this just happened yesterday. i left my bb 9900 for a couple days without using it and yesterday i noticed that battery is running out, so i plugged into usb power and left it there for charging.
    the next thing i saw is slowing flashing red LED.
    first thing came to my mind was that device did not get charged. so I plugged into a pc and then my pc keeps showing device connected but not recognized (at this state, the LED on BB is showing red), after a few seconds, my pc shows device disconnected ( LED shows off at this state). after another few second (about 20 seconds) , red LED again and my pc showing deviced connected again. And yes I have latest blackberry manager installed.

this simply keeps on and off. it seems device trying to power off but cant and then reboot.....
    i tried pulling battery off, no use. in fact, this even happens when it's on battery.
    it's weird, it was working fine before i left it on table for charging.
    also, my bb was on latest firmware.
    through the entire process, my BB screen is totally black and does not show anything.
    anybody knows how to fix this ??
    10-14-11 03:31 PM
    any help??
    10-14-11 10:08 PM
    Sounds like a bad battery to me. Try to find another to test it with or take it to a Verizon store and see if they put another one in.
    10-14-11 10:31 PM
    Any of the lights on the keypad come on? Plug it in without the battery what happens? Does your device manager recognize it as plugged in? Your screen doesn't turn on what so ever even after several minutes or 10 - 20 minutes? It could be the battery, but if you want to try reloading the software via cmd. Here is the cmd line, this only works if the computer is able to recognize the device.

CD C:\
    CD Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader
    Loader /nojvm

(remove the (x86) if you're running a 32 bit windows.

Go through the steps in apploader, if that doesn't work report back.
    10-14-11 11:02 PM
    Sounds like a bad battery to me. Try to find another to test it with or take it to a Verizon store and see if they put another one in.
    Just fyi, 9900 is GSM, VZW would carry the 9930.
    10-14-11 11:02 PM
    Just fyi, 9900 is GSM, VZW would carry the 9930.
    Oops...lol yeah taking your 9900 to Verizon probably not a good idea..haha.
    10-14-11 11:27 PM
    my screen always stays black( sometimes shows a little bettary icon with bolt on middle, but this rarely happens). no light on keyboard even connected with power. LED is solid red for a few seconds and then goes off then back on ( this happens when i tried to turn it on with power button)
    and even without battery, symptom stays same.

yes, i have tried loader /nojvm and javaloader -u wipe, both dont work because my bb seems rebooting all the time.
    i havent got a chance to try another battery yet, and i really doubt it is battery, but i will try to get a spare battery and try it later.

also, I tried MFI multiloader tonight too, it stuck on connecting bootrom due to the connection of device keeps being reset.( in fact, it is the device rebooting)

i am so frustrated by this bb now.....
    10-14-11 11:42 PM
    i'm having the exact same problem, virgin mobile is sending me a new phone, guy told me it's fried.
    10-15-11 07:15 AM
    Sounds like your battery is f'ed, it's not charging and it won't let you boot the phone without a battery with a minimal charge, or, if you try and go into a store, slap your battery into the demo device and see if it boots up, that'll determine if it's the battery or the phone and then move on from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-11 11:12 PM
    Having the exact same problem with my 9900 on rogers.
    10-16-11 12:09 AM
    This isn't a battery issue, it's a corrupted OS...and in most cases, unrecoverable. Looks like you'll have to replace the phone, from what I've read and experienced myself. I've never yet been able to recover a BB from this state.
    10-16-11 04:07 AM
    Having the same issue tried everything! The BB 9900 justo stopped working. I bought it unlocked so there si no warranty from any telephone company. Please if anyone can help me...I'm desperate. I tried with another battery and it just keep doing the same thing.
    10-16-11 05:50 PM
    Exact same issue here. Plugged it in last night, woke up to the re-boot cycle. I went to TELUS to get a new battery, and that didn't solve anything.

Is there no solution other than getting a replacement?
    10-16-11 07:06 PM
    i havent found a solution yet........
    looks like lots people have same issue thru various bb models......
    but ...... there is no solution.......not even on bb official support website........i posted question there too, after a few days, not even one person answer my question............
    10-16-11 09:42 PM
    i havent found a solution yet........
    looks like lots people have same issue thru various bb models......
    but ...... there is no solution.......not even on bb official support website........i posted question there too, after a few days, not even one person answer my question............
    This is ridiculous. I have seen reports of the same thing happening to Torch 9850/60 owners too. Maybe this is a BB7 wide problem?

I tried Application loader. It doesn't work.
    I tried BBSAK. It doesn't work.
    I tried DM. It doesn't work.

If anyone has any idea of what can fix this, that would be much appreciated.
    10-16-11 09:45 PM
    I had the exact same problem put my phone at night to charge everything was normal woke up in the morning to this! It sucked. Went to sprint store and they charged $35 for an exchange (sucks even more). And I had to wait few days till I got the new phone while being stuch with my 8530. I must say in the 5 years I have a bb I never had any problems and with this bold after having it for 45 days I had this and 2 x jvm error that I had reload OS once already with the new phone I got I'm very upset that I'm stuck now with this phone for 2 years if I would still be in the 30 days I would sure give it back and get a other phone...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-11 10:07 PM
    i think bb is giving up the fight against iphone
    10-16-11 10:14 PM
    Getting a replacement 9900 UPS'd to me from rogers. Got them to waive the $35 fee as I've already been without a phone for 4.5 days and the friendly tech support person said she dealt with someone having the exact same problem earlier in the day.
    10-17-11 12:48 AM
    i had the exact same issue on a bb9900 from voda uk. same symptoms same everything. ended up getting a FOC replacement from voda uk

couldnt get a way to turn it on - this post should help identify what has gone wrong:

Blackberry Bold 9900 Won't turn on. - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Hi,

I have the exact same issue, however my phone lasted for over 2 weeks before it died.

i updated to the latest OS (vodafone UK) at the start of this month and had been using all the phones features with no problems.

Mine died in the car at some point while i was driving - at the time i was charging the phone from the car (not an offical charger - but had used this previously with no issue on blackberry 9000) while playing music through a standard audio jack (male to male) from the phone to radio input) I seem to recall receiving a phone call (which stopped the music so I didnt notice the exact moment the phone died.

the phone will now not respond to anything, ive tried charging, plugging into pc, however not even the red charging light comes on and the battery does not warm up.

vodafone are unable to provide a replacement due to high demand at the moment, so i have been left without a phone (thanks vodafone for putting new customers before existing and not being able to reserve a phone for a long time customer)

any help i can get to jump start this phone would help - even some info as to how to preform a manual factory reset or something
    10-17-11 06:15 AM
    This is a growing problem... and has happenned to me and there are so many threads jut like this on all the forums.

Nobody has yet found an answer, other than to return the phone to the carrier - which is fine if you bought from a carrier, but those that "imported" are left very much in the dark... with lots of money spent and no solution!

Whoever works out the solution to this one will be an international hero!!
    10-17-11 05:42 PM
    Happened me to

Freaking RIMM better come out with an explanation and a solution!! I am a international businessman and this is really killing my productivity
    10-17-11 07:29 PM
    this sounds so much like this guy who is in my religion class, having problem with his bold
    10-17-11 07:34 PM
    i havent got a chance to try another battery yet, and i really doubt it is battery, but i will try to get a spare battery and try it later.
    Have you had a chance to try a known good battery? I recommend you disconnect power from phone for a while and let it completely discharge. Pressing power button with no battery may help to completely discharge capacitors that may still hold a charge. Then insert known good battery.

Hopefully it will boot.
    10-17-11 07:47 PM
    Exact same thing happened to me! It's strange that this issue has come up all of a sudden. It would be interesting to see how old everyone's bold is and what OS they were running before the phone bricked. I purchases my 9900 on August 13th and I was running a shrunk version of .440
    10-17-11 09:52 PM
    Exact same thing happened to me! It's strange that this issue has come up all of a sudden. It would be interesting to see how old everyone's bold is and what OS they were running before the phone bricked. I purchases my 9900 on August 13th and I was running a shrunk version of .440
    From what I know, most are using os .440. I am starting to think there is a major issue with the OS, or a general hardware issue with the 9900.

Either that, or RIM has put a kill switch into leaked OS's... (or that's the two defective 9900's i've got so far speaking)
    Last edited by RDslva; 10-17-11 at 10:43 PM. Reason: spelling
    10-17-11 10:43 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD