I am happy to see people have come to their senses about the 9900 camera hehe .. its a decent camera and does a good job. Don't let the media sway your common sense
    10-20-11 06:44 AM
    I think the problem with the camera is that the competition is focusing (pun intended) on really improving camera performance on their phones and that the 9900, as a premium device, hasn't quite kept up.

I have both the 9900 and a Samsung Galaxy S 2. The camera and resulting pictures on the S2 are so vastly superior that its not even a fair comparison.

Is the camera on 9900 adequate for most people's needs? Yes, and that's what many of the comments on this thread point out.

Is it leading edge or even worthy competition to the cameras on most premium phones today? Nope.

You make compromises with any phone (keyboard vs. no keyboard, etc), but the camera is a feature that is not restricted by OS, size, etc. It is simply a choice made by the manufacturer and that choice, right or wrong, reflects upon the quality of the whole device. RIM chose to put a just-adequate camera in its premium device instead of a camera like the S2's that would absolutely wow the user.

Is it the end of the world? No. But RIM missed an opportunity to really delight it's customers.
    10-20-11 08:34 AM
    I'm quite happy with the 9900 camera, took this today:

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...1020-00039.jpg
    How can ANYONE say this is a bad photo
    10-20-11 10:49 AM
    My 9780 camera was better. The flagship 9900 camera is very average.

Bad call by RIM on the camera hardware.
    10-20-11 08:45 PM
    This was the tie breaker for me when it was choosing between the 9810 vs 9900/9930. I don't know why they could not have incorporated autofocus in the new Bolds... I was a previos 9800 user also though, and I really liked that phone and never had had issues..so now I have the 9810 and it's like the best of both worlds, plus it has auto focus..takes excellent photos. I see the pics that were posted here from your bolds and they do look pretty good. Better photo quality benefits me more for what I do. I'm definitely not knocking the 9900, I'm just saying the 9810 fits all of my needs at the moment.
    10-20-11 11:05 PM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Yeah .. Love the Bold 9900!!!! .. but my Bold 9700 took better photos ....
    10-20-11 11:07 PM
    This was the tie breaker for me when it was choosing between the 9810 vs 9900/9930. I don't know why they could not have incorporated autofocus in the new Bolds... I was a previos 9800 user also though, and I really liked that phone and never had had issues..so now I have the 9810 and it's like the best of both worlds, plus it has auto focus..takes excellent photos. I see the pics that were posted here from your bolds and they do look pretty good. Better photo quality benefits me more for what I do. I'm definitely not knocking the 9900, I'm just saying the 9810 fits all of my needs at the moment.
    how about the battery?
    10-21-11 01:37 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD