I have several months left on my T-Mobile contract here in the states. I am planning on getting the Bold 9900. I need to know if anyone has tried pairing it to a Garmin Nuvi 1390T GPS. I miss the hands free useage I had with my Pearl. My present phone will not trigger voice dialing like the Pearl did. My present phone is a HTC HD2 (Windows OS)...big mistake. I didn't know that before I purchased this phone and T-Mobile would not let me get a different phone...only exchange for a like device. Can someone point me in the right direction please......friends are trying to get me to go to Android instead but some of them are having trouble triggering voice dialing when paired to devices. I don't want to go another 2 years without voice dialing through my GPS.
    11-08-11 08:00 AM
    I just paired a 1490T to my 9900 to check for you,the 1390t shouldn't be any different and it worked just fine.Put your Bold in discoverable mode first,turn on nuvi bluetooth,select phone add new device whatever.Then go back to the Bold bluetooth settings,add new device and select listen.It will pull up your 1390 after that.I even tried voice dialing and it worked although the voice dialing on BB leaves much to be desired.IMO native voice dialing blows.Say a command-you say"call BOB" BB says did you say"give cat a bath"did you say"fruit basket"did you say "call basketball"LOL it should work though for what its worth.
    11-08-11 10:46 AM
    Thanks very much for your reply. I remember how easy it was to pair my Pearl with the Garmin 1390T. It worked great for me...just an occasional "did you say..." from the Pearl. I also said I'd never have another touch screen phone either but I am going to try the Bold 9900. Again thanks for your reply.
    11-08-11 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD