I've tried numerous times to use the "BlackBerry News" App on my new BlackBerry Bold 9930 only to receive the same outcome at the onset of opening the App:

"An Unkown Error has occurred. Please try again later."

The news app works great on my 2.0 Playbook, but have always had a problem on my Bold 9930. Has anyone had this experience?

The unique feature of the news app is the latest BlackBerry news blogs and other BlackBerry related content that is important to me as I am pursuing my BlackBerry Certification, but this one has me stumped.

Thank you ahead of time for any feedback or thoughts...

I've downloaded and uninstalled this News App at least 10 times trying to tweak it on my Bold always with the same result in the aforementioned above...
    06-10-12 03:44 AM
    i may have tried it a long time ago but didn't like the interface.

I am now using BeReader. Much much better!
    06-10-12 08:05 AM
    I just installed and after a phone restart it seems to work. Downloaded a few feeds and am reading. What country are you in? Could be a copyright issues or the fact that it might use Canada coming thru bb phone.
    06-10-12 10:57 AM
    I am located in the USA, and I did reboot and it "helped", however the same error exists. I am surprised at how big this News App can get, it's amazing. I would just like to eliminate the app error overall and wish their was a fix for the "uknown error"...

thank you...
    06-10-12 02:41 PM
    I am located in the USA, and I did reboot... however the same error exists. ... I would just like to eliminate the app error overall and wish their was a fix for the "uknown error"
    I tried (first time user of this app) downloading the updated BlackBerry News on my 9930 today, several times with reboot in between, and kept getting the "unknown error" at the point where I was accepting the EULA. The app would open but there would be no articles in any of the topics. I like it on my PlayBook and would like to have it on my Bold. It doesn't look promising based on the OP on a 9930 getting the same error. I'm also in the US but hadn't thought that might be a factor. I'll take a look at BeReader.
    Last edited by padamssm; 07-25-12 at 10:01 PM.
    07-25-12 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD