My Jawbone ERA keeps disconnecting on my BB 9930 while I'm talking on the phone or even if I'm just driving around and talking to no one - I'll just hear the "terminate" sound and lo and behold I'll look at my phone and it will say "Connection to Jawbone ERA terminated." Then, five seconds later, it'll reconnect by itself.

I'm not pressing anything that would make it turn off like that. It's always charged, so it's not a battery issue. Is it the device or the Bluetooth that has the problem? Are there any steps to fix it? It's bothersome now, so please help!

And one more thing, if you can help me fix it, please be clear. And I've searched the forums and gotten some help, but I have no idea what a "cod" is or at least where to find it and change it, so if you can give me directions, I'm all eyes. I'm currently running the newest OS Version 7, so if that helps and anyone out there and if anyone can give me suggestions based on that, please do. Thanks.
    01-25-12 03:24 AM
    I would recommend you to try another bluetooth before touching your phone OS. Just borrow one of your friend's and give it a go, that will give you a clue which one of needs to be sorted out.
    Secondly, please specify OS as there are 7.O and 7.1 OS is market now and maybe it will be helpfull to someone going to troubleshot your problem, which I hope you don't have to as I think bluetooth could be an issue here
    01-25-12 03:55 AM
    7.1.0 bundle 457
    01-25-12 09:39 PM
    I have the Jawbone Era and a Jabra. From my experience, it takes awhile for my 9900 to connect to either one of my BT headsets. At times my Jabra would disconnect and reconnect on it's own while on a call. It's really annoying. My guess is, it's a software issue because I do not have any issues connecting to my HTC Amaze and staying connected.
    01-25-12 10:32 PM
    Yeaaaah you're gonna have to downgrade the os in order for your bluetooth problems to go away. I don't know anything about "cods" either but from what I've seen the bluetooth on 0S 7.1 is horrible. I too experience the same issues with streaming bluetooth and hands free with my bluetooth headset. Never had the problem at all before 7.1
    01-25-12 11:09 PM
    I'm still on OS 7.0 .585 and I have these bluetooth issues. They're not as bad as what you guys are experiencing though.
    01-25-12 11:13 PM
    I have never had any issue using my Bluetooth devices (at least 2-3 or more) on the 9900, aside from certain OS's having unique flaws in the way they handle voice command through BT...but no connectivity issues with BT through any OS.
    01-25-12 11:38 PM
    Oh I should have been more clear. I meant 7.1 on the 9930
    01-26-12 12:45 AM
    Bluetooth dongle on my computer and Bluetooth in my car work fantastic. Personally I think its your BT earbud.
    01-26-12 01:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD