Not sure what all the fuss is about, but here's what I can add to the conversation:

I had heard about the August 15th T-MO release date a while ago- my understanding was that this date was internally shared and not something readily available to your typical call centre staff.

I had an opportunity to briefly speak with the CEO of one of Canada's mobile carriers. He was suprised that I was aware of him having a 9900 to play with from BB. I asked him to see it and he let me play with it; - should be more specific- let me handle it. I had it in my hands for about 20 seconds, mostly in awe of how solid it felt and how much it reminded me of the 9000, and I was paying close attention to the bottom of the device which had yellow looking writing on it (can't remember exactly but it said "not for resale" and/or "prototype" on it.). He was mainly impressed with how it looked, felt and how thin it was but didn't comment too much on anything else. I briefly asked if we would be getting it at the "...same time as T-Mo, in August...?" He looked at me, said... "Yup...we're getting it at the same time! Shhhhh!!!!" Took the 9900 back, placed it in the holster and locked it up.

Wasn't able to confrim or ask anything further.. 1 on 1 time with big CEOs isn't that easy.

Take what you'd like from that exchange but I figured I'd share that under the perceived anonymity of the internet. I'm expecting to see the 9900 in Canada within the next month.
    Last edited by Mr.Conviviality; 07-18-11 at 03:29 PM.
    07-18-11 03:26 PM
    Not sure what all the fuss is about, but here's what I can add to the conversation:

I had heard about the August 15th T-MO release date a while ago- my understanding was that this date was internally shared and not something readily available to your typical call centre staff.

I had an opportunity to briefly speak with the CEO of one of Canada's mobile carriers. He was suprised that I was aware of him having a 9900 to play with from BB. I asked him to see it and he let me play with it; - should be more specific- let me handle it. I had it in my hands for about 20 seconds, mostly in awe of how solid it felt and how much it reminded me of the 9000, and I was paying close attention to the bottom of the device which had yellow looking writing on it (can't remember exactly but it said "not for resale" and/or "prototype" on it.). He was mainly impressed with how it looked, felt and how thin it was but didn't comment too much on anything else. I briefly asked if we would be getting it at the "...same time as T-Mo, in August...?" He looked at me, said... "Yup...we're getting it at the same time! Shhhhh!!!!" Took the 9900 back, placed it in the holster and locked it up.

Wasn't able to confrim or ask anything further.. 1 on 1 time with big CEOs isn't that easy.

Take what you'd like from that exchange but I figured I'd share that under the perceived anonymity of the internet. I'm expecting to see the 9900 in Canada within the next month.
    It's quite astounding how many people here claim to have an 'in'. I can't disprove what you're saying- but you'll forgive me if I must take it with a pallet of salt.
    07-18-11 03:44 PM
    It's quite astounding how many people here claim to have an 'in'. I can't disprove what you're saying- but you'll forgive me if I must take it with a pallet of salt.
    I don't blame you... the internet has a way of doing that to us all...

however, I'm not selling anything or asking for anything either.

Just sharing my experience.

But we'll talk in a month or so as we'll both be winners:

I will have realized I was given a bold faced lie

You will reinforce your belief in the credibility of information on the net

Or,

I'll have a retail 9900

you'll wonder "how'd he know that?"

Again, we'll chat in a few weeks
    Guatiao likes this.
    07-18-11 03:57 PM
    BlackBerry Bold 9900 | Phones 4u

Being promoted in UK already
    blackberry_juice likes this.
    07-18-11 04:47 PM
    Is there a way to buy it no contract on that website
    07-18-11 07:24 PM
    Is there a way to buy it no contract on that website
    Sure you can buy it no contract just pay full retail for it. I did that one time for a motorora V750 I payed 450.00 for that phone back before I started buying BlackBerry's.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-11 07:39 PM
    ok....what's **really old** is the smarta$$ comments above in every thread like this. Pi$$es me off wayyy more than an OP who may or may not be genuinely trying to add to the discussion.

That said, being glued to this board like the rest of you, I feel confident we (T-Mo peeps) will see this phone in a month's time.
    What's really old is people who still buy into what uniformed reps say and then come running here with a major hard on convinced that it's true.
    07-18-11 09:05 PM
    I shall remain hopeful in this thread
    07-19-11 01:31 AM
    OP, not to rain on your parade, but it's a known fact that CS Rep are usually the last ones to know anything about upcoming devices.......may it's true in your situation, but not likely. Time will tell.
    07-19-11 07:34 AM
    what is an OP?
    07-19-11 11:25 AM
    what is an OP?
    OP = original poster who started the thread
    avaio likes this.
    07-19-11 11:30 AM
    OP, not to rain on your parade, but it's a known fact that CS Rep are usually the last ones to know anything about upcoming devices.......may it's true in your situation, but not likely. Time will tell.
    Very true. They're kept in the dark by design.
    07-19-11 12:32 PM
    4G ????? UK
    07-19-11 04:15 PM
    It will be here before we know it.

Then the forums will flow with bugs galore....probably. And it don't do that, don't do this...hope I am wrong, but seems common.

I had that issue with the S1.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-11 09:23 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD