Hi Crackberry,

I wanted to share an up beat story regarding a Blackberry experience I had this weekend. In short, my Blackberry 9900 saved my from getting hopelessly lost and it also gave me a bit of a surprise, while my iPhone sat their idling hopelessly lost like I was before I turned to my Blackberry.

This is not an Blackberry VS Apple post. I've used almost every smart phone on the current market, and I've settled with my iPhone & Blackberry combo.

Okay, here we go~!

This weekend I headed to Niagara Falls for Canada Day with my girlfriend. Usually for mapping and routing I use my iPhone, because I like to see a visual of the route I need to take and navigating the maps app, is much easier on the iPhone I find. I turn on my bb traffic for voice navigation.

Getting to Niagara everything was peachy, iPhone got my location when I needed it, and BB traffic never missed a beat like usual.

When I got to Niagara, my iPhone became an iBrick. I couldn't get my location within a 10km radius, and apparently I was living right in the middle of the falls for my vacation. It was maddeningly frustrating. But that's not all. 3G connectivity became completely unusable on my iPhone. Yelp / Foursquare couldn't get any information and so those Apps became useless, and I became a little more lost.

Usually I don't use my BB for anything other than Email, messaging, and bbm. When my iPhone completely failed on everything I needed it to do(search up local restaurants and activities, tether to my laptop, find my location for mapping & routing), I decided to turn to my 9900 and download some apps.

I downloaded Yelp, Poynt, Foursquare. I fired up the apps, logged in, and made a huge sigh of relief. Everything worked. Maps, Yelp, Poynt, Foursquare, BB traffic, you name it. And to my surprise, the 3G is MUCH faster than my iPhone especially when I tethered it to my laptop. I'm using Rogers for both my phones.

The 9900 saved my this weekend, and I'll never forget it.
    07-03-12 12:04 PM
    Cool story OP, glad it worked out.

Canada has favouritism for bb tho hehe.
    GlowingBlue likes this.
    07-03-12 12:13 PM
    Hi Crackberry,

I wanted to share an up beat story regarding a Blackberry experience I had this weekend. In short, my Blackberry 9900 saved my from getting hopelessly lost and it also gave me a bit of a surprise, while my iPhone sat their idling hopelessly lost like I was before I turned to my Blackberry.

This is not an Blackberry VS Apple post. I've used almost every smart phone on the current market, and I've settled with my iPhone & Blackberry combo.

Okay, here we go~!

This weekend I headed to Niagara Falls for Canada Day with my girlfriend. Usually for mapping and routing I use my iPhone, because I like to see a visual of the route I need to take and navigating the maps app, is much easier on the iPhone I find. I turn on my bb traffic for voice navigation.

Getting to Niagara everything was peachy, iPhone got my location when I needed it, and BB traffic never missed a beat like usual.

When I got to Niagara, my iPhone became an iBrick. I couldn't get my location within a 10km radius, and apparently I was living right in the middle of the falls for my vacation. It was maddeningly frustrating. But that's not all. 3G connectivity became completely unusable on my iPhone. Yelp / Foursquare couldn't get any information and so those Apps became useless, and I became a little more lost.

Usually I don't use my BB for anything other than Email, messaging, and bbm. When my iPhone completely failed on everything I needed it to do(search up local restaurants and activities, tether to my laptop, find my location for mapping & routing), I decided to turn to my 9900 and download some apps.

I downloaded Yelp, Poynt, Foursquare. I fired up the apps, logged in, and made a huge sigh of relief. Everything worked. Maps, Yelp, Poynt, Foursquare, BB traffic, you name it. And to my surprise, the 3G is MUCH faster than my iPhone especially when I tethered it to my laptop. I'm using Rogers for both my phones.

The 9900 saved my this weekend, and I'll never forget it.
    I use BB Traffic for navigation. Exclusively.
    I use Poynt to find restaurants, etc.

Glad you found a solution that worked for you!
    07-03-12 02:44 PM
    My 9900 did a little saving (literally & figuratively) on Canada Day for me too.

My 5-year-old was going on a ride and my wife with our camera was nowhere to be seen.
    As much as I've hated the 9900's camera, in full daylight it did an outstanding job of taking very sharp action shots, much to my surprise. First ride I used Auto mode, then remembered to switch to Sports mode for 2nd time; however, both seemed equally crisp & clear.
    07-04-12 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD