I have had the 9900 for a few days now and I came home from university last night, and when I put my phone in the holster on my bedside table I woke up this morning to find the phone completely dead of battery. I charged it to the late 90%s last night, and I have only been asleep for around 9 hours.

Is there anything that could have caused this? The battery is charging up again now, but I want to fix this if possible because the battery will take a long time to charge and I don't always have this kind of time in the morning to charge my phone before I leave the house.
    10-22-11 04:41 AM
    do you have good or bad reception with your device?

The average battery drain on the newer devices is not really good. 5-6% with 3G for nothing (I get emails/IM/SMS but not checking them, not to much incoming messages and medium reception with 3/5) is probably normal? (at least on my 9900 with .296; no wifi, BT or GPS)

So if you have slept 9 hours and have an average battery drain of 5% you would have lose about 45-50%.

This happens to me a few weeks ago but as I only uses 2G+Wifi my drain is only 2-3%.

One of my worse battery killer is when I do not close app world. Last week it nearly killed 20-30% and took a full CPU hour till I felt the heat coming from the battery.

10% drain is easy possible if you have apps in the back round. my "record" was 20% from using wikitude in one hour.

the best would be if you check application management (don't know how this is called in English). There you could check CPU time used by an app today/yesterday and a lot more.

And of course pull battery and load your BB up to 100% and check if it happens again.

If not everything is probably fine.
    Last edited by boldkeyboardholic; 10-22-11 at 06:10 AM.
    10-22-11 05:54 AM
    if your battery is completly running out in the night.
    then it would possible you have a faulty battery.
    or you might give it an shot, wipe the OS and reload current or try another OS's.
    It's been fine during the day though. I just don't understand how it can go from 95% to completely flat in just over 9 hours.
    10-22-11 05:57 AM
    Just happened to me last night also but I suspect certain games running in the background

- Charles
    10-22-11 09:19 PM
    thats very unusual i dont have an answer
    10-22-11 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD