I found this on the Blackberry support forum and a user said it worked for them. I Googled Blackberry 9900 Bricked (I don't have an issue with my phone btw and hopefully will not have).
    KB10144-How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Something about force detecting your phone. If it works please share the link (share the link anyway) and post as to whether it works for you.
    Seems this is happening to lots of people.
    I am a new user... I just happened on the Bold 9900 won't start thread. And even in Blackberry Forums no-one has any answers.
    Nicky
    10-26-11 08:58 AM
    Same issue had happened to my 9900, took quite a while to receive support directly through RIM, at the end there was no fix, RIM did send me out a new 9900 which I did unfortunately sell. This issue seems to be quite common as it did occur on two of my 9800. After not having a phone for 36 hours at a time it became quite apparent that this is a outstanding issue that RIM needs to correct
    10-26-11 09:33 AM
    I found this on the Blackberry support forum and a user said it worked for them. I Googled Blackberry 9900 Bricked (I don't have an issue with my phone btw and hopefully will not have).
    KB10144-How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Something about force detecting your phone. If it works please share the link (share the link anyway) and post as to whether it works for you.
    Seems this is happening to lots of people.
    I am a new user... I just happened on the Bold 9900 won't start thread. And even in Blackberry Forums no-one has any answers.
    Nicky
    Sorry that didn't help me. That happened to me last month(!) after it charging all night. I'm still waiting for mine to come back from repair. I shipped it back Sept 28th. NOw, my brother in law's has the same problem. Red flashing light and dead. C'mon RIM you're not helping yourself by selling defective BB. At least apple replaces them on the spot
    Last edited by defender007; 10-26-11 at 03:36 PM.
    10-26-11 03:32 PM
    Yup completely regret buying the 9900 now... Officially #5 flat out dead bricked. Two paper weights on my kitchen table. Regret selling my 9700 and 9800.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-11 05:14 PM
    i havent found a solution yet........
    looks like lots people have same issue thru various bb models......
    but ...... there is no solution.......not even on bb official support website........i posted question there too, after a few days, not even one person answer my question............
    Hard to believe all this. Was about to get one but will hold off for a while now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-11 02:18 AM
    Just got a refurbished replacement handset from O2. Browsing through the various threads on this issue there doesn't seem to be any specific cause for the problem so I'll just have to hope it doesn't happen again!

That said I might stop leaving it on charge overnight as a few of us have said it was in the morning when we found our phones dead.
    11-02-11 11:53 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD