I'll keep this as brief as possible.

Took delivery of Bold 9900 yesterday. Been using the Bold 9000 for a couple of years, loved it. Upon delivery I removed the SIM from my old phone and put it in the new one, did a restore, etc.

Everything appears to work fine apart from my BlackBerry ID. I cannot log in to App World. The error message was: "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World Server. Verify your network connections and try again."

Never had this problem on the Bold 9000.

I've googled the problem and, so far as I can see, nobody seems to have a definitive answer. Does anyone have a solution or am I best off returning the phone and getting a (non-BlackBerry) handset - I don't really have the time to be messing about with unreliable phones.

Many thanks in anticipation.
    12-08-11 10:16 AM
    register your 9900 on your BIS account.
    12-08-11 10:44 AM
    Thanks, but I have done that. I can send and receive emails without any bother, access the web, make calls, etc. The phone works fine but I cannot log into my BlackBerry ID and hence cannot access App World.
    12-08-11 10:49 AM
    try resetting appworlds cache

open appworld and hold alt and type rstrst

or delete and download appworld via yourmobile browser (blackberry.com/appworld)

is your device set up with a blackberry ID? (options/device/blackberry ID)
    12-08-11 06:31 PM
    Make sure the new BB's default email address is the one you login with. Options/Device/Advanced Sysytem Settings/Default Services. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-11 06:35 PM
    Thanks for the tips, guys. Unfortunately none of them work for me. I have now tried several suggested solutions and still the problem remains. Starting to lose heart, I'm not sure that upgrading a phone should prove this difficult and I have better things to do with my time!

Vodafone UK don't seem to see it as their problem and without a solution the phone is no good to me. I've got until early next week to sort it or it's going to be sent back and swapped for something that works which will probably mean a move away from BlackBerry.

12-09-11 07:42 AM
    Back it up. Run a Security Wipe. Then restore data and try again.
    12-09-11 07:46 AM
    I will try that again right now.

12-09-11 07:49 AM
    Nope, still not working.

Same old message - "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World Server. Verify your network connections and try again."

I think my mind has now been made up. A quick search of the net tells me that there's plenty of others out there in the same circumstances with the same problem. The 9900 is supposed to be RIM's flagship model. Whether it is Vodafone's issue of RIM's issue, the fact that it cannot be solved is ridiculous.
    12-09-11 08:16 AM
    Why did you use your old sim card from your 9000? Did Vodafone not send you a new one? You can transfer all contacts through Desktop Manager
    12-09-11 08:57 AM
    No, Vodafone did not send me a new SIM card. That's not unusual in the UK, though - having upgraded BlackBerry handsets before with Vodafone they have never sent me a new SIM.

On the phone to them now, queuing as usual. I expect to be told it's not their problem, in which case I wave a sad goodbye to both BlackBerry and Vodafone.
    12-09-11 08:59 AM
    Ok, so Vodafone told me it was not their problem. They gave me a number to call RIM, which I have called, and they seem to think it is Vodafone's problem.

The glory really is departed!

I'm off.
    12-09-11 09:34 AM
    Ok, so Vodafone told me it was not their problem. They gave me a number to call RIM, which I have called, and they seem to think it is Vodafone's problem.

The glory really is departed!

I'm off.
    Well done! At least someone had the balls to say the **** with this can't be bothered with RIM!
    12-09-11 10:00 AM
    I shall be emailing RIM just to let them know that they will not be having my custom again. That's how you shrink a business, one customer at a time ...
    12-09-11 10:08 AM
    +1 ^^^^^^^^^^
    12-09-11 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD