I'm on my second Bold 9930. I "cheated" on it with the Galaxy Nexus for about a month, but I'm back. I missed this keyboard. As far as the phone being "fragile," I think it's tougher than the Galaxy Nexus. I was always paranoid about breaking that thing. The metal band is nice. Phone has a little weight to it. I think it's pretty durable as far as smartphones go.
    01-16-12 07:23 PM
    I've had my Bold 9930 for 4 months. One problem one time with a sketchy app i downloaded... So All i recommend is that make sure that the app you download has gotten some reviews (high ones) and don't stray... yeah... Was pissed... was the first time any blackberry had ever given me problems... So yeah... Awesome 9930, just avoid sketchy apps. :-D
    01-16-12 08:23 PM
    I just want it to last me long time (atleast 2 - 3 years).
    what do you guys think ? should it be able to ?
    Buy Hungarian unit, pack it in Otterbox and don't play with OS builds, it will last long.
    01-16-12 08:45 PM
    I have gone through 7 9900's, I would avoid.
    sounds like either ur a lying troll or u beat the heck out of ur phone. all other post say they are fine in the thread and myself on my first one since august works great. We have 2 9930 and 2 9900 We are all happy with them.
    01-16-12 09:03 PM
    sounds like either ur a lying troll or u beat the heck out of ur phone. all other post say they are fine in the thread and myself on my first one since august works great. We have 2 9930 and 2 9900 We are all happy with them.
    Or they have false expectations of what the phone actually does. Lol
    01-16-12 10:40 PM
    I've only had the 9930 for about a month but so far it's the best phone I've ever had. Totally satisfied with it and the way it works with my PlayBook is 2nd to none. The whole Bricking/nuking issue scared me a bit too, but the way I see it is simply when there is a problem with a device, complaints are made. In this case many on the Crackberry forums. But you also see how many people love it. Squeaky wheel gets the grease though and so we notice the negative more than the positive. So if you had the time to add up all the bricking and compare it to the non-bricking, I'm sure there are many more good 99xx's out there than the other. Insurance, of course. But remember, if you do brick, then insurance isn't even needed as it's a warranty issue anyhow. Don't ever let a carrier charge you for a replacement when it's not your fault, but simply a hardware issue that is out of your control.
    01-16-12 11:05 PM
    I still have my bold 9700. It is a good phone. Great battery life! And like you said...tough too. The Bold 9900 is a huge step up from the 9700, though. If you spend any time on the internet at all, the 9900 make it much easier with the touchscreen. I also love the ability to handle a 32 gig card...I've got over 3500 songs on my phone with 10.8 gigs left over! The 4G (as indicated) network seems to work better as well, with more reliable voice mail delivery (I was having a problem missing messages on my 9700) and the same great email service. One of the biggest improvements over the 9700 has to be the keyboard...the phone is wider to begin with, and then they stretched the keys all the way to the outside edge of the phone, resulting in a much easier typing experience if you have big hands. Plus the keys have the right amount of resistance to them. Not too soft and not too hard. Typing of the 9700 after using the 9900, you can feel how tough those buttons are to press...the difference is quite significant and sometimes I wonder how I used that thing at all to do all the typing I did. Finally, I'd like to say that in my opinion, the new Bold does not feel like a cheap thing that won't go the distance. The overall feel is of a solid device that's well built, and one where corners weren't cut to save money. This thing feels like it was well built and made to do serious work. I plan on having mine for a long time. We will see...I'm just coming up on the two-month marker this week. So far, so good and I still love my Bold.
    01-16-12 11:22 PM
    I am very happy with my 9900 , never had a problem. Keep in mind people only turn to forums to tell about their problems.
    01-17-12 02:24 PM
    I am very happy with my 9900 , never had a problem. Keep in mind people only turn to forums to tell about their problems.
    i beg to differ, you just wrote that you got no problem with your 9900, yet here you are.
    01-17-12 03:23 PM
    i beg to differ, you just wrote that you got no problem with your 9900, yet here you are.
    You got me there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-12 03:48 PM
    No problems ever with any of my phones..
    I think its all bout how a person uses n takes care of his device.. frequently opening and keeping apps running in bg n clogging up the system can obv cause it to fail n slow down.. not just a blackberry but an iOS and android as well..
    to me the 9900 is a beautiful device
    01-17-12 03:53 PM
    I've had mine for 2 months, besides the random reboots & bugs, like my 9700, this phone is top notch too.
    01-17-12 10:08 PM
    Thanks !
    that's all i wanted to hear..
    now I dont know what phone to get
    One person's opinion shouldn't sway you. I know a bunch of people with 9900's, and none of them have had a single inkling of a problem. If you loved your 9700 as I loved mine, then you will love the 9900. Easily the best phone I've ever owned. If you're concerned, grab the extended warranty from whatever carrier you are purchasing from. Physically, the device is certainly bulletproof if you were wondering about that too.
    01-17-12 10:59 PM
    For me the 9900 was a perfect upgrade from the 9700. I loved the 9700, but I wanted the hardware upgrades. Also the build quality and keyboard is awesome. Havn't experienced bricking issues on my phone yet.

Only concern is battery life. But its acceptable for most days. I drop it to 2G if I'm going to be away from the charger for the whole day.
    01-18-12 01:10 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD