I have seen this problem pop up on some older devices, but Blackberry Maps on my 9930 does not show any streets. I have uninstalled/reinstalled Blackberry Maps via desktop manager (Mac) and still can't figure out what's wrong. Directions work fine, I can see the shape of the state I'm in if I zoom out far enough, but no streets at all.

I use bing maps pretty frequently, but now that I have Wikitude, I'd like to have my Blackberry Maps show streets as Blackberry Maps is fully integrated with Wikitude. No streets on Blackberry Maps = No streets on Wikitude Maps.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
    08-20-11 10:09 PM
    I have seen this problem pop up on some older devices, but Blackberry Maps on my 9930 does not show any streets. I have uninstalled/reinstalled Blackberry Maps via desktop manager (Mac) and still can't figure out what's wrong. Directions work fine, I can see the shape of the state I'm in if I zoom out far enough, but no streets at all.

I use bing maps pretty frequently, but now that I have Wikitude, I'd like to have my Blackberry Maps show streets as Blackberry Maps is fully integrated with Wikitude. No streets on Blackberry Maps = No streets on Wikitude Maps.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Yep, I'm having exactly the same issue. Stock Verizon 9930 install, I haven't tried the leaked os yet.

Anyone have any solution?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 12:37 AM
    same for me too. i hope OS updates with solve this issue
    08-22-11 12:48 AM
    No problems on .340
    08-22-11 12:50 AM
    Sigh, I thought this would be the first blackberry where I wasn't going to be addicted to installing the latest OS leaks.
    08-22-11 12:57 AM
    I have updated 3 times already since purchase and the map seems to be the same. I'm so pissed. My torch 1 map and bold 2 map is better than this. Why did RIM do this kind of thing? Can it be that difficult to replicate an app from an old version to a new one?

08-25-11 01:22 PM
    I see streets on mine.
    08-25-11 01:54 PM
    I've always found BB Maps buggy. I opted for Google Maps instead.
    lewisc1979 likes this.
    08-25-11 02:51 PM
    i think i will install google map. i hope it has been upgraded for os7.
    08-25-11 10:39 PM
    Google Maps is working well for me on my 9930. It even has icons for zooming in and out and finding your location on the touchscreen.
    08-25-11 10:53 PM
    same problem here. Even when google maps works fine it does not take advantage of the compass.
    08-27-11 05:28 PM
    Does anyone have issue with no map links from "Google Local Search"?.

For me when I search for something like "Taco" and choose Google Local Search, I see a way to call their number from the pop-up, but the link to pull up map from right there is missing. This was a valuable thing for me!
    09-18-11 04:35 PM
    No disrespect but bb maps sucks a** big time!!! Same thing for bing on the playbook!!
    USELESS!!!!
    09-18-11 05:12 PM
    Just went past 2 years with Verizon and upgraded from a 9630 to the 9930. Great phone from the start! But, the BBMaps app stopped displaying streets a few days ago. Around the time this planet was hit by Solar Mass Ejections aka Solar Flares. I noticed that wireless communications also were sporadic, dropped calls, phone calls dropping packets and breaking up.

I also tried deleting and re-installing BBMaps as mentioned previously in this thread. I started using Google Maps but wanted BBmaps working. Discovered that clearing the Map cache fixed the problem. I don't know the code but assume that something in cache got corrupted during the solar storm and couldn't load it's stored data . . . streets?

Try these steps:

go to Options, Device, BBMaps, turn Off Address Recognition, Clear Cache, Reset Download Counter, Close, Return, Return, and select the BBMap icon. Try finding an address and it should work . . .?

Go back and turn On Address Recognition if that is you normal selection.
    chaoticblissx, chautime and gkl like this.
    10-08-11 03:12 PM
    same for me too on my BOLD 9900

( OS 7.0.0.353 from SK Telekom )
    10-08-11 03:34 PM
    These steps work - had the same problem, no streets showing on .374 and the other official version.

Thanks!

11-18-11 04:11 PM
    I'm on Vz .374 too. Have you guys adjusted your map options? Options/Device/Maps. Mine did the same thing until I changed the font size to 9 and turned the KML cache size to unlimited for whatever reason. Works great now. Hope this helps someone.

11-18-11 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD