Ok so this will be my new phone come September. There has been a lot of information about the new phone and OS7. My question is what about the fun factor? Will it come with a movie on it like most companies flagship phones on tmobile. Will it have a good built in game like a sim 3 or need for speed. Will it have a real youtube app on it. I love the phone blackberries are the best business phones. But will I be entertained with this phone. Does anyone have any info?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-11 08:10 PM
    Doubt it. Can always put your own movies on it. Need for Speed. Nope. Good old Brick Breaker is sure to be loaded on it though lol

07-31-11 08:17 PM
    BlackBerries aren't generally known as an entertainment device. They are practical. That being said, with the beefed up processors and dedicated GPU the new OS7 devices have the hardware potential to offer a lot. The problem is and has always been finding developers who want to make BB apps.
    BBxpress likes this.
    07-31-11 08:22 PM
    BlackBerries aren't generally known as an entertainment device. They are practical. That being said, with the beefed up processors and dedicated GPU the new OS7 devices have the hardware potential to offer a lot. The problem is and has always been finding developers who want to make BB apps.
    Yeah that's my reason for asking. With the 1.2 ghz processor there is no reason now to make the phones so bland and plain.

07-31-11 08:33 PM
    I definitely agree with you on this 100%. I personally don't care much for the entertainment, but as far is this beefed up processor. I am sure you can add your own "entertainment" stuff. I wish they made more applications though. That would be a big improvement.
    07-31-11 08:34 PM
    you must be looking for android central
    07-31-11 08:45 PM
    i remember the storm coming out with a pre-loaded movie ... i 4got what it was avalon or something
    07-31-11 08:47 PM
    All I'm saying is tjhat in this day and age you have to stack your device. If I'm paying 200-400 for a device I want the best of eeverything. I'm going to love the phone either way... I was just thinking they could spice it up a bit.

07-31-11 08:55 PM
    Hopefully they will put sonic on it like they did for the torch.
    07-31-11 08:59 PM
    nope thats what the upcoming iphone 5 is for.the multimedia powerhouse with all apps to satisfy your taste.ha im exaggerating.
    07-31-11 09:05 PM
    Sounds like the full touchscreen Torch 9860 is more your taste.
    07-31-11 09:56 PM
    I buy an android to play games all day... I bought an iPad and got rid of the android. I want a blackberry to text, send pics of my kids to Facebook, and make phone calls. That's all that I want to do... If I wanted more I would get another android.
    07-31-11 10:08 PM
    you must be looking for android central
    This kind of attitude is exactly why RIM is in the rough shape that it's in. Trying to dictate what the consumer wants isn't the business model that is going to generate business. The entire industry knows that people are looking for an all-in-one device, including an entertainment factor. Apple's iPhone started out as a strictly entertainment device but realized that in order to grasp a larger hold of the market, started to implement exchange support and other business oriented features. Why can't the BB device do the same? Offer what the business community NEEDS and what the consumer industry WANTS?

/rant

BBxpress likes this.
    07-31-11 10:10 PM
    This kind of attitude is exactly why RIM is in the rough shape that it's in. Trying to dictate what the consumer wants isn't the business model that is going to generate business. The entire industry knows that people are looking for an all-in-one device, including an entertainment factor. Apple's iPhone started out as a strictly entertainment device but realized that in order to grasp a larger hold of the market, started to implement exchange support and other business oriented features. Why can't the BB device do the same? Offer what the business community NEEDS and what the consumer industry WANTS?

/rant

I agree with you. I know what blackberry brings to the table. But don't short change me! Give me a little to keep me entertained. Anything more than what they currently offer will be welcomed. I had an android before and they just aren't for me. BB 4 life!

07-31-11 11:02 PM
    The one and only thing that concerns me about the 9930 is the screen size and i hope that it doesn't detract from the experience. I have a phone with a 3.7 in. display and am going to be moving to a 2.8 in. I'm hopeful that it is still capable on providing some entertainment, I suppose the keyboard has its drawbacks but who can complain about (arguably) the best keyboard to date. Hopefully it will all work out though
    07-31-11 11:15 PM
    The one and only thing that concerns me about the 9930 is the screen size and i hope that it doesn't detract from the experience. I have a phone with a 3.7 in. display and am going to be moving to a 2.8 in. I'm hopeful that it is still capable on providing some entertainment, I suppose the keyboard has its drawbacks but who can complain about (arguably) the best keyboard to date. Hopefully it will all work out though
    If you compare to an all touch screen it's probably about the same as when the keyboard's up.. Except in the BB's case, it's always up and always awesome
    07-31-11 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD