I have several bluetooth headsets, all paired to my BB9900. Recently, (perhaps after upgrade to 7.1.0.267) the activate buttons on the headsets no longer cause action on the BB. They used to cause the voice prompt to appear...

Do i have to re-enable something on the BB?
    04-02-12 03:22 PM
    Are the headsets actually connecting to the device? Is Bluetooth on? Did you try re-pairing to the device?
    04-02-12 05:06 PM
    Are the headsets actually connecting to the device? Is Bluetooth on? Did you try re-pairing to the device?
    Sorry to jump in here... the OP most likely has a similar issue as more and more people report that in certain cases the pairing no longer works. I have confirmed this with both my beloved 9900 Bold and a 9810 Torch. Reverting back to the 7.0.0.585 OS / Firmware solves the problem. Also the latest 7.1.0.342 has this issue of not being able to pair. Believe me I was just as surprised as anyone and I am very experienced in this matter - yes I removed all pairing and paired using the standard functionality and it simply is hit and miss in anything 7.1 - it almost seems as if there is something wrong with either the encryption or the time-outs. I tried turning encryption off but it did not make a difference. I am now back to 7.0 on both the Bold and the Torch and have no issues - the Bold is my primary and the Torch my secondary in the car and both connect without issues.
    Oh a friend of mine has an Acura that has no problems, found out the unit in his car is running QNX.... pretty slick that this OS is used in those places.
    So after 10 days of fighting, rebooting, trying and mocking around with apploader and bhhtool I have temporarily given up to update to hotspot.
    04-13-12 10:28 PM
    Bluetooth pairing has issues from time to time. Sometimes it can take several tries before the device is found/ paired. Usually a reboot solves the problem. I'm on .342 paired to 3 different devices...and they all paired and continue to connect well.
    04-13-12 10:34 PM
    I've had no problem activating headsets or with pairing on .342. But Remote control functions (pause, forward/back track) don't work from any paired headsets that I have.
    04-14-12 03:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD