I couldnt find it in the specs, will the bold touch have a multi-touch sensing screen (pinch for zooming, etc.)? I hope so...
    05-05-11 08:17 AM
    yes, there'll be pinch to zoom etc
    05-05-11 08:30 AM
    I would say it will for sure.

I am not so excited about the touch screen as it will be small. I am more interested in the additional features this device will offer. The processor will make this smoother than any Blackberry device to date.

The touch feature will be good when doing the Internet.
    05-05-11 08:30 AM
    Yep pinch to zoom was demoed in the video review.
    05-05-11 08:36 AM
    Yes because the current Torch does it.
    05-05-11 02:20 PM
    Did they mention anywhere if the touch screen is glass or plastic?
    05-05-11 06:19 PM
    It's going to be glass, even if they didn't mention it...

I don't want another confusing thread to break out like the Torch where everyone claimed it was plastic...
    05-05-11 06:26 PM
    It's going to be glass, even if they didn't mention it...

I don't want another confusing thread to break out like the Torch where everyone claimed it was plastic...
    The Torch's screen is crap, i really don't like it. I hope it is glass on the 9900
    05-05-11 06:35 PM
    Huh? Crap how? It's a standard capacitive lcd touchscreen...
    05-05-11 06:44 PM
    I mean it's really plasticky, or at least that's how it feels
    05-05-11 07:19 PM
    I mean it's really plasticky, or at least that's how it feels
    i think i know what you mean.

old HTC Touch Diamond had a plasticy/squishy feeling to it sort of, not the 'solid' glass feel the evo4g/iphone has.
    05-05-11 10:20 PM
    They need to put Gorilla Glass on the Bold Touch like all the new Touch Screen phones (iPhones, HTCs, Motorolas) that's the difference of a glass screen having a plasticky feel or not.
    05-06-11 10:29 AM
    Anyone find that when scrolling with the Trackpad, that they (most times) end-up touching the screen? Particularly irritating when scrolling the web browser.

I think the 9900 is missing that little ridge between lower portion of the touch screen & trackpad (see Bold 9000). This would be helpful now. More so than on the 9000 (which was there, primarily for aesthetics).

If there's anyway to correct or improve this situation. I'm curious.
    09-10-11 03:36 PM
    Anyone find that when scrolling with the Trackpad, that they (most times) end-up touching the screen? Particularly irritating when scrolling the web browser.

I think the 9900 is missing that little ridge between lower portion of the touch screen & trackpad (see Bold 9000). This would be helpful now. More so than on the 9000 (which was there, primarily for aesthetics).

If there's anyway to correct or improve this situation. I'm curious.
    What OS are you running? I had this issue with .261 out of the box (Rogers) but updated to .353 and that issue is gone. Browsing is much more smooth especially right above the trackpad. Not sure about the other OSs between .261 and .353 but for sure its improved in this version. Hope this helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    whobussyu likes this.
    09-10-11 04:31 PM
    That's some great news. I'm running Rogers .261. I'll get .353.

Thanks!
    09-10-11 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD