I don't have a blackberry... bit I've been waiting for this one for months now.

Are you saying that the battery lasted 10 hours? Or it's still on after 10 hours? Is this good in comparison to the 9780 for example? does it still last on heavy usage?

Thanks for the info so far! And I'm looking forward to more info and videos.
    06-20-11 09:58 AM
    Somebody please buy these guys a drink! A couple of drinks! Stellar info, outfreakinstanding!
    06-20-11 10:04 AM
    I don't have a blackberry... bit I've been waiting for this one for months now.

Are you saying that the battery lasted 10 hours? Or it's still on after 10 hours? Is this good in comparison to the 9780 for example? does it still last on heavy usage?

Thanks for the info so far! And I'm looking forward to more info and videos.
    yes, at the time of my short review above, it has been on for 10 hours. And it's still on now as we speak. The time now is 11:14PM Mon June 20th in Vietnam. I have 3G on all the time with push emails + calls from a lot of people since yesterday after I post up on here and on BISVN
    06-20-11 11:15 AM
    How do I view the video??

The link provided takes me to another log in page (vietnamese site)? Do I need to register for that?

TIA
    06-20-11 11:35 AM
    How do I view the video??

The link provided takes me to another log in page (vietnamese site)? Do I need to register for that?

TIA
    Hello Tia,

Yeah sorry for any inconvenience caused. We had to take cautious measures because of unfair competition in Vietnam. You see, unlike in a modern society, where humans treat each others with respect and decency, in my country, we have dirty competitors. We don't mind competition but they have been trying all day today to hack our site as well as taking down our post on many Vietnamese tech-related forums.

So please take an extra and register, we promise there will plenty exclusive videos to come.

Regards,

Khanh Nguyen
    sg8330 likes this.
    06-20-11 11:39 AM
    Hello Tia,

Yeah sorry for any inconvenience caused. We had to take cautious measures because of unfair competition in Vietnam. You see, unlike in a modern society, where humans treat each others with respect and decency, in my country, we have dirty competitors. We don't mind competition but they have been trying all day today to hack our site as well as taking down our post on many Vietnamese tech-related forums.

So please take an extra and register, we promise there will plenty exclusive videos to come.

Regards,

Khanh Nguyen
    Will do - thanks Khanh!
    06-20-11 11:44 AM
    Ok guys, I'm back for another update.

Sorry we spent all days today solving issues relating to dirty competitors. We have other Vietnamese tech-related forums dying, begging us to let them in on our connect. But you know we cannot do that. So they have been pulling all sort of tricks to take down our posts on forums, providing false info to make people think that the devices are widely available for sale, thus hoping to take away our exclusitivity (is that even a word?)

So 1st off, let me declare that the device that we have our hands on is the only 1 available in Vietnam through our site: BisVN. If by any chance, you run across any other site showing/claiming that they have one, I can assure you that they are just using our pictures.

Ok, back to business:

I gave the phone more in-depth tests. The battery still has about 50% left. However, due to this device being a prototype, there is a lot of system files missing. The phone would randomly shut off or restart by itself. I believe this is due to an unofficial rom and everything would be gone by the time of its official commercial release.

The screen, man, did I mention I love the screen? Scrolling and navigating by using the screen is much more fluid and faster than using a mouse. For those who are still worried about the small size of a touch screen, I think you will get used to it fairly quickly. It adds a whole new experience of navigating around the phone and browsing the web. It's not anything new, RIM is not reinventing the wheels, but it's still a nice addition.

The keyboard: the keyboard has a different feel compared to the keyboard of the 9000. It is definitely better than the keyboard of the 9700 or 9800. Compared to the 9000, the keyboard on the 9900 has a faster responding time. I prefer the feel of the 9900's keyboard, but your experience might be difference, so I will unbiased and leave it at that for the keyboard.

Software: Cool thing about OS 7.0 is that they have included the "Device Switch" function. So now when you switch to another OS 7.0 device, you wouldn't need your computer to back up. Backing up can be done right on your microSD card, and you just swap the card to the new device and off you go. RIM has not mentioned anything about implementing this functionality to OS 6.0 or OS 5.0

BBM still shows glitches here and there. I get the spinning clock once in a while when other BisVN members starts uploading a bunch of pictures.

Someone asks on the previous page about loading time, let me tell you, this thing boots up fast. As you can probably see on our 1st video, it took probably 3 seconds after we plugged the battery in for the phone to boot. From there, it went for about 1 minute to it to go into the main screen. Our device has a weird glitch that by the 1/3 of the Blackberry booting bar, it would jump immediately to 2/3 of the bar and finishes loading right away. But then again this could due to it being an evaluation unit. I have a video showing this, I just have to edit it and will post it later.

that's it so far, here's some pix for you guys

the headphone jack is designed very weird IMO, this takes away the atheistic of the back of the device

here's my cousin shouting me & Crackberry out

and this is our phones lining up, Bold 9900 on top of the Asus TF
    Last edited by cmknight; 06-20-11 at 12:50 PM.
    06-20-11 12:15 PM
    Thanks again. I agree with the headphone jack. But something I could get used to very quickly. At least it's got one eh If that's how they have to make it fit, doesn't bother me too much.
    06-20-11 01:14 PM
    Good work, keep it coming

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-11 01:29 PM
    thanks mate, looks great. that os 7 switch sounds great. looks like u can probabkh back up the phone on the sd?
    06-20-11 02:54 PM
    Looks sweeter every time I see it!
    JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
    06-20-11 04:14 PM
    I would love to give this device a try. Can't wait! The Bold 9000 was the best form factor ever for a device.
    06-20-11 04:15 PM
    I cant wait to get my 9900, i want this thing soo ******* bad!!!!
    06-20-11 04:24 PM
    Awesome and thanks a lot,
    God bless you

I do have a question :

Is there mobile hotspot ?

06-20-11 07:12 PM
    Awesome and thanks a lot,
    God bless you

I do have a question :

Is there mobile hotspot ?

Hello xterra,

Unfortunately, hotspot is not included in this OS version. Hopefully RIM will include it in future OS upgrade.

Regards,

Khanh.
    06-20-11 08:22 PM
    What happened to the website?
    06-20-11 08:35 PM
    I'm like leonardo dicaprio in 'inception'. I can finally return home. Years and years of dreaming about it I can finally return. Lol
    johnmarki and xmen81 like this.
    06-20-11 09:03 PM
    thanks mate, looks great. that os 7 switch sounds great. looks like u can probabkh back up the phone on the sd?
    yes, with Device Switch you can back up all your data on to the microSD card so that later when you change your phone, all you have to do is to swap out the card and put it in the new phone and restore your data. This is convenient because there is no need for using the computer, which is nice
    06-20-11 09:41 PM
    Hey CM. Any more videos coming soon. Really would like to see this baby in action

06-21-11 02:16 AM
    "If you possess these lower life forms, or want to born 9780 or 9800.."

+100
    06-21-11 04:32 AM

+100
    that was bad translation by Google. What I said in Vietnamese was: If you currently own the previous models, or are currently looking for upgrading to the 9780 or 9800, then I'd suggest you wait til 9900 comes out.
    06-21-11 04:38 AM
    Hey CM. Any more videos coming soon. Really would like to see this baby in action

hey jacmeister,

I'm doing a couple more vids in English especially for Crackberry. Hopefully we could upload it tonight.
    jacmeister68 likes this.
    06-21-11 04:40 AM

+100
    LOL!!!! sometimes those translation programs just miss something!!!

that was good for an early morning belly laugh!!!
    06-21-11 04:59 AM
    Hey OP, I know it is a lot to ask of you bro, but if you can(have the time) detail os 7 for us, the perks and the jerks. I know those missing files makes it frustrating tho. With jail breaking the iPhone I made it custom. My android devices, heck that is there selling point. So yea, let us drooling fiends know the good goods .
    06-21-11 08:34 AM
    Man I can't wait to get one of these, one of RIM's best phones by far.
    06-21-11 08:42 AM
205 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD