MY first 9900 was bricked after charging overnight and the same thing happened to my brother-in-law's phone. Wow, it's really a shame. I'm hoping my wife's holds up until the fix because if it dies, I'm never gonna hear the end...
    11-20-11 08:38 AM
    Tell me about it!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-11 08:44 AM
    Yeah I feel bad for everyone too, and right now that's the only thing holding me back from getting one! I've been waiting for this to finally come to AT&T and now im hesitating to get it out of fear it'll brick.
    same thing i said, i really want to upgrade but why i go with new phone that already has problems, trying to keep my faith in BB but Apple is looking good right about now
    11-20-11 09:43 AM
    Kevin's 9900 bricked again.

iCrackBerryKevin+ If your next smartphone was not a BlackBerry, what would it be?

11-20-11 06:15 PM
    my friends 9930 has nuked (red light, blank screen), Mine nuked too but I had my 9900 fixed with .540 but anyone has come up with a solution with 9930 yet?
    11-20-11 11:30 PM
    Chrisy - this thread should be stickied.
    11-21-11 03:25 PM
    I just read your 9900 bricked. Sorry. Did you get it back up?

Yes, I asked the mods to sticky it. They didn't.
    elphie28 likes this.
    11-21-11 03:30 PM
    Added new bricking threads, and one old one. Will add another possible fix thread.
    11-21-11 05:31 PM
    Added a few new threads.
    11-23-11 01:41 AM
    Hope you will be able to retire by 2013. Chrisy. Thanks and happy Thanksgiving.

11-23-11 02:45 AM
    I just read your 9900 bricked. Sorry. Did you get it back up?

Yes, I asked the mods to sticky it. They didn't.
    Yes, I did. Unfortunately I no longer trust that device, so I went to get a new one. The new one has a later PRD so I hope it will be in better shape. Quality control wise, this one is not as good as the prior, since it has an unevenly lit keypad and the trackpad appears to be not fully square. But those are cosmetic defects that don't bother me, in terms of the phone functioning. But at the very first reboot or attempt to nuke itself, I will take it back.
    I've NEVER had issues with my BBerries. Always have had solid devices. This is my first that's had problems.
    In as many devices as I've used since 2004, I would say it has been a remarkable record.
    11-23-11 02:53 AM
    Curious: since there is no software update or fix, how does swapping the device help exactly? There is still a chance of it happening again, no?
    11-23-11 05:35 AM
    Yes and that's the rub that makes calamity of owing a 99xx.

11-23-11 09:42 AM
    Curious: since there is no software update or fix, how does swapping the device help exactly? There is still a chance of it happening again, no?
    I'm praying that since I've already had my bad one, the odds are stacked in my favour!!!!
    11-23-11 11:29 AM
    Yes and that's the rub that makes calamity of owing a 99xx.

That's why I am sticking with the S2 until this gets resolved or BBX makes an appearance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    11-24-11 08:08 AM
    Hamlet said that.

11-24-11 09:05 AM
    There are new bricking threads (about 2 per day) but I'm not adding more to the OP. Ill just bump this occasionally.

11-26-11 12:39 PM
    "The root of the issue likely lies somewhere within the BlackBerry OS 7 operating system rather than with the hardware itself, often occurring spontaneously after simply charging the phone" from the cncb article.
    I guess we just have to update to the latest OS to minimize the risk. Just wondering what triggers the OS to brick...
    11-26-11 12:51 PM
    "The root of the issue likely lies somewhere within the BlackBerry OS 7 operating system rather than with the hardware itself, often occurring spontaneously after simply charging the phone" from the cncb article.
    I guess we just have to update to the latest OS to minimize the risk. Just wondering what triggers the OS to brick...

I tend to agree that it is s/w firm/w issue, but not sure it has been addressed in the latest OS as of yet. Probably not even in the current beta of OS7.
    11-27-11 01:24 PM
    I think the issue of bricking could be the only reason why I'm still holding onto my Galaxy S2. Might wait a bit longer to see if new OS updates help the situation.
    11-27-11 03:02 PM
    I have a new Bold being shipped next week.

Any tips on "how to prepare for the Nuke"? I guess, if it's bricked, it's bricked and there is no resolution, if I"m understanding the distinction between nuked and bricked. So, if it's bricked, just make sure you keep the phone backed up. Maybe run the battery and charging and uploads through the full cycles so that it happens during the warranty period?

What about the nuked BB - anything that should be done, other than keep it backed up, and have an updated DM installed? What else can a person to that would minimize frustrations if it nukes? (If that's at all possible???? )
    11-27-11 06:35 PM
    I have a new Bold being shipped next week.

Any tips on "how to prepare for the Nuke"? I guess, if it's bricked, it's bricked and there is no resolution, if I"m understanding the distinction between nuked and bricked. So, if it's bricked, just make sure you keep the phone backed up. Maybe run the battery and charging and uploads through the full cycles so that it happens during the warranty period?

What about the nuked BB - anything that should be done, other than keep it backed up, and have an updated DM installed? What else can a person to that would minimize frustrations if it nukes? (If that's at all possible???? )
    Each night before charging lighjt a candle to Our Lady of the Phone, Lilly Tomlin.

ubizmo, grover5 and HershL like this.
    11-27-11 06:39 PM
    just had my first nuked, halfway the phone booting up suddenly showing up "error 102" than shut itself down.
    11-27-11 08:10 PM
    Seems the 9930 bricking is being reported more now. Also, the Torch has quote a few threads about it bricking.

Or nuking or whatever you want yo label it.

Hassles.
    12-12-11 09:20 AM
    I haven't seen any AT&T 9900 brick reports yet. I hope they're ok.
    My AT&T Bold 9900 Bricked this morning, left it on the charger all night. So pissedddd!!!!!!!
    12-12-11 01:53 PM
91 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD