Hey guys,

I am considering getting a bold 9900 from Tmobile once it comes out next week and unlock it for ATT.

I know I can get an unlock code and unlock the phone for ATT, but I want to know if there is anything else I have to do? (Other than set up email and bbm).

Also, do you have to set up a new service book or anything like that to get the browser to work? Or will it work once you put in the MEP code and unlock the phone.

Thanks.
    08-26-11 04:59 PM
    Generally everything should be smooth sailing. It registers HRT, gets service books and so on. However I'd be concerned with it being 2G only on AT&T.
    08-26-11 05:05 PM
    Thanks. So it only works on 2G - EDGE huh?

any reason for that?
    08-26-11 05:06 PM
    I would caution against doing that. You will only get EDGE if you use an unlocked T-Mobile branded device on AT&T. They use different 3G frequency bands.

If you cannot wait until AT&T gets the 9900, a Bell, Telus or Rogers branded device will be capable of 3G on AT&T.
    08-26-11 05:07 PM
    laura beat me to it

tmo uses aws bang for it 3g at&t doesnt. you are better of seachin ebay for a roger/bellus 9900 and having it shipped to you that way u get full use of it.
    08-26-11 05:09 PM
    I would caution against doing that. You will only get EDGE if you use an unlocked T-Mobile branded device on AT&T. They use different 3G frequency bands.

If you cannot wait until AT&T gets the 9900, a Bell, Telus or Rogers branded device will be capable of 3G on AT&T.

Thanks a lot. I really can't wait. I had the Bold 9700 and loved it. Switched to Torch and don't like it to much. I like the Bold form factor.

If you ask me, I'd take the original 8900 with the wheel on the side!

and the only reason I want the Tmobile version is because I get a 150 discount when I upgrade my sister's line!
    08-26-11 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD