Hey guys (and gals),

I am new to the Blackberry world (well, I've had a Playbook for a few months, but that doesn't really count) and I have a few questions (yes, I have searched the forums but found no satisfactory answer).

- My contacts' birthdays were showing up beautifully in my calendar; however, after I installed the latest update to Blackberry OS 7.0, the birthdays stopped appearing in my calendar. This occurs even when I add a new birthday to a new contact. Any ideas?

- Loads of issues with Facebook. It will not sync with my calendar or my contacts. I can sync each contact one by one by pressing the blackberry contact while in the Facebook app and highlighting the desired friend; however, that process is a bit tedious. Anyway to do a bulk upload? Will Facebook be updated soon for BB?

- Anyway to sync the texts from my Android (HTC Evo) with my BB9930? Found solutiosn for the other way around....

Any help would be MUCH appreciated. I am quite enjoying the 9930, just wanting to clear up these minor issues.
    02-03-12 10:39 AM
    1. I'm not sure why the birthdays that you enter in your address book aren't showing up in the calendar. I've never actually messed with that before... Could be a bug in the OS?

2. Unfortunately no, there is no nice way to connect all of your existing contacts with their Facebook counterparts. When I did my last OS upgrade I had to wipe and reload my OS, which also meant I had to reconnect all my BB contacts with their FB entries. It's a pain, but there's no nice and easy way around it. With regard to the calendar, I've never really had it sync very nicely. There have always been entries here and there that didn't show. Unfortunately I don't think there's a quick fix for this either.

3. I don't know of any way to get the texts from the Evo onto the 9930.
    02-03-12 02:25 PM
    Thanks Elvin!

Once I figure out this Birthdays issue and then the Facebook calendar thing, I will be good to go.
    02-03-12 02:35 PM
    My pleasure...

Yeah, the FB calendar thing is kind of frustrating, but I don't use it all that often...

The birthdays thing is kind of odd, you would think that it would work just fine. Maybe check the options in the calendar app? Maybe some setting got changed?
    02-03-12 02:51 PM
    The issue I've found with my contact birthdays and calendar is that if I've synced a fb friend to a bb contact, it seems that only the info from their fb profile shows up in my calendar. I.e. I put my son's birthday in my address book but it doesn't show up on my calendar because he didn't put it in his fb profile. It seems to only take info from one source. Don't know if this applies here or not, but it drove me absolutely mad for a couple of hours last week trying to figure out what the problem was.
    02-03-12 03:01 PM
    I have a Bold 9000 that is dying. What are the pros and cons of the 9900 vs 9790? Thanks in advance.
    02-03-12 03:10 PM
    I have a Bold 9000 that is dying. What are the pros and cons of the 9900 vs 9790? Thanks in advance.
    In the future, please don't hijack a thread to ask a question that is completely unrelated to the original question. Please do a forum search, or start a new thread if you cannot find an answer to your question.

That being said, The main differences between the 9900 and the 9790 is size, screen resolution, keyboard size, and thickness of the device. The 9900 also runs a 1.2 ghz processor, where the 9790 runs a 1 ghz processor. The 9790 has a 480x360 screen while the 9900 has a 640x480 screen. The 9900 is also considerably wider, however it is thinner. The main weakness of the 9900 series is the lack of an autofocus camera. It has a 5mp EDF (Extended Depth of Field) while the 9790 has an actual 5 mp autofocus camera.

The best thing for you to do would be to go somewhere and actually put your hands on each device. If you're switching from a 9000, and you like the large size of the keyboard, and the general layout of that device, then the 9900 would probably be the best option for you.
    02-03-12 06:06 PM
    Nice job elvin. Always good to see educated helpful posts. Keep it up dude!
    02-03-12 08:06 PM
    Thank you. I will try to avoid being a hijacker in the future.http://images.crackberry.com/forum_i...lies/smile.gif
    02-03-12 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD