cmknight this thread is AWSOME! Many Many thanks for continually posting updates, pics, and vids of 9900.

I just cant wait any longer!! I want so bad... i wan it now!!
    06-21-11 10:21 PM
    I think it's the flash from the video camera. The device doesn't have a light inside the trackpad. The only light is the glow around it. Trust me.
    UrbanGlowCam is correct.

Nothing mysterious guys, the light was just the flash light on my iPhone 4 which i used to film that video.

Ok, I will do a couple more vids on browser speed (comparing it to the iphone 4), and text messaging.

Notice: the ticking noise is very low, but you will hear it when using the keyboard. I think the way they make the spring/key beds is different from the Bold 9000, hence the ticking noise.
    06-21-11 10:45 PM
    Hey cm

So after reading all your replies I still don't get a feel for the battery life. Is it as good as a 9700 or worse like a 9650?
    You said 10 hrs before and it was still on but you never specified what percentage you were getting?

I imagine you are using it pretty heavily so how long until it needs to see a charger?

Thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-11 10:54 PM
    Hey cm

So after reading all your replies I still don't get a feel for the battery life. Is it as good as a 9700 or worse like a 9650?
    You said 10 hrs before and it was still on but you never specified what percentage you were getting?

I imagine you are using it pretty heavily so how long until it needs to see a charger?

Thanks in advance

Hey eve6er69,

The battery is 1230 mAh. It is better than the battery on the 9700.

By the time of that 1st writing on page 1, it has been on for 10 hours after the 1st full charge, it was 70% left. It went on for about almost 2 days. I turned it off the second night tho.

I'm confident that it could go for 2 days with heavy usage like 3G on all the time, with push email + BBM, social feeds checking every 2 hours, oh and I also use Beejive for my other IM needs.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Congrats to the Bruins and Boston. I know Fall River is 45mins away but still, you should be proud to be living in a city that won 7 titles over the last 9 years.
    06-21-11 11:15 PM
    UrbanGlowCam is correct.

Nothing mysterious guys, the light was just the flash light on my iPhone 4 which i used to film that video.

Ok, I will do a couple more vids on browser speed (comparing it to the iphone 4), and text messaging.

Notice: the ticking noise is very low, but you will hear it when using the keyboard. I think the way they make the spring/key beds is different from the Bold 9000, hence the ticking noise.
    Jeeze okay.. Its just so funny how this video has the exact same thing in the exact same spot:

you move the camera around and phone around.. how could that flash thing be in the exact same spot the entire time? Bah I believe you though even though that is really weird :P

But really, appreciate all you are doing here man! Really getting us excited during this very lousy time of wait and a web browser speed comparison between iphone and 9900 = YOU A GOD :P

Appreciate everything man! (hard question I know, but which one do you like better? iphone or 9900?)

Thank! [:
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 06-21-11 at 11:36 PM.
    06-21-11 11:31 PM
    Jeeze okay.. Its just so funny how this video has the exact same thing in the exact same spot:

you move the camera around and phone around.. how could that flash thing be in the exact same spot the entire time? Bah I believe you though even though that is really weird :P
    Yeah it does look weird after you sent me that other video. I watched both and it definitely looks strange. But I've seen enough videos and never heard anyone that had the prerelease device mention it.

Sorry if I came off as a know it all. I didn't mean that.

Hey eve6er69,

The battery is 1230 mAh. It is better than the battery on the 9700.

By the time of that 1st writing on page 1, it has been on for 10 hours after the 1st full charge, it was 70% left. It went on for about almost 2 days. I turned it off the second night tho.

I'm confident that it could go for 2 days with heavy usage like 3G on all the time, with push email + BBM, social feeds checking every 2 hours, oh and I also use Beejive for my other IM needs..
    That's great to hear already on a prerelease! I hope this will apply to the 9930 CDMA variant and 9850 as well...I'll be deciding between those. Luckily they all share the same hardware and battery. The CDMA vs GSM accounts for the difference with the latter usually being better.

Cmknight, can you just clear up whether you have the GSM radio, WIFI, Bluetooth, or NFC on when testing the battery?
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 06-21-11 at 11:43 PM.
    cmknight likes this.
    06-21-11 11:37 PM

But really, appreciate all you are doing here man! Really getting us excited during this very lousy time of wait and a web browser speed comparison between iphone and 9900 = YOU A GOD :P

Appreciate everything man! (hard question I know, but which one do you like better? iphone or 9900?)

Thank! [:
    i watched that video and yes, it is the same flash light thing.

You're welcome. Stay tuned for more updates. Browser speed comparison vdieo will be available soon. I might do it tonight when I get home.

Between the iPhone & 9900: that is a hard question. I love the new keyboard onthe 9900 and the touch screen is amazing, it really helps speeding browsing + navigating. However, the lack of apps (remember AppWorld is not accessible from my country) is a - point. I still use it for my work email, business scheduling and BBM my colleagues. But I get my iPhone out to play games when I'm not busy. Plus that iMessage is looking like a real competition for BBM. People in my country use iPhone more than Blackberry, and not a lot sign up for BIS.

So there, 99000 for work and iphone for entertainment.
    06-21-11 11:45 PM
    Yeah it does look weird after you sent me that other video. I watched both and it definitely looks strange. But I've seen enough videos and never heard anyone that had the prerelease device mention it.

That's great to hear already on a prerelease! I hope this will apply to the 9930 CDMA variant and 9850 as well...I'll be deciding between those. Luckily they all share the same hardware and battery. The CDMA vs GSM accounts for the difference with the latter usually being better.

Cmknight, can you just clear up whether you have the GSM radio, WIFI, Bluetooth, or NFC on when testing the battery?
    hey UrbanGlowCam,

I have 3G, wifi and bluetooth on all the time. No NFC tho, because there has not been an NFC system in my country so I don't use that function.
    UrbanGlowCam and johnmarki like this.
    06-21-11 11:51 PM
    Thanks for the fast response! I agree about the iphone 4 vs BB.

So do you feel the CDMA variant of the 9900 (9930) and 9850 will last a whole day comfortably with battery based on your experience?
    06-21-11 11:53 PM

Hah nah, don't worry about it buddy.. I didn't take it like that at all. I was just stumped as I have seen TONS of videos and have never seen that light, then BOOM, two BRAND NEW test models get leaked and there is the same light going on the trackpad lmao

It just caught me off guard and kinda had to hear it from cmknight because the coincidence was just too crazy that's all. I probably sounded like a d*ck if anything and I didn't mean to hah.

i watched that video and yes, it is the same flash light thing.

You're welcome. Stay tuned for more updates. Browser speed comparison vdieo will be available soon. I might do it tonight when I get home.

Between the iPhone & 9900: that is a hard question. I love the new keyboard onthe 9900 and the touch screen is amazing, it really helps speeding browsing + navigating. However, the lack of apps (remember AppWorld is not accessible from my country) is a - point. I still use it for my work email, business scheduling and BBM my colleagues. But I get my iPhone out to play games when I'm not busy. Plus that iMessage is looking like a real competition for BBM. People in my country use iPhone more than Blackberry, and not a lot sign up for BIS.

So there, 99000 for work and iphone for entertainment.
    I have heard that a lot.. BB for Business and iphone for games and entertainment. I am COMPLETELY fine with that as I agree 100% and I am a DIE HARD BlackBerry fanboy. Appreciate the input and looking forward to the future videos you release [:
    06-22-11 12:27 AM
    @CMKNIGHT... How about that cam? Are we taking decent pictures and video?
    06-22-11 12:28 AM
    Hah nah, don't worry about it buddy.. I didn't take it like that at all. I was just stumped as I have seen TONS of videos and have never seen that light, then BOOM, two BRAND NEW test models get leaked and there is the same light going on the trackpad lmao

It just caught me off guard and kinda had to hear it from cmknight because the coincidence was just too crazy that's all. I probably sounded like a d*ck if anything and I didn't mean to hah.
    Nah not at all! Don't trip.

Here's an HD video taken by the Torch 2 which will likely have the exact same camera as the 9900/9850. This is from a prerelease device so there is a chance for it to be changed upon final release.

Viddler.com - BlackBerry Torch 2 sample HD video - Uploaded by engadget
    JUSTQUAN2 and johnmarki like this.
    06-22-11 12:32 AM
    Pretty decent quality especially for a cellphone, Entirely satisfied with that.

Kinda worried about the picture taking though, they are all about making the camera has a smaller and smaller wait time from taking picture to picture so they took out like the great auto focus feature with the new phones. This gets me kind of nervous only because I currently have a 9650 and my cousin has a Torch and although it has higher megapixels than my camera, we have done many tests and my pictures look MUCH better than his, especially for close up pictures. Bah just hope it takes pictures as good/better than my camera and its not bad without that good old autofocus like on my 9650. (I understand it still has somewhat of an auto focus, but like my 9650 REALLY has a long autofocus.. slower pictures, but the pictures look MUCH better than my cousins torch)
    06-22-11 12:38 AM
    Thanks for the updates, pics, & videos cmknight! Cant wait to get mines... Quick question, How does the carbon fiber plastic battery door cover feel like? Does it have a good grip? I actually prefer the faux leather because it looks sleek, good grip, & has that v.i.p look to it haha. So i hope they will come out with one for accessories.
    06-22-11 12:56 AM
    Yes I feel you. First thing I'm buying is a spare battery. Sometimes my job doesn't allow me to be around outlets. So I have to ditch my iPad but atleast will be able to SMS harass my contact list ALL NIGHT .
    06-22-11 01:05 AM
    Pretty decent quality especially for a cellphone, Entirely satisfied with that.

Kinda worried about the picture taking though, they are all about making the camera has a smaller and smaller wait time from taking picture to picture so they took out like the great auto focus feature with the new phones. This gets me kind of nervous only because I currently have a 9650 and my cousin has a Torch and although it has higher megapixels than my camera, we have done many tests and my pictures look MUCH better than his, especially for close up pictures. Bah just hope it takes pictures as good/better than my camera and its not bad without that good old autofocus like on my 9650. (I understand it still has somewhat of an auto focus, but like my 9650 REALLY has a long autofocus.. slower pictures, but the pictures look MUCH better than my cousins torch)
    Definitely. My 9550 is a 3.2MP but has a great focus that really makes the photos clear. I noticed it is better than other Android phones with 5-8MP. The new BB7 5MP camera is said to be the Playbook camera with all focus lenses and flash.

I'm hoping it will match the iPhone 4 camera which is one of the best I've seen. To be fair, the i4's camera may appear better than it is due to it displaying on such a high resolution screen. I think the real comparison would be when transferring the photos to the computer and comparing.

As for the video I posted a link of.....the HD video looks good. It would be great to me if the framerate was a little smoother. Hopefully it's just a software thing and they improve on that by release.
    JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
    06-22-11 01:07 AM
    Thanks for the fast response! I agree about the iphone 4 vs BB.

So do you feel the CDMA variant of the 9900 (9930) and 9850 will last a whole day comfortably with battery based on your experience?
    I do not know for sure. The majority of cellphone users in my country is on GSM, not CDMA. I have never used a CDMA Blackberry before.

But if the specs are the same, then you're good
    06-22-11 02:00 AM
    I am no photography expert, but here's an image taken with the 9900 with flash

sorry for Flickr's automatic resizing.

The maximum size of a picture that the 9900 could take is 2560x1920pixels
    JUSTQUAN2 and johnmarki like this.
    06-22-11 02:03 AM
    Thanks for the updates, pics, & videos cmknight! Cant wait to get mines... Quick question, How does the carbon fiber plastic battery door cover feel like? Does it have a good grip? I actually prefer the faux leather because it looks sleek, good grip, & has that v.i.p look to it haha. So i hope they will come out with one for accessories.
    It feels plasticky (is that a word? ).

I'm actually starting to dislike this battery cover because it leaves too much fingerprints. Definitely like the battery door of the 9000 more.

About accessories, the 9900 is built with NFC chip on its main. On the back of battery door, there's a strip of (i'm guessing) "receivers" for the NFC chip. So unless they will come out with the exact specs for the receiver strip, I think you would have to forfeit the NFC usability if you were to change the battery door with something from 3rd party manufacturer.

Check out this pictures for the receiver strip to see what I mean, it's the black rubberize strip running around the back of the batter door.

johnmarki likes this.
    06-22-11 02:09 AM
    Great information, thanks so much for your effort. I do have a question for everyone out there though. Do you think AT&T will be releasing the 9900 this fall with 4G?
    06-22-11 02:26 AM
    Great information, thanks so much for your effort. I do have a question for everyone out there though. Do you think AT&T will be releasing the 9900 this fall with 4G?
    I was not aware that the 9900 was 4G compatible. Plus 4G is not available in my country yet so cannot answer for sure. Others might be able to chime in tho.
    06-22-11 02:38 AM
    Ok guys, I'm thinking maybe we could use the Playbook and do live video calls for you to see the 9900 in action. How does that sound?
    06-22-11 02:39 AM
    Ok guys, I'm thinking maybe we could use the Playbook and do live video calls for you to see the 9900 in action. How does that sound?
    AWESOME, how close to completion do you think the phone is with the updated OS? Again many thanks for sharing this with us.
    06-22-11 03:01 AM
    I was not aware that the 9900 was 4G compatible. Plus 4G is not available in my country yet so cannot answer for sure. Others might be able to chime in tho.
    Well, that's why I was asking because I do not know if it is compatible and was wondering if anyone else knew. I guess we will just have to wait until one reaches a 4G capable area. Thanks for all of your information and hard work.

06-22-11 03:24 AM
    If the playbook can use tango and call me I'm down with that.
    06-22-11 05:49 AM
205 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD