Hi,

I was just curious if anyone has gotten the BT MAP working with an BMW system? I've been in BMW's in the past where an Torch 9800 worked no problem, would bring up SMS and email without issue.

To be clear, in the car's I've tried recently they all pair without issue, can make and receive calls and bring up the phone book without issue. It's just the Message Access Protocol that doesn't seem to want to work-the phone itself will connect bluetooth and do the standard services then the dialog will go away and a few seconds later will pop back up saying that MAP is now connected and configured, but still no luck.

Just curious if anyone has gotten it to work, I realize I'm probably just chasing a dead end considering all the issues that people have had with BB BT and BMW in the past-just really confused why this would have worked with OS5/OS6 fines but then stopped with OS7 :/

Big fan of the 9900 and know several people using them (which is where this question is coming from)! Only real big problem I've ran into other then having the BlackBerry Task Switch to popup on the default Telus firmware-keep hitting alt..lol!

Anyone able to read SMS/email in their cars? Anyone else having issues? Let me know!
    09-22-11 12:12 PM
    I'm only able to read SMS text on my MINI Connected version of BMW's connectedDrive from my Torch 9850. Perhaps it is an issue with OS7 integration into BMW's software.

The phone salesman's OS6 BlackBerry had no trouble connecting and displaying both SMS and email and I thought that OS7 devices would, as well.

Rich

Hi,

I was just curious if anyone has gotten the BT MAP working with an BMW system? I've been in BMW's in the past where an Torch 9800 worked no problem, would bring up SMS and email without issue.

To be clear, in the car's I've tried recently they all pair without issue, can make and receive calls and bring up the phone book without issue. It's just the Message Access Protocol that doesn't seem to want to work-the phone itself will connect bluetooth and do the standard services then the dialog will go away and a few seconds later will pop back up saying that MAP is now connected and configured, but still no luck.

Just curious if anyone has gotten it to work, I realize I'm probably just chasing a dead end considering all the issues that people have had with BB BT and BMW in the past-just really confused why this would have worked with OS5/OS6 fines but then stopped with OS7 :/

Big fan of the 9900 and know several people using them (which is where this question is coming from)! Only real big problem I've ran into other then having the BlackBerry Task Switch to popup on the default Telus firmware-keep hitting alt..lol!

Anyone able to read SMS/email in their cars? Anyone else having issues? Let me know!
    10-27-11 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD