tools
    This is a great example from Newegg one of the most trusted sites

Newegg.com - Sandisk 32GB Micro SDHC
    03-10-12 05:40 PM
    got my 32gb class 10 card off of ebay for i think $28
    ria__x likes this.
    03-10-12 06:02 PM
  3. T
    Well, unless something has changed with OS7, it's my understanding that BlackBerries don't support higher than Class 2. Also, I just went from a maxed out 8gb card to a 16gb card with the same amount of data, and everything is loading faster.
    03-10-12 06:07 PM
    thanks for all the advice, i think this 16gb class 4 by kingston doing me for now but when i have extra moneys i know what treat i can get ebay and amazon - where would i be without them?!?!
    03-10-12 07:13 PM
    I've got a class 10 32GB Sandisk in my 9930 and it works great. Used to have a 8GB class 4 and the differences are noticeable only during file transfers. Otherwise, I don't see myself tapping the screen fast enough to know the difference between 4 and 10MB/s!
    03-10-12 07:25 PM
    I'm using a SanDisk 32GB Micro SDHC in my 9900 and I have not had any issues. Picked it up on CB for a great price too when they had a special deal on them a few weeks ago...around $40.00 and no tax or shipping.
    03-10-12 09:21 PM
  7. T
    Just passing on what I think is a pretty good deal. A week and a half ago or so I got my SanDisk 16 gb card at Staples for $20. I'd been keeping my eyes open there, and the lowest it had gone till then was $34, but I was holding out. I went again the other day, and they were still on sale, but I don't know if they are now. I wish I had thought to pass along this info sooner.
    ria__x likes this.
    03-10-12 09:27 PM
    I don't need a memory card for a ton of space (as I don't store tons of stuff on my phone) since I sometimes see that clock animation when doing simple tasks (like deleting a file or opening up even a native app), but I would like to see a speedier performance from my phone. Is that even worth getting a 16 GB for?
    ria__x likes this.
    03-11-12 07:17 AM
  9. T
    Well, even my 9650 is accessing pictures and videos on my 16 gb card quickly. Not that I have that many pics and videos, but I store about 9 gb of encrypted, backed up files from my computer on my BlackBerry's micro sd card. That way I always have offsite backup in a safe place -- right in my pocket.
    03-11-12 07:22 AM
    Just to clarify, the 'class' refers to writing speed measured in megabytes per second, when writing one long file. So as long as the speed is above that of HD video recording, just should be ok. But there are a few Buts...

1. I haven't seen the exact bitrate of the videorecorder anywhere, so class 4 should be absolute minimum.
    2. When transferring a lot of data, like filling up with music, videos and photos, you will kick yourself for being cheap and not going for the fastest card, when filling up those 32 gigs
    3. When accessing a lot of small files, instead of one big, Sandisk tends to be a lot faster than what their class rating shows, compared to other brands.
    4. When buying brand names on eBay, especially Sandisk, most likely you will get a counterfeit! It's just as bad as when buying Sennheiser headsets or phone batteries. Counterfeits are everywhere! So buy from someone you trust, even if it means spending a bit more.
    Last edited by sbcdk; 03-11-12 at 08:10 AM.
    ria__x likes this.
    03-11-12 08:08 AM
    Got a 32GB Sandisk for my 9930 and have not noticed any difference in responsiveness when choosing media files and/or in booting up.
    ria__x likes this.
    03-11-12 10:31 AM
    Got a 32GB Sandisk for my 9930 and have not noticed any difference in responsiveness when choosing media files and/or in booting up.
    Hey jaydee, did you buy a Class 2, 4, 6 or 10 card? I ordered a 32gb Class 10 card for $30 to put in my 9930 and plan to put it to the test, lol.
    03-11-12 11:25 AM
    :O you should buy in pounds its so much cheaper, i seen a class 10 32gb only like 20-30 quid!!
    Remember how much a pound is compared to a Canadian dollar though. While it's a bit cheaper, when you factor in international shipping costs, potential customs duties and the amount of time I would have to wait for the card to arrive, it's worth the extra little bit and realistically, the actual price might not be all that different after all of those are factored in. Retailers here recognize that fact, which is likely why the prices are what they are.

JB
    ria__x likes this.
    03-12-12 07:07 AM
    Amazon.com has really great deals on Micro SD cards. I purchased my Sandisk 32 GB Class 4 Sandisk for $56 back May 2011. They were by far the cheapest I could find for a quality name. I never have any issues with write speed. As far as I know write speed is only what class affects not read speed.

Amazon.com: 32GB micro sd

ps anyone try the 64GB micro SD yet on their OS 7 device?
    ria__x likes this.
    03-12-12 07:35 AM
    thanks for all the advice everyone. the kingston 16gb class 4 i bought on amazon was bloody rubbish!! i was only 8 pound, so yes, deffo kicking myself! i am only getting sandisk now i think. or are there other trustworthy brands?
    03-12-12 11:02 AM
    The card I have is a Lexar and it's worked fine since I bought it in November.

But technology being what it is, I would absolutely recommend backing up your contents every few days or so, no matter how trustworthy the brand. You can never have too many backups.

JB
    03-12-12 11:07 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD