Have had my 9900 for 4 weeks now - I returned the first handset due to problems but finding the same ones with this one

any advice on any of the following:

1. battery life of around 20 hours (I really don't use it enough to warrant that!!)

2. when speaking on the phone it completely overheats - need to use earphones as too hot to put against face

3. phone will not pair up with car bluetooth (have used 5 phones in the past with the car with no problems at all)

4. some emails never sync so I don't receive them

5. some facebook messages done sync either so only get them when I log into facebook on my computer

6. inviting a contact to a calendar event sends them a blank email with no details

7. calendar invites from other blackberries are not received

Have tried Battery pull also tried to un-install facebook and then re-install but nothing changed. I only have 6 apps that I downloaded so not exactly overloading the phone!

I was so looking forward to getting this phone and now wish I could go back to my old 9700 which had no problems!!
    10-04-11 11:57 AM
    Have had my 9900 for 4 weeks now - I returned the first handset due to problems but finding the same ones with this one

any advice on any of the following:

1. battery life of around 20 hours (I really don't use it enough to warrant that!!)

2. when speaking on the phone it completely overheats - need to use earphones as too hot to put against face

3. phone will not pair up with car bluetooth (have used 5 phones in the past with the car with no problems at all)

4. some emails never sync so I don't receive them

5. some facebook messages done sync either so only get them when I log into facebook on my computer

6. inviting a contact to a calendar event sends them a blank email with no details

7. calendar invites from other blackberries are not received

Have tried Battery pull also tried to un-install facebook and then re-install but nothing changed. I only have 6 apps that I downloaded so not exactly overloading the phone!

I was so looking forward to getting this phone and now wish I could go back to my old 9700 which had no problems!!
    Based on #2 I'd say you have another bad device. I have no problems what so ever with my 9930...I'm sorry you are but if you get this rectified you'll throw that 9700 out on the highway and never look back.
    10-04-11 12:58 PM
    Hmmm 20 hours is pretty good if going on One charge. Most people can't last 8.
    10-04-11 09:17 PM
    I was going to say the same... 20 hours sounds terrific but constant overheating has to be a major red flag. Are you on a BES system? Many of the comments sound like BES. If so, I'd talk to your network admin.
    10-04-11 09:58 PM
    #5 : Same for me
    10-04-11 10:42 PM
    #5 : Same for me
    Did you check your settings in both the Facebook app and on the Facebook page with your computer?
    10-05-11 06:55 AM
    Mine was lasting around 6 hours. Took it back. Waiting on a replace. The place I bought it from doesn't give replacements on the spot. They have to "prove there is an issue with the phone" before they can give me a new one. I'm hoping the new one is better. It's hard going from a 9700 to a 9900 where my battery life was amazing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 07:29 AM
    Thanks everyone

I spoke to the network provider - they say its software issue

Yes - I checked facebook settings - all is set correctly but it seems quite temperamental.

It's crazy that 20 hours is 'good'!!!! I used to have phones that last 3 days...

oh well.... 9700 not blackberry's finest moment
    10-06-11 01:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD