I put my Bold in the charger over night, i wake up and i find it still charging then i check the status i find it stuck on 95% and its not getting full battery. I need help because the battery drains too too fast! i unplug it after i wake up and it stays for 10 hrs max. Thanks a lot

@sherifmoharram
    11-27-11 06:02 AM
    I put my Bold in the charger over night, i wake up and i find it still charging then i check the status i find it stuck on 95% and its not getting full battery. I need help because the battery drains too too fast! i unplug it after i wake up and it stays for 10 hrs max. Thanks a lot

@sherifmoharram
    • What kind of charger are you using? The one it came with? An older one?
    • What OS are you on? Stock?
    • What apps do you have installed?
    • Do you have anything like Twitter or Facebook updating automatically?
    • Do you have WiFi on/connected to a network?
    • Is Bluetooth running?
    • How long have you had the phone? Is 10 hours an improvement or did you at one point get better life out of the battery?

All of those things are important and can totally effect the battery life on your 9900.
    11-27-11 06:18 AM
    • What kind of charger are you using? The one it came with? An older one?
    • What OS are you on? Stock?
    • What apps do you have installed?
    • Do you have anything like Twitter or Facebook updating automatically?
    • Do you have WiFi on/connected to a network?
    • Is Bluetooth running?
    • How long have you had the phone? Is 10 hours an improvement or did you at one point get better life out of the battery?

All of those things are important and can totally effect the battery life on your 9900.

This is very true. If I leave the radio on and don't lock the phone sometimes it won't charge all the way. If I lock the phone and use wifi it will charge no problem or just turning off all radios works well too. Using an older charger works better too for getting a full charge.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk 1.4.5.1
    11-27-11 12:48 PM
    Same here use my 9700s charger and no problems. Sometimes I use RIM's car charger also
    11-27-11 02:24 PM
    mine has been doing this ever since i bought the phone
    since i paid full price for it and nothing seems to be helping the issue
    im just gonna ask for a different one since it is still under warranty
    sometimes it even just charges up to 72 and sits there
    11-28-11 03:25 PM
    mine has been doing this ever since i bought the phone
    since i paid full price for it and nothing seems to be helping the issue
    im just gonna ask for a different one since it is still under warranty
    sometimes it even just charges up to 72 and sits there
    Try a different charger. Not the one that came with it.
    11-28-11 03:38 PM
    I have quite similar problem except that prior to upgrade to the latest OS, I was able to charge perfectly fine with BB charger and other types. After upgrading I'm unable to charge regardless to whatever brand of charger and it is showing error message that the source doesn't have enough power or something along those lines. I have to restart the device to fix it. However, hours later the charging problem arises again.

This problem is still there after twice upgrade to 2 different OS versions on Torch 9810 also one time upgrade on Bold 9900 from .261 to .540.

Any solutions, guys?
    11-28-11 09:57 PM
    I have quite similar problem except that prior to upgrade to the latest OS, I was able to charge perfectly fine with BB charger and other types. After upgrading I'm unable to charge regardless to whatever brand of charger and it is showing error message that the source doesn't have enough power or something along those lines. I have to restart the device to fix it. However, hours later the charging problem arises again.

This problem is still there after twice upgrade to 2 different OS versions on Torch 9810 also one time upgrade on Bold 9900 from .261 to .540.

Any solutions, guys?
    I have this problem twice and what I did was to touch the miniUSB head from side to side and it fixed the problem. But now I have the dock and I dont have to worry about that anymore.
    11-28-11 10:06 PM
    Try a different charger. Not the one that came with it.
    I'm not even sure where my original charger that came with it is, I'm actually using an 8900 charger haha, maybe its time to upgrade charger and see if that works? Thanks for the tip !
    11-28-11 11:00 PM
    I hate bringing up old threads but isn't that better than start a new thread asking the same question?

I have never had this issue before with my Bold 9900 until this morning. The battery charge is stuck at 95% and it has been plugged in for at least two hours. I use two chargers, one at work (compatible with the 9900) and one at home which is the original. The phone is about 8 months old, could it be the battery lifespan is wearing out?

I am on the 7.1 os, but as I mentioned, never had this issue until now. Does anyone have any solutions to this problem? Thanks.
    04-10-12 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD