious and I 'liked' it.
    06-23-11 02:37 AM
    ok guys, so RIM is trying hard to reach out to find us. We are not letting them touching the device. So i'm just here updating it for you. I will try to do a browser speed comparison video. But after that we might have to slow down on the leaks.

So stay tuned.

God bless,

BisVN.
    AbuYazeedUK, fnguyen and Alan973 like this.
    06-23-11 03:16 AM
    ok guys, so RIM is trying hard to reach out to find us. We are not letting them touching the device. So i'm just here updating it for you. I will try to do a browser speed comparison video. But after that we might have to slow down on the leaks.

So stay tuned.

God bless,

BisVN.
    Appreciate it so much! Never even thought about the repercussions of what you are doing for us. I appreciate it just that much more now and I'm sure we all do too.

Not that it means much because I'm sure it's sadly never going to happen, but if I am ever fortunate enough to receive a leaked device I would return the favor in a second.

This last speed comparison video will pretty much sum up the remainder of my/our questions towards this device until it is released. You have answered everything we have asked and showed us countless pictures and video. Kevin did the speed comparison using WIFI but with the 9900 and the 9780, I am still very curious about how it competes with the "Godly iPhone 4"

*IMPORTANT* please read this CMKNIGHT: In all leaked videos of this phone showing the browser, it has always been on WIFI which I feel is not entirely best because most of the time when using the browser, I have been on 3g with my Bold 9650 so I would be EXTREMELY curious as to how the basic 3g connection speed browser competes with the 3g connection on the iPhone 4. In addition to the WIFI of course. If this is going to be one of the last few leaks you do to prevent getting into any trouble, Please Please PLEASE go out with a bang. If you could show the browsers competing to a few websites with WIFI on and competing with WIFI off I (and many others) would be ECSTATIC!

Thanks AGAIN for what you are doing, you have given us the hope that we need until this phone finally gets released even though you guys could have potentially gotten into big trouble so for this, so for that, we thank you.

THANK YOU
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 06-23-11 at 03:31 AM.
    06-23-11 03:27 AM

So stay tuned.

God bless,

BisVN.
    Jeez, you'd think they'd appreciate someone trying to generate some buzz for their stuff. God forbid. Thanks much for the leaks!
    06-23-11 07:00 AM
    I sure as heck hope it doesn't turn into that iphone4 gizmodo debacle.
    06-23-11 11:18 AM
    Kevin did the speed comparison using WIFI but with the 9900 and the 9780
    Where can I find this one? Link please
    06-23-11 01:35 PM
    Where can I find this one? Link please
    Web Browser Shootout: BlackBerry 7 on the Bold 9930 vs. BlackBerry 6 on the Bold 9780! | CrackBerry.com
    Pirks and JUSTQUAN2 like this.
    06-23-11 01:37 PM
    Great video review of the new browser, thanks Kevin! The moment 99xx comes out I'll start begging Anandtech to do a thorough browser review and comparison vs iPhone just like they did for Playbook. I've got Playbook primarily because its browser trounces everyone including iPad, really curious if 99xx can do anything close to that in a much smaller form factor and on an ancient OS instead of QNX.
    06-23-11 02:55 PM

So stay tuned.

God bless,

BisVN.
    they should thank you, the more you the more it ll sell
    jacmeister68 likes this.
    06-23-11 03:16 PM
205 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD