Hi

I Have 9900 And I Am On .585 os

Yesterday i was at .540

and i wonted to update i used BB Desktop Manger And Done A Buckup

Then I Used BBsak To Delet OS And then Apploeader To Update

Now when i restord my buckup staff

My hole collection of words went

and when i went to restor in bb D manger Then Custom the number of word subsitioution is only 5 in the buckup i had 200+ ?!!!

now i rebuilt my words agin but whn i did custom buckup in desktop manager
    the word subsition in still on 5 ?!!

how can i buckup my words is os 7 ??
    12-18-11 05:07 PM
    Hi

I Have 9900 And I Am On .585 os

Yesterday i was at .540

and i wonted to update i used BB Desktop Manger And Done A Buckup

Then I Used BBsak To Delet OS And then Apploeader To Update

Now when i restord my buckup staff

My hole collection of words went

and when i went to restor in bb D manger Then Custom the number of word subsitioution is only 5 in the buckup i had 200+ ?!!!

now i rebuilt my words agin but whn i did custom buckup in desktop manager
    the word subsition in still on 5 ?!!

how can i buckup my words is os 7 ??

You are not the only one having this problem. None of my word subs go through my update.

Anyone have any ideas for a work around?
    12-18-11 05:13 PM
    I've never had this problem. I almost never wipe before installing the OS, however. I don't know if that makes a difference. All of my word subs are intact from OS 4, OS 5, OS 6, and now OS 7.

Do you uninstall the previous OS from your computer before installing the new one? I don't know if this would cause the word sub problem, but I suppose it's possible, and it's sometimes overlooked.
    12-18-11 05:18 PM
    i dont think wiping os make's a difference

i think its the buckup problem since i did te buckup in BB Desktop maneger

when restoring nothing comes back
    12-19-11 07:54 AM
    I've never had this problem. I almost never wipe before installing the OS, however. I don't know if that makes a difference. All of my word subs are intact from OS 4, OS 5, OS 6, and now OS 7.

Do you uninstall the previous OS from your computer before installing the new one? I don't know if this would cause the word sub problem, but I suppose it's possible, and it's sometimes overlooked.
    I rarely first wipe anymore either. something has to be complete screwed up for me to waste time with BBSAK.

My word subs all made it across the 7.0.0.374 > 7.1 update
    12-19-11 08:13 AM
    So u think its from wiping ?
    12-20-11 12:20 AM
    Me too I did a backup yestreday I have over 10 word substitutions and DM showed 5 only, so I would create a note in memopad, write all the word substitutions down and then email it so after changing OS I would have to do it manually
    12-20-11 06:45 AM
    Me too I did a backup yestreday I have over 10 word substitutions and DM showed 5 only, so I would create a note in memopad, write all the word substitutions down and then email it so after changing OS I would have to do it manually
    I have about 475 word substitutions, so this is something that is pretty important to me. I almost never wipe when doing an OS upgrade. Certain versions of OS 6 would cause certain subs, which I had redefined, to revert to BB defaults. In later versions, this stopped happening. In OS 7 I've had no problem at all.

I always use loader.exe instead of going through DM to do OS changes. I don't know if that's relevant, but it's what I do.
    12-20-11 06:53 AM
    Stop wiping your phone before upgrading. Unless your phone is borked, just upgrade like you normally would via the DM.

LoL Most people have a lot more than 5 - 10 word subs. It would take some forever to enter them all again. I am on 7.1 beta and my word subs have been following me since OS 4.
    12-20-11 06:57 AM
    Stop wiping your phone before upgrading. Unless your phone is borked, just upgrade like you normally would via the DM.
    Why waste time with DM? Apploader is the way to go.
    12-20-11 07:12 AM
    Mayby Becouse my sub's are in arabic ??

any one use sub's in any language than english ?
    12-20-11 11:18 AM
    Mayby Becouse my sub's are in arabic ??

any one use sub's in any language than english ?

I use subs for French and Japanese. So probably not. I have lost some formatting on some weird language fonts I use, but they usually change back once I restore.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-20-11 11:31 AM
    I am afried to try agin without wiping os
    afried to lose them agin

isnt there any program to buckup my words?
    12-21-11 04:47 AM
    i have just installed .590 without wiping
    didnt get my word's back again ?!!

c'mon guy's what to do ?
    12-21-11 02:53 PM

isnt there any program to buckup my words?
    12-22-11 12:26 AM
    I can only restore them using my BES...backup will not restore my Word Sub file correctly. Stupid crap RIM has been dealing with since OS6...they can't get it right. Poor software engineering...
    12-22-11 12:37 AM
    I can only restore them using my BES...backup will not restore my Word Sub file correctly. Stupid crap RIM has been dealing with since OS6...they can't get it right. Poor software engineering...
    I Agree +1

They are stupid

btw i wasnt dealing with this problem on my 9700

C'mon RIM find us a soulution !!!
    12-22-11 01:30 AM
    12-22-11 12:24 PM
    upupupupup
    12-23-11 07:02 AM
    Why waste time with DM? Apploader is the way to go.
    I don't consider it a waste of time. I install the device software (Have about 6 versions installed on my laptop). Connect my 9900/9780/8520 and upgrade the software. Usually takes about 35-40 minutes until I can use my device again. Done. I don't use BBSAK, Apploader. Don`t use hybrids. Not really interested in another 10-40MB of free space. I am not using an 8330 anymore.
    12-23-11 07:46 AM
    Any thought's of solving Word Subsitiution ??
    12-23-11 07:58 AM
    ??????????????????????????????
    12-24-11 05:43 AM
    What a shame that RIM has yet to solve this issue. They just don't care, and i consider myself a very loyal Blackberry user.

I encountered the first issue when upgrading my 9900 from OS7 to OS7.1,over the air (OTA). The update, which took more than 7 hrs, claimed to have done a full backup only to discover that Word Sub was not backed up. I sent RIM an old backup file I had from an old phone and they created a file that i could use to restore Word Sub. My phone began to hang and RIM recommended a full rebuild, so we did a full backup and then a backup of just the word sub because I know how critical it is. backup both completed successfully. The phone was rebuilt, I believe using the App Loader, then I used Desktop Manager to restore. the restore took more than an hr, and the restore of the Word Sub failed. it failed from every backup i had. clearly this is an issue RIM needs to address.

I have hundreds of word subs, including many that replace strings with entire emails. I don't know how much longer I will put up with the total disregard for us, the users.
    04-04-12 08:49 PM
    No, but BES doesn't have this issue. Maybe try Blackberry protect? i have seen this issue with BES and with the DM backup/restore for years already. It started in OS6. engineers at RIM have never fully resolved the issue.
    04-04-12 09:21 PM
    BTW, I am on BES and RIM still cannot restore my Word Sub. Now they are recommending a third party app. Forget that. Call / email them and tell them to fix the software.
    04-14-12 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD