Good Morning, I have one question. I have a few apps which I must have.

Whats Up?
    FB Client
    Messenger Client
    Something to turn on a music from YT or Spotify or something like that
    VPN Client
    RSS Reader
    Something like tapatalk

Is a something to replace a part of this?

THANK YOU!
    11-06-18 05:22 AM

Whats Up?
    FB Client
    Messenger Client
    VPN Client
    RSS Reader
    Something like tapatalk

THANK YOU!
    Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp are dead on BBOS. There's no way around that.

For music streaming, try Pandora.
    11-06-18 09:08 AM
    Have a look at this page: The Bold Explorer - Bold 99xx Working and Dead Apps List

It will direct you toward apps that work. As Elephant_Canyon noted, WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger no longer function. Facebook itself might still work through the 'lite' version of the website, but that's it.

I think the other apps you're looking for still work. If they don't, let me know and I will add them to the "Dead List."
    11-06-18 10:00 AM
    Is Line Messenger still available for BB Bold?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-18 04:47 PM
    Is Line Messenger still available for BB Bold?

Posted via CB10
    There was an end of support notice in 2017. You'd have to try it and report back.
    11-10-18 10:44 PM

Whats Up?
    FB Client
    Messenger Client
    VPN Client
    RSS Reader
    Something like tapatalk

THANK YOU!
    Just want to make sure you're aware that this is a 7+ year old phone on a long-dead OS platform.

It received its final software update over 5 years ago.
    11-10-18 11:42 PM
    Just want to make sure you're aware that this is a 7+ year old phone on a long-dead OS platform.

It received its final software update over 5 years ago.
    I would think/hope that more people would embrace the Bold for what it is now. Namely a great little minimalist phone that's great for calls, text and email (for the most part, obviously minus HTML stuff and some issues with certain providers). Use a tablet or laptop or something for the fancy stuff and enjoy life away from all the notifications and time spent hunched over a more typical smartphone...unfortunately people keep wanting it to be something it's not.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-18 04:37 PM
    I would think/hope that more people would embrace the Bold for what it is now. Namely a great little minimalist phone that's great for calls, text and email (for the most part, obviously minus HTML stuff and some issues with certain providers). Use a tablet or laptop or something for the fancy stuff and enjoy life away from all the notifications and time spent hunched over a more typical smartphone...unfortunately people keep wanting it to be something it's not.

Posted via CB10
    Shorten that list to calls and text for certainty. If people don’t have BIS available through carrier, email isn’t really available.
    11-27-18 06:57 PM
    LogicMail still works with MS Outlook. Whether you want to give it your passwords is another story, given that nothing has been updated in forever. Alternatively, you can also forward your email to your carrier's SMS gateway if you just want to monitor it (not respond) as it comes in.

I realize that forwarding mail to an SMS gateway isn't perfect, but it's better than nothing.

The phone is also good for a number of other functions. You can sync PIM to Outlook via BlackBerry Desktop, listen to podcasts, and use Tapatalk, just to name a few still-working functions.
    11-27-18 09:46 PM
    LogicMail still works with MS Outlook. Whether you want to give it your passwords is another story, given that nothing has been updated in forever. Alternatively, you can also forward your email to your carrier's SMS gateway if you just want to monitor it (not respond) as it comes in.

I realize that forwarding mail to an SMS gateway isn't perfect, but it's better than nothing.

The phone is also good for a number of other functions. You can sync PIM to Outlook via BlackBerry Desktop, listen to podcasts, and use Tapatalk, just to name a few still-working functions.
    All the special extra solutions kill the productivity aspects that made BBOS worth sticking with five years after Android/IOS rolled out as primary device. For just calls, texting and email, without BIS, might as week go BB10 then.
    11-28-18 06:39 AM
    All the special extra solutions kill the productivity aspects that made BBOS worth sticking with five years after Android/IOS rolled out as primary device. For just calls, texting and email, without BIS, might as week go BB10 then.
    Granted.

That being said, not all of us use our phones in the same way.

For me, the only aspects of a phone that have ever made me more productive are the calendar and to-do lists. Everything else just interrupts my work flow and makes me less productive.

For others, having email, various enhanced IM apps, navigation apps, etc., might be absolutely essential to doing their jobs productively.
    11-28-18 08:58 AM
    Granted.

That being said, not all of us use our phones in the same way.

For me, the only aspects of a phone that have ever made me more productive are the calendar and to-do lists. Everything else just interrupts my work flow and makes me less productive.

For others, having email, various enhanced IM apps, navigation apps, etc., might be absolutely essential to doing their jobs productively.
    I get that. Unfortunately, many jobs now have the expectations that non-employees have access to Android/IOS mobile device capabilities even to just apply.
    anon(10512033) likes this.
    11-28-18 09:04 AM
    11-30-18 02:06 AM