Hey friends,
    I have got some questions considering the Bold 9900 charging pot.

I'd love to have one of those besides my bed to replace my alarm clock and one on my desk to sync my bb with my pc.

Did anyone of you buy that thing?

If yes, how do you like it??

Is it true that you can use it - besides charging the battery - as a sync. pot with data connection?

And my last question:

Is it true that it can make any problems with 9900?
    Heard some stories that it leads to software crashes using a charging pot.
    Or it can delete your memory card etc.?
    Is there any danger like that?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Slash
    11-30-11 05:09 PM
    Presumably, you mean charging "pod" not "pot".

I have the OEM charging pod for my 9930. I like it. It's a little difficult occasionally to make sure the phone is actually in contact with the charging contacts because they are smaller than previous phones.

You can't use the OEM charging pod to sync data because it doesn't use the USB port.

I haven't had (or heard of) any issues such as "crashing software" or "deleting memory cards" by using a charging pod.
    11-30-11 05:21 PM
    I'm using them ( one in my bedroom, second in living room, third in my home office and forth in my work office0 i know too much and all is working fine and yes sometimes needs to be forced harder in place to make connections, other then that all is fine.

Now i ordered pods from Seidio which is different then RIM makes, it can be used with Seidio's case, already got one and love it. Today i ordered another 3 so original RIM's pods will be selling.
    11-30-11 05:48 PM
    I have one too, its great, with bedside mode it brings a whole new perspective to the phone. I've never had or heard of any problems with them, they have had a bit of criticism for the fiddly nature of lining the phone up in it, you need to get it spot on for it register the device. Its no hassle though, you'll soon get used to it.
    I think I've seen a data transfer pod for the 9900 where the phone lies on it side so the USB can connect into the pod. I'm not 100% on that though...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-30-11 05:51 PM
    It's great, 9900 works as clock at night ;D

Love to watch the Flip Clock!
    11-30-11 08:34 PM
    I use the pod on my desk but use the usb beside my bed. Sometimes I wake up just wanna click a few buttons and put it down. With the pod I'd have to search for the pod middle of the night... lol
    11-30-11 08:50 PM
    It's great, but as mentioned it takes a bit of effort to make sure it's in it's pod. Sometimes I'll wake up and notice I nudged it in the night, or that I didn't set it in right and my phone didn't charge.

Aside from that, it's worth the money. Makes a great bedside clock, and saves the USB ports live. Plugging and unplugging the USB port over time will eventually kill it.
    11-30-11 08:56 PM
    Hey friends!

Thank you for all your helpful replys!!!
    Great!

Sure, I meant "pod" not "pot" - think that's something different!
    Sorry, I'm not a native English speaker.

Just ordered 2 of them.
    Can't wait to get them!

I was a bit confused, because some in some offers there was the description: "Sync. function at the PC."
    But I only want the "original" one.

Btw.: Sorry, Kevin & crew can't order it via shop-crackberry, because the cost for shipment overseas are ridic.

Thanks again to all of you for helping me!
    12-01-11 01:10 AM
    The charging pod is the one MUST HAVE accessory I have always had for every Blackberry. It only charges the battery but is removes the hassle of using the plug and stop all the wear on the connector on your phone.

They are cheap and you need to get one.
    12-01-11 06:48 AM
    I have a big difficulty in "balancing" my 9900 on the Charging Pod. So much so, that I think there must be some problem with it. I think it could have been designed better. After I put the phone in, a) it is not stable, with a slight tap, it falls down and b)I am not sure if the connection is proper.

I also have a related problem, while I am trying to get the phone on the pod several times during a charging session, the batter keeps getting charged intermittantly. Will it not affect the battery life?
    01-24-12 05:49 AM
    I was tempted to buying the original one, but after reading about it being too shallow and some people having trouble to set their BBs properly on them to charge, I decided to buy the non-OEM one from eBay. I got it a few days ago and I must say I'm happy with it. My phone goes into bedside mode instantly and there is no need to fiddle with it. And the upside, I only paid $7 for it, including shipping. You can find which one I am talking about on the threads below.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...g-dock-686543/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...g-dock-683760/

Good luck!!
    SDG786 likes this.
    01-24-12 08:42 AM
    I have a big difficulty in "balancing" my 9900 on the Charging Pod. So much so, that I think there must be some problem with it. I think it could have been designed better. After I put the phone in, a) it is not stable, with a slight tap, it falls down and b)I am not sure if the connection is proper.

I also have a related problem, while I am trying to get the phone on the pod several times during a charging session, the batter keeps getting charged intermittantly. Will it not affect the battery life?

Get this one. It was only $7 and it works much better than the OEM one. It doesn't fall over and is easy to position the phone in the pod. It is a much better design in my opinion.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    SDG786 likes this.
    01-24-12 08:52 AM
    Hey DannyAves, that's exactly the one that I got and I'm really happy with it.
    01-24-12 09:06 AM
    I am interested in the Sedeio stand as I always have a case on my phone and the matching case and stand would be good.

Might try one and see how I feel about it.

Intravenously expelled from my BlackBerry 9900 using mindcontrol.
    01-24-12 01:07 PM
    no issues here, i got it the OEM free with my 9900 and its pretty amazing
    01-24-12 03:29 PM
    I bought one of these yesterday and I gotta say I think its crap. I used the charging pod when I had my 9000 and it was perfect. I didnt have to find the contact points. I could put it in while doing a full sprint and it would fit perfectly.

Last night, I would wake up and grab my 9900 to check an email and trying to get it to sit properly in the dark, with my arm at an angle was a total PITA. This is a perfect example of design over function.
    01-26-12 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD