If the playbook can use tango and call me I'm down with that.
    It doesnt so your straight out of luck on that...unless you have an iphone4 or an Android handset.
    JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
    06-22-11 06:30 AM
    I am no photography expert, but here's an image taken with the 9900 with flash

sorry for Flickr's automatic resizing.

The maximum size of a picture that the 9900 could take is 2560x1920pixels
    That looks great to me!

Keep up the great work!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-11 06:46 AM
    How did a communist third world nation with the world's longest history of political prisoners and human rights violations get a BB 9900 lol...
    06-22-11 06:47 AM
    It doesnt so your straight out of luck on that...unless you have an iphone4 or an Android handset.
    I actually have both in my hand right now and now they are USELESS!!!!!! lol
    06-22-11 06:52 AM
    I actually have both in my hand right now and now they are USELESS!!!!!! lol
    LOL the app tango or the phones??...i use my iphone4 to tango with my sis in law in Canada...it works pretty well for me and its much cheaper, well its free to call them using tango rather than spending a fortune on calling cards.

Just wish Tango would do an app for the playbook or BB devices....fingers crossed they do at some point or someone else comes up with an app similar to tango.
    06-22-11 07:22 AM
    LOL the app tango or the phones??...
    The phones lol.

I'm just dying to send a barrage of messages and emails using this device. I'm so hoping I check the news feeds one day and it says rim/sprint will release the bold mid July.
    06-22-11 07:38 AM
    Thanks for all the effort cmknight!!

i've been reading from 1st pages, one question though, where the applications install to? the 8gb internal storage or 768 RAM?

or maybe can provide us the photos with the remaining ram or storage?

thanks bro!
    06-22-11 08:12 AM
    apps = RAM
    even tho the 9900 has 768 MB RAM, you'll have about the same amount of free MB for apps as the 9780 which has 512 MB RAM
    so it'll be something like 200MB+ for apps

(at least videos from blackberry world have shown us that)
    06-22-11 08:15 AM
    ya, saw that videos as well, wish thats not the case, if its, then having 200mb+ to run bb apps suppose to be sufficient, however, why the use of 8gb?
    06-22-11 08:39 AM
    This thread has me repeatedly hitting cmnd+R every 10 secs or so! Great job CMKNIGHT, super informative.
    06-22-11 08:42 AM
    how can apps be installed onto ram!? they would just get wiped as soon as you turned off the power. and your phone would get slower and slower the more you installed.
    ram is used to store data temporarily to increase loading times as well as loads of other stuff, decreasing it constantly with apps would bring it to a crawl in minutes.

Last edited by badger906; 06-22-11 at 08:53 AM.
    06-22-11 08:43 AM
    i thought RAM was just there for the phone/Laptop to run smoother while multitasking and Apps/Software was installed on the internal memory/Hard drive, i hope the apps install on the 8gb (not that i have many apps) because 512 is not much different from my 9780
    06-22-11 09:29 AM
    i thought RAM was just there for the phone/Laptop to run smoother while multitasking and Apps/Software was installed on the internal memory/Hard drive, i hope the apps install on the 8gb (not that i have many apps) because 512 is not much different from my 9780
    Ram is not hard storage. Ram is cleared when you reboot a device, which is why to speed up a device that has been getting slower in the day, a reboot will make it run faster again.

Flash memory is for hard storage which is where apps and whatever are stored.
    johnmarki likes this.
    06-22-11 09:36 AM
    i guess im realize the differ now, however, still apparently ram that running the os and apps take space as much as os and apps it self..

like my bb9700
    ram 256mb - average free space 70-60mb
    application storage 256mb - free 60mb

to bad if still applicable to 9900, coz more great apps coming in more bigger size and greater ram needed to run.

thats why in BBW shows left 200mb+ free ram, i guess the apps storage itself taken by around 500mb.

how about if installed with 1gb apps and os? or maybe im wrong..
    Last edited by janz25; 06-22-11 at 09:50 AM.
    06-22-11 09:43 AM
    The OS takes up ram and storage space. The most likely case is that you're blackberry has 256mb RAM and a separate 256mb allocated for the OS (including apps). The OS takes up ram to run. In the ram the OS performs tasks and so will always take up ram. When you use applications, they will also eat into the ram to run.

The OS also takes up space in the internal storage as that is where it is stored. Thats where the OS actually is, and where apps are installed.

The case may be that rim allocate some of the internal memory for th OS (and apps). It's probably always around what the RAM is as people generally don't run out of space for apps on a blackberry. The rest of the un-allocated storage is for media, docs... etc.

Because of the limitations of BB OS, apps can probably only get stored on the allocated space which is separate from where media is. That's probably one reason why the archetecture is not great. But come QNX, we will be able to utilise the whole of the internal storage for apps and other data together.
    janz25 likes this.
    06-22-11 10:09 AM
    Thanks for the explanation chaz, still buying this phone anywy and look forward to rim qnx phones, hopes its just getting better and better.
    06-22-11 10:25 AM
    Thanks for the explanation chaz, still buying this phone anywy and look forward to rim qnx phones, hopes its just getting better and better.
    No problem at all! I hope it was clear enough.

This may not be exactly how rim has done it, but most likely.

But one think for CERTIAN is that apps cannot be stored in RAM.
    06-22-11 10:35 AM
    I used to install pc games to ram for ultra fast boot times, just couldn't turn the pc off lol (and when games took up less than a couple of gig!) but phones no =P

06-22-11 11:17 AM
    Thank you cmknight for all the info that you have put out. There were three devices that I was looking to get, this, the monaco, and the lg thrill. After watching the videos and getting the feedback for the bold, this looks like the phone I will be going for. Thanks again.
    06-22-11 11:37 AM
    How did a communist third world nation with the world's longest history of political prisoners and human rights violations get a BB 9900 lol...
    Hey am not from his country,
    But why the insults, you shouldn't come to this thread if u want ro insult his country
    U should be happy instead

About the prisoner ? How many thousands of innocent arabs are they in guatano ?
    If you don't like his country, don't come spilling beans instead or leave this thread

We are all excited to see the phone we love so much, we are all excited here, we focus aboutt the phone not the country

Vietnam ? They haddd the touchpad weeks after think beyond event

06-22-11 02:50 PM
    I am no photography expert, but here's an image taken with the 9900 with flash

sorry for Flickr's automatic resizing.

The maximum size of a picture that the 9900 could take is 2560x1920pixels
    Looks very promising, just wish it wasn't so small. Could you like upload it to photobucket or some website so we could actually see the image much bigger please? Looks VERY nice from that scaled down image though.

Ok guys, I'm thinking maybe we could use the Playbook and do live video calls for you to see the 9900 in action. How does that sound?
    If you do do this (haha I said dodo) then PLEASE record it for us to see as well. Still waiting for that 9900 and iphone 4 browser comparison video.

PS. Key about videos of unreleased devices. We don't care if the video is 20 minutes long, we will watch it all as it just gives us more and more hope. Don't be afraid to let the video run long, no need to make it always less than 2 minutes or something.

That is all, :P Appreciate it again CMKNIGHT! [:
    06-22-11 03:27 PM
    Just spoke to a friend that works in Vodafone UK he said they've been told to expect this device in July! another thing he said they normally get their device 1-2 weeks after they have the meeting with RIM and he's got a meeting on June 30th a week later would be July 7th which someone else posted as a rumored release date....just thought i let the eager beavers know
    abass, JUSTQUAN2 and Chaz720 like this.
    06-22-11 06:34 PM
    Just spoke to a friend that works in Vodafone UK he said they've been told to expect this device in July! another thing he said they normally get their device 1-2 weeks after they have the meeting with RIM and he's got a meeting on June 30th a week later would be July 7th which someone else posted as a rumored release date....just thought i let the eager beavers know
    awesome news! Really looking forward to this device

I'm getting this device on vodafone as soon as it launches - if availability allows. heh... it better...

Hopefully after the 30th, vodafone will have an exact release date to tease us with and hopefully we will then be able to pre-order. Which I will do ofc!!

Do you know if you can pre-order at vodafone in-store, and get them to send it to my house? I'm guessing yes as you can do it online, but I want to talk with them.
    06-22-11 06:44 PM
    That is excellent news for the UK!

I have a plan, we all get mask and storm RIM coporate and labs and get our Bold touch devices!!!.... Sorry, I just got done watching 'Heat'.
    06-22-11 06:46 PM
    Thanks for showing me the NFC black rubberize strip cmknight. Yeah id figure alot of fingerprints would be left behind on that plastic battery door cover... The whole wireless nfc scan thingy is a cool concept, but i still wouldnt mind getting a 3rd party accessory. Faux leather it is! Oh & that picture you took with the 9900 looks so clear & crisp!
    cmknight likes this.
    06-22-11 06:56 PM
205 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD