Hey everybody!

So I just got my bold 9900!!! Great phone and I love it!
    I was wondering if anybody would share their ideas of how to avoid bricking the device(I got it from a guy, brand new, was in sealed box, locked to rogers). So I don't think I will be able to claim warranty if anything happens.

Currently its on bbos 7.0 bundle 1346 (v7.0.0261, platform 5.0.0.464) can anybody advise me whether I should update my bbos to a newer version(where RIM seems to fix bricking, more or less) and if yes, then which version would you advice?

Any Ideas are welcome,
    Cheers
    01-31-12 01:36 PM
    Hey everybody!

So I just got my bold 9900!!! Great phone and I love it!
    I was wondering if anybody would share their ideas of how to avoid bricking the device(I got it from a guy, brand new, was in sealed box, locked to rogers). So I don't think I will be able to claim warranty if anything happens.

Currently its on bbos 7.0 bundle 1346 (v7.0.0261, platform 5.0.0.464) can anybody advise me whether I should update my bbos to a newer version(where RIM seems to fix bricking, more or less) and if yes, then which version would you advice?

Any Ideas are welcome,
    Cheers
    Update to the latest leaked OS 7.1.0.205.

Reports of bricking on the latest 7.1 OS are few and far between.
    asv1988 likes this.
    01-31-12 01:38 PM
    My Rogers Bold 9900 just bricked on Friday morning. It seems to happen when you plug it in overnight after letting the charge go below 10% - at least that's what happened for me. It happened a couple of times but a battery pull usually solved it but then Friday morning came and it just wouldn't wake up (red light flashing and nothing else). It was a phone that I had bought used from someone else (with no receipt) but it was a Rogers branded phone. I took it to the store and they sent it off for repair no questions asked (just the phone too as I didn't have the box, charger etc. with me). They had a record of the phone being purchased from them and since it hadn't been out for over a year the warranty was honoured. So as long as it's within the year long warranty and was legitimately purchased from Rogers (by you or someone else) they should send it off without question. I'll likely receive a referb back but at least it'll work.
    Hope that helps.
    asv1988 likes this.
    01-31-12 01:53 PM
    just upgrade to OS 7.1

seems to have fixed this problem
    asv1988 likes this.
    01-31-12 02:00 PM
    If you are on Rogers and it is a Rogers device that shows it is still under warranty, you should not have any problems getting it fixed if you are a long term contract customer. Here is a link to check the warranty status.

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.por...OfWarranty_1_1
    asv1988 likes this.
    01-31-12 02:37 PM
    Mine seem to brick when I installed an app, and then immediately it would say there is an upgrade for that app and so need to download it again. Then I would restart and it would begin restarting constantly on a loop. Best to install the app, restart phone, then get the updated version.
    01-31-12 03:29 PM
    At my workplace, I order my users either the 9930 or 9850..and I have had to return probably about 15 9930's so far because of the bricking issue. So far we haven't had the issue with our users who use the 9850. So far the ones that have been replaced, that hasn't happened.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-31-12 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD