Hello guys

I wanted to get away from Android and the google ecosystem.

I recently purchase a very good Bold 9900. Love it,

I've added BIS bolt on via my carrier, Three UK (3) and have set up email, I can recieve emails fine, text in and out, calls etc but I cannot send emails.

Everytime I try it just Red Crosses with "General Failure" status. I have tried the following;

• Updated to latest OS vers
    • Reset SBs,
    • Registered network,
    • Hard reset,
    • Full data wipe and re enter everything from scratch
    • Revert back to older OS vers.
    • Multiple email accounts (fastmail and gmail)
    • Sending to specific addresses
    • Replying direct to received mail

No matter what I do the same result - everything works except sending emails.

Please help as I feel thise is the perfect non android device for me IF I can get the emails sending.
    08-06-16 05:45 AM
    I have experienced exactly this problem in the past, see my earlier thread Duplicating a Bold 9900:
    /blackberry-bold-9930-9900-f235/duplicating-bold-9900-a-1073336-post12459842/

I'm not entirely sure how I solved the problem but I did strip the IT policy using BBHtool and/or BBSAK, reinstalled the OS, and restored my apps before it starting sending emails, with two separate accounts, Gmail and MSexchange . That 9900 now works fine.

Before you do anything else - Are other BIS related services working well, e.g. BBM, and you have the BlackBerry browser etc? There is 3UK landing page that you can hit to check that your BIS is paid up and working. I'm no longer on 3 having moved to giffgaff where BIS can be freely activated with any of their goodybag (data plans); PM me if you'd like a referral (with free credit) although just to be clear, I am not suggesting that the network provider is the route of your Email problems.
    Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 08-07-16 at 05:45 AM.
    08-06-16 07:19 AM