--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really need help.....i have been trying all i can to update my bold 9900 to the new os .353 and havent been able

i deleted vendor.xml from app loader folder and wants showing up on dm or app loader or bbsak........i searched on my computer vendor and found one, deleted that one to and nothing.

I even unchecked the box on the dm that finds updates automatically and still nothing.....this is the first time this happens to me, i have had bb for 6 years and always have done all the updates same way deliting vendor.xml and update now just dont know what happened...i have a windows 7 computer.

Please anyone help cuz am not to happy with this os i have

thanks
    09-08-11 04:49 PM
    did you try using apploader? Usually that works for me. Make sure that Dm is closed and use apploader, which is in the same folder that vendor.xml was in.
    09-08-11 07:45 PM
    did you try using apploader? Usually that works for me. Make sure that Dm is closed and use apploader, which is in the same folder that vendor.xml was in.
    Yes I have done this already but nothing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-11 07:58 PM
    I had the same problem which was driving me crazy finally worked out you need to have the latest version of DM installed to upgrade

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-08-11 08:00 PM
    I had the same problem which was driving me crazy finally worked out you need to have the latest version of DM installed to upgrade

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I do have the latest DM I have tried everything

09-08-11 08:38 PM
    I found a hidden vendor file. C:/User/(user name)/Roaming/App Data/Research in Motion/Blackberry/
    09-08-11 09:14 PM
    Coulding find that folder but anuway on file C I searched vendor.xml and nothing

09-08-11 09:43 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really need help.....i have been trying all i can to update my bold 9900 to the new os .353 and havent been able

i deleted vendor.xml from app loader folder and wants showing up on dm or app loader or bbsak........i searched on my computer vendor and found one, deleted that one to and nothing.

I even unchecked the box on the dm that finds updates automatically and still nothing.....this is the first time this happens to me, i have had bb for 6 years and always have done all the updates same way deliting vendor.xml and update now just dont know what happened...i have a windows 7 computer.

Please anyone help cuz am not to happy with this os i have

thanks
    Double post - BAD ETIQUETTE. See your other post - where I posted the solution for you.
    09-08-11 10:01 PM
    Too much effort. That would require him to think for himself rather than have someone spoonfeed him.

09-08-11 10:42 PM
    u must upgrade to latest dekstop manager or change another computer
    09-09-11 12:33 AM
    I had that problem yesterday.

My solution is to uninstall the DM and tick "delete all users data"(I can't remeber the detail , but u will see the same meaning of that when u uninstall the DM). After that , install the latest DM. U will fix the problem.

I think another solution is that u can change another computer.

Last edited by svij; 09-09-11 at 01:09 AM.
    09-09-11 01:06 AM
    I actually had to clean the registry after uninstalling dm and the device software.

09-09-11 01:26 AM
    Double post - BAD ETIQUETTE. See your other post - where I posted the solution for you.
    i noticed that too
    09-09-11 02:33 AM
    which solution works all the time?
    can we please identify the real problem so that we will know the appropriate solution, instead of this try and error method?
    09-09-11 02:36 AM
    1st. Delete ur DM
    2nd Delete ur OS on PC
    3rd Go to program files delete Research In Motion Folder/File n also go to Common File Folder and Delete Research In Motion Folder/File

4th Restart ur Pc
    5th Install ur DM and ur OS
    6th Go Back to Program Files > Common File > RIM > delete Vendor.xml
    7th Install ur OS using Loader

Done.
    09-09-11 07:04 AM
    Hey guys thanks for all the help, I have tried everything BUT the deleting the DM and all the steps I will try now and let you know.

About the 2 post well I wasn't getting any answers from anyone and I didn't understand why there was no way of me getting a solution so I posted 2 times that's it.

Thanks

09-09-11 10:22 AM
    try the above and revert to us.
    09-09-11 10:27 AM
    hey guys i got this message when i was deliting the DM and OS

am installing right now will see what happens

i acctually got it 3 time on DM and 2 deliting OS
    09-09-11 12:42 PM
    hey guys my phone is uploading the new OS thanks a lot for all the help

i was going crazy but deliting everything and installing again worked just perfet...

take care
    09-09-11 01:01 PM
    Guys i really need help now, it was uploading all fine and then this came up out of nowhere
    09-09-11 01:16 PM
    Everyone is talking about update and I can't even find an update when I check for them ?!! Anyone ?
    09-09-11 01:18 PM
    try the above and revert to us.
    hi can you please help me?? read the msjs i wrote thanks
    09-09-11 01:18 PM
    Everyone is talking about update and I can't even find an update when I check for them ?!! Anyone ?
    here you go

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...elekom-646976/
    dani-b likes this.
    09-09-11 01:22 PM
    acctually i re-upoaded it and it just update some apps kind of fast and is working now

it did acctually delete my phone but i did a backup yesterday so is all fine

i dont know why i had so much trouble with this OS i hope it solves some glitches it had
    09-09-11 01:26 PM
    1st. Delete ur DM
    2nd Delete ur OS on PC
    3rd Go to program files delete Research In Motion Folder/File n also go to Common File Folder and Delete Research In Motion Folder/File

4th Restart ur Pc
    5th Install ur DM and ur OS
    6th Go Back to Program Files > Common File > RIM > delete Vendor.xml
    7th Install ur OS using Loader

Done.
    that worked for me too
    thanks a lot
    10-14-11 01:03 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD