Hi
    Recently I posted about my phone not charging or turning on i went to carphone wharehouse today and they said i had jut drained my battery too far.

NOW though it wouldnt load up so i done the usual thing of plugging it in. I clicked on repair and it said there was no blackberry device software installed so i downloaded the latest software and tried loading it to the device several times now and when it gets to the part after loading os when its waiting for the device to initialise the Error screen comes up.

I really dont know what to do, i have totally given up on blackberry now and am really starting to regret sticking with them over apple.

Could someone PLEASE explain SIMPLY what to do? I need help Im so annoyed with this thing now.

Im doing this from a macbook.
    06-07-12 04:35 PM
    JVM Error 507 means that the phone has lost its operating system (OS). This is easy to fix but, the question is why did this happen?

One thing is FOR SURE, it was NOT caused by a flat battery. I have had BlackBerrys that have lived in my office drawer with either no battery or no battery at all. These phones boot normally once a battery is charged.

My recommendation is that you take the phone back to Carphone Warehouse and ask them to fix the problem under warranty.

We can show you how to reload the OS as this is not at all complicated but since this phone is under warranty, it is best that CPW get it back un-fiddled with. It is also easier to reload the latest and sometimes unreleased to the public OS on a Windows PC. In fact it cannot be done on a Mac.

I have had lots of dealings with CPW singe 1988 and have found that if you are nice to them and keep up gentle pressure, they will do what you want.

Good luck.

BlackBerrys are highly reliable and this sort of thing happens rarely.
    06-07-12 04:57 PM
    It just seems like error after error and if i give them the phone there is no way of me backing it up I need my contacts more than anything and get new ones on a daily basis. Is there any way for me to back them up before giving my life away to CPW?
    06-07-12 05:00 PM
    Pete infact could you just tell me how to reload the OS on a mac i cant be bothered waiting for them to take my phone as they told me earlier it can take upto four weeks
    06-07-12 05:02 PM
    I am concerned that there is a hardware problem with your phone and that re-loading the OS will not fix the problem.

If the OS has been lost then all you data is unhappily gone too. Sorry.

I have never used a Mac except to fix them for people. Here is a video that should help you http://crackberry.com/installing-bla...esktop-manager

Please come back here if you need more help. There are many, many people here who will offer help - sometimes even if you do not wish it... We are a pretty friendly bunch in here.
    06-07-12 05:08 PM
    yeah thanks you guys have helped me many times previous. ill let you know how it goes
    06-07-12 05:15 PM
    not too well lol the videos been removed
    06-07-12 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD