I dont think I've ever launched Blackberry Maps more than once, because it really sucks.

Just get Telenav. Its a million times better and only $10/year for voice turn by turn directions.
    Only for VZ through that promo (even then, only on certain devices) or free if you have certain sprint plans. Otherwise it's $10 a month which is absurd...

You're far better off with BB Traffic or Telmap beta for free.
    04-02-12 02:05 PM
    Screw Telenev. It gets $0/month from me.
    04-02-12 02:11 PM
    Only for VZ through that promo (even then, only on certain devices) or free if you have certain sprint plans. Otherwise it's $10 a month which is absurd...

You're far better off with BB Traffic or Telmap beta for free.
    Oh wow! $10/month is ridiculous. Better off buying a GPS device.

I've tried BB Traffic and it looked so old and archaic.

I guess I'm just used to Telenav.

I will only stick with Telenav if they keep the price at $10/year.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-02-12 02:24 PM
    I started using BBmaps cause I didnt want to install too many things into the phone. In google maps, there is this thing where it would display the blue arrow and to get to your destination, it would point to the direction you need to go. Haven't found that option for BBmaps, does it even have that?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-02-12 02:24 PM
    Oh wow! $10/month is ridiculous. Better off buying a GPS device.

I've tried BB Traffic and it looked so old and archaic.

I guess I'm just used to Telenav.

I will only stick with Telenav if they keep the price at $10/year.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Traffic does not have maps integration currently. However the turn by turn nav works very well. Also it has other features like auto arrival time messaging, etc.

Telmap5 beta has maps and looks fairly similar to telenav
    Last edited by papped; 04-02-12 at 02:29 PM.
    04-02-12 02:25 PM
    Yeah, telenav is 10 bucks a month but its the sweetest gps ive seen yet for blackberry. Got to stick with it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-02-12 02:48 PM
    I found that it was wonky until you set the KML cache size to unlimited. Even though I don't have any KML links loaded it doesn't get stuck anymore and refreshes real fast. I also enabled KML manager. Set font size to 9 BB Alpha Sans Condensed Orientation set to Track Up. Show Location on Startup. Just enabled my GPS and hit menu/find location and it found me in 1 second within 26 feet! And I am not at a "Favorites" location. I am not an expert in BB maps but the above settings have always wotked for me. It will track your mph more accurately than your own speedometer. And best of all you can read all the street names finally! Hope this helps some of you. Anyone more experienced is more than welcome to chime in!
    This was helpful. Thanks. Do you leave address recognition set to on?
    05-21-12 10:42 AM
    or maybe it's hidden. same for me here though, I like google maps a lot better than bb maps. I actually have bb maps hidden.
    Can you star locations (which are not google advertised ones) on your version of Gmaps?

I run 4.5.3 and it's usless as I can't put stars anywhere like I used to be able to on my trusty N95 (and older versions of GMaps)
    05-21-12 12:07 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD