Hello everyone... I'm a brand new, first time Blackberry (and smart phone for that matter) user. I have a Bold 9930 (Verizon) and I have so, so many questions. But I'll keep it to one .

First of all, I have used the search feature extensively, not to mention many, many web searches and cannot seem to find this feature on my Bold:

"From your BlackBerry home screen, Options / Advanced Options / Applications ..."

When I use the Blackberry key (from the home screen), and then select "Options", I don't see an "Advanced Options", option. It takes me to the "Home Screen Preferences" screen and I can't seem to do much from there.

To back up a bit, I'm trying to find the folder which holds my installed applications, and everything I have found tells me to do the above.

What am I missing? Are these instructions for an earlier model? Different operating system? I have gotten my Bold to do so many things so far... it is designed with a very intuitive interface. But this one is giving me fits.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give... JoAnn
    08-29-11 01:24 PM
    yes that is OS 5 instructions. to view installed apps go to options > device > application management
    08-29-11 01:54 PM
    No, he's having trouble finding the real "options"

It's a small wrench icon somewhere where all your other icons are. It's NOT the "Options" listing under the menu when you hit the blackberry key.
    08-29-11 01:56 PM
    Welcome to CB and congrats on your 1st BlackBerry.

I think both kcpaynev1 and mpscan are correct. She isn't using the correct "Options" nor is she using the right path for OS7.
    08-29-11 01:59 PM
    If you are on the homescreen, and you hit the BB button, you will go to Homescreen Options.

If you type Options into the universal search, you will see an icon with a small wrench. Click on that, you will see all the options for your phone.
    08-29-11 02:00 PM
    Well, I'm learning by leaps and bounds... sort of. If I type into the search bar "application management", one of the "hits" I get IS the little wrench icon (with a 1 beside it). If I open that I see the the program I've been looking for... "Application Management".

But, if I look in the wrench icon that's in the "All Programs" folder, that selection is NOT one of them. I would think that the default would be to show everything available. In other words, the ONLY way to get to the "application management" portion is from a search box. This doesn't seem right to me, so I have to think I'm doing it the long way.

However, I have found what I'm looking for... in a round about way, and I thank you all for your answers. Apparently OS7 is just that much different from the earlier versions.

Which brings me to another question (you didn't think I was done, did you?). Does anyone know of a book or online tutorial (yes, I have looked) that would explain the ins and outs of OS7. Something like an "OS7 for dummies"?

Thank you all again for your replies.

JoAnn
    08-29-11 07:38 PM
    Here is what RIM has on their site (not very useful, but will give you a general overview): BlackBerry - BlackBerry 7 OS - BB7 - New BlackBerry 7 for the new Torch, Curve, & Bold - US

Also on RIM's site (OS 7 Guide): BlackBerry 7: Getting Started Guide Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    Duvi likes this.
    08-29-11 07:45 PM
    Here is what RIM has on their site (not very useful, but will give you a general overview): BlackBerry - BlackBerry 7 OS - BB7 - New BlackBerry 7 for the new Torch, Curve, & Bold - US

Also on RIM's site (OS 7 Guide): BlackBerry 7: Getting Started Guide Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    I ran across one of those links in my travels, but not the other. Looks like a lot of useful information. I will go through all of it, little by little. Thank you for the links and for excusing my noob questions.
    08-29-11 08:02 PM
    You can also get to options by tapping the clock on the home screen and scrolling down to options.

OS7 is not that different from OS6 so you could probably get a ebook pretty cheap from blackberry made simple learning by martin trautschold.
    08-29-11 08:07 PM
    I ran across one of those links in my travels, but not the other. Looks like a lot of useful information. I will go through all of it, little by little. Thank you for the links and for excusing my noob questions.
    No problem at all. We are here to help...most of us at least.
    Duvi likes this.
    08-29-11 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD