I'm running the most recent build of OS7 that came out a few weeks ago: 7.0.0.374

The phone is the Bold Touch 9930 on Verizon.

Until that came out, my Bluetooth headset worked pretty reliably almost all of the time.

Now, though, often when I connect it, it says it connected and I get the flashing blue light but the audio isn't engaging.

It happens especially if I try to connect while on a call. But sometimes it happens even when I'm not on a call.

It remains "paired" all of the time. I've tried re-pairing, resetting the device, to no avail.

It's getting to be really problematic. More often than not, it won't connect when I'm on a call. I very often have to tell the person on the other end I'm going to call them back after I get the headset connected. This is really not good for conducting my business.

The headset is a Bang & Olufsen EarSet 2, whcih is one of the more advanced Bluetooth headsets on the market. And it has worked fine on this phone for a long time (well, since the model came out0, up until the most recent OS update. At least, I'm assuming the issue started with that update; it may have been a bit afterwards.

I did a forum search and haven't seen anything, yet I'm sure it's got to be in the software since the phone and the headset are surely fine and this isn't the kind of thing that would be hardware related in light of the behaviors: the facts that it only happens or "mainly" only happens if I try to connect with on a call, and that it was always perfect before and then all of a sudden it recently became a very consistent (intermittent but consistently intermittent) issue.

Is anyone else having similar issues? Any chance there are any known work-arounds?

Thanks!
    11-23-11 04:14 AM
    I'm having this on my 9900 also.In fact I think every time i turn on bluetooth,it shows "failed to connect" and then "connected" righ after that.It is super annoying when trying to answer a call the safe way via bluetooth while driving,turns to scrambling to grab the BB.It is disconnecting and not connecting at all when recieving calls randomly as you stated as well.I'm using a jawbone icon aliph rogue.I am on .503 but the shipped OS from ATT was no different for BT connection.
    Last edited by SevendustG; 11-23-11 at 06:35 AM.
    11-23-11 06:31 AM
    I'm having this on my 9900 also.In fact I think every time i turn on bluetooth,it shows "failed to connect" and then "connected" righ after that.It is super annoying when trying to answer a call the safe way via bluetooth while driving,turns to scrambling to grab the BB.It is disconnecting and not connecting at all when recieving calls randomly as you stated as well.I'm using a jawbone icon aliph rogue.I am on .503 but the shipped OS from ATT was no different for BT connection.
    My problem is not the same as what you describe. I think you're having a very different problem than me.

As I said, for me, the problem is that it says the headset has connected via Bluetooth but there is no audio in either direction. It mainly happens if I try to connect while on a call.

When mine is connected and working, it stays connected and working for the rest of the call and for any subsequent calls for as long as leave the headset still connected via Bluetooth.

On the other hand, if on initially connecting it indicates it connected but there is no audio, it's not going to have audio subsequently -- not until I end the call and disconnect the headset and then try to restart the Bluetooth connection (at which time it will "usually" connect and work properly, but not always).
    11-24-11 02:48 AM
    See if it has gone into handset mode next time the headset cuts out. My ATT 9900 does this randomly now.
    11-24-11 04:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD