Hey guys,

I recently just bought a 9900 for Bell and the Blackberry Charge Pod kit. For some reason it just wont charge when it is on the cradle, the USB charger works perfectly but the pod won't budge. Any ideas or do I have a defective one?
    08-19-11 07:23 AM
    Is it a real Blackberry unit or a 3rd party pod.

Does the green light come on on the top of the pod when you plug it into the charger?

Even if your 9900 is fully charged you should see the "plug" symbol on the battery indicator on your home screen.

Can you feel the two contacts on the pod, are they both sticking up? It is also possible that you 9900 is the problem and the wires may not be connected to these charge contacts.
    08-19-11 07:34 AM
    I got an official charge pod the other day, its definitely a little tricky, you have to make sure the bb isn't slanted at all and is perfectly level to get your charge going.
    08-19-11 07:37 AM
    Is it a real Blackberry unit or a 3rd party pod.

Does the green light come on on the top of the pod when you plug it into the charger?

Even if your 9900 is fully charged you should see the "plug" symbol on the battery indicator on your home screen.

Can you feel the two contacts on the pod, are they both sticking up? It is also possible that you 9900 is the problem and the wires may not be connected to these charge contacts.
    I have the official one from Blackberry. When it's plugged in the green light lights up, both the contacts are sticking up no problem. I fiddled with it for hours and I can't even get it to charge for a second
    08-19-11 09:07 AM
    I have the official one from Blackberry. When it's plugged in the green light lights up, both the contacts are sticking up no problem. I fiddled with it for hours and I can't even get it to charge for a second
    I'm having the same issue. I have tried 3 different ones. The only way I get see the "charge light indicator" on the blackberry, is if I force it back on the pod. But of course the indicator won't stay on without force.. ugh.
    08-19-11 02:00 PM
    I'm having the same issue. I have tried 3 different ones. The only way I get see the "charge light indicator" on the blackberry, is if I force it back on the pod. But of course the indicator won't stay on without force.. ugh.
    Sounds like these pods are defective?
    08-19-11 02:18 PM
    I think I will hold off on buying one for now. Glad I read this thread.
    leems likes this.
    08-19-11 03:28 PM
    Sounds like these pods are defective?
    I think you are exactly right... I have had pods for other blackberrys in the past, and no problems whatsoever. You put it in, and it charges, simple.

This one, as I mentioned, you have to literally bend the thing back to get it to charge...

back this one goes as well.
    08-19-11 03:46 PM
    Sounds defective. I got one from Verizon's online store and it works fine.
    08-19-11 03:49 PM
    yea sounds like yours is faulty, i just got one from verizon and it charges no problem. just drop and go.
    08-19-11 04:41 PM
    yea sounds like yours is faulty, i just got one from verizon and it charges no problem. just drop and go.
    But 3 faulty?

In my case, I bought 2 direct from blackberry, and 1 from bestbuy.. all 3 the same thing, does not drop it and charge whatsoever.
    08-19-11 05:03 PM
    I kinda have issues with mine but not to the extent you're having. They're not as easy to just "drop in" like the older ones but once they're in they're in.
    08-19-11 05:05 PM
    But 3 faulty?

In my case, I bought 2 direct from blackberry, and 1 from bestbuy.. all 3 the same thing, does not drop it and charge whatsoever.
    Mine is from BestBuy as well, I only bought one though. I wonder if there's a trick to getting the phone in the cradle? The instructions just say to push it down.
    08-20-11 12:57 PM
    I have two that I bought from Verizon. Both work as expected. Maybe it's your phone that has a problem with the charging contacts?
    08-20-11 01:34 PM
    I think I will hold off on buying one for now. Glad I read this thread.
    as everyone elses is working, why would you hold off. It is a great accessory and stop wear on your USB port on your device.
    08-20-11 01:43 PM
    as everyone elses is working, why would you hold off. It is a great accessory and stop wear on your USB port on your device.
    While charging docks are really nice to have, you no longer need to worry about wearing out the USB port since all BB's now use micro-USB. At 10,000 connect-disconnect cycles the likely-hood you will need a new port before your contract is up is small. As an example, if you do 10 connect-disconnect cycles every day for two years that would only be 7300 cycles, still well within the design limits of the port.

USB - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    08-20-11 02:56 PM
    It seems hit and miss right now depending where you buy it from. People that bought from the Verizon store are fine but other retailers seem to have ones that just don't fit.

As far as my phone goes, the contacts aren't a problem, the phone seems to be 'too thick' for the cradle and it doesn't sit as nicely.
    08-20-11 03:43 PM
    I'm with Eric220 on this one.. I bought 2 of mine direct from blackberrys online store. Both don't work. And 1 from bestbuy that just went back.
    Its definately NOT the phone. It doesn't sit in the cradle properly, and when you PRESS it down the charge icon comes on.
    08-20-11 03:58 PM
    just wanted to ask, since you guys have the charging pod. Does it just charge the phone or can it sync too?
    08-21-11 07:02 AM
    who would buy a doc to keep from wearing out the usb port?

the pod for this phone sucks...thats the problem. the old bolds had pods that the phone sat snuggly in. this pod does not. it really is hit or miss.

While charging docks are really nice to have, you no longer need to worry about wearing out the USB port since all BB's now use micro-USB. At 10,000 connect-disconnect cycles the likely-hood you will need a new port before your contract is up is small. As an example, if you do 10 connect-disconnect cycles every day for two years that would only be 7300 cycles, still well within the design limits of the port.

USB - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jaredius likes this.
    08-21-11 07:49 AM
    TPurchased my 9930 yesterday at Verizon store, 199.00n got the charging pod for 22.49. I wa afraid of issues with both from all the post! But Boom both work great! I'm in love as I type now!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 11:12 AM
    I'm still kind of new to Crackberry's forums, is there any way we could forward this to RIM?
    08-22-11 09:01 AM
    UPDATE: I exchanged my 9900 and bought my (third) 9900 dock. This one sits in the cradle and charged no problem, I even tried the new 9900 in my old 'non-working' dock and it charged too. I guess my old 9900 was faulty or had bad charge contacts.
    08-31-11 07:19 AM
    now this is a weird situation: I had problems with the battery charging fully via USB or dock but after a few deplete/charge cycles via USB only (yes I know, you shouldn't deplete fully) it solved the issue and I was charging fully. Yesterday, I put the phone on the dock for the first time since fixing the problem and last night it didn't charge fully again (via USB, not dock). I wonder if the dock may cause such malfunction...
    08-31-11 08:17 AM
    Its very sensitive because its so shallow. The bold 9000 one was so deep you just threw it in. Hard to find sweet spot on this one. You have to make sure the phone is very straight. and pressed in a little. I don't like that it falls over so easily.
    08-31-11 09:37 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD