Anyone noticed BlackBerry Maps not showing on your phone? I updated my OS to 7.1 last night and I can't find the BB Maps icon. It's not even hidden. I can only access it if I type on Universal Search under Extend Search.

Thanks in advance.
    03-15-12 01:04 PM
    Anyone noticed BlackBerry Maps not showing on your phone? I updated my OS to 7.1 last night and I can't find the BB Maps icon. It's not even hidden. I can only access it if I type on Universal Search under Extend Search.

Thanks in advance.
    Who cares? Google maps is the way to go !
    03-15-12 01:58 PM
    Mine is still there, but I use Google Maps primarily. Did you check all your folders in case the icon just moved?
    03-15-12 02:04 PM
    or maybe it's hidden. same for me here though, I like google maps a lot better than bb maps. I actually have bb maps hidden.
    03-15-12 02:09 PM
    BB Maps??!!??...HA!!...where ya missing it? You should look into getting an ACTUAL map...they USUALLY are free...fold up pretty small and convenient...or spin around REAL fast and start walking...BOTH METHODS ARE BETTER THE BBMaps...HAHA
    03-15-12 02:41 PM
    Actually call me crazy but recently I've been liking Blackberry Maps more and more lately, especially since getting my 9900. Little things like being able to pinch to zoom in it, and in Gas Buddy when you use it to map a station you get to see several other station prices in close proximity. In GOogle Maps you only get the one station you selected.

I still love Google Maps on the phone but since their updates are so few and far between on Blackberries, I'm liking what I see in the "native" app.
    03-15-12 03:14 PM
    I've noticed after getting a 9900 google maps is just slow compared to bb maps. Wish there were more updates but scrolling on the map is just painfully slow and you I have full bars and "4G". I think my old 9700 rendered maps faster.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-15-12 07:58 PM
    I'm on BlackBerry 6, and I love BlackBerry Maps. Google? No, thanks.
    03-15-12 08:03 PM
    BB maps is a lot better than before I'm still trying to find a address it can't find that google maps can
    03-15-12 08:21 PM
    BB maps works great for me. If you set it up properly the only thing better would be Telenav's audio turn by turn! Like most things Blackberry you only benefit if you do your homework.
    03-15-12 09:27 PM
    Actually, I should give bb maps a try, I used to get so fed up with it when I had my tour that I gave up on it.
    03-15-12 09:27 PM
    BB maps works great for me. If you set it up properly the only thing better would be Telenav's audio turn by turn! Like most things Blackberry you only benefit if you do your homework.
    Blackberry traffic for turn to turn
    03-15-12 09:28 PM
    what do you mean set it up properly? Can you share?
    03-15-12 09:28 PM
    I found that it was wonky until you set the KML cache size to unlimited. Even though I don't have any KML links loaded it doesn't get stuck anymore and refreshes real fast. I also enabled KML manager. Set font size to 9 BB Alpha Sans Condensed Orientation set to Track Up. Show Location on Startup. Just enabled my GPS and hit menu/find location and it found me in 1 second within 26 feet! And I am not at a "Favorites" location. I am not an expert in BB maps but the above settings have always wotked for me. It will track your mph more accurately than your own speedometer. And best of all you can read all the street names finally! Hope this helps some of you. Anyone more experienced is more than welcome to chime in!
    cw0974 and Matic386 like this.
    03-15-12 09:47 PM
    I found that it was wonky until you set the KML cache size to unlimited. Even though I don't have any KML links loaded it doesn't get stuck anymore and refreshes real fast. I also enabled KML manager. Set font size to 9 BB Alpha Sans Condensed Orientation set to Track Up. Show Location on Startup. Just enabled my GPS and hit menu/find location and it found me in 1 second within 26 feet! And I am not at a "Favorites" location. I am not an expert in BB maps but the above settings have always wotked for me. It will track your mph more accurately than your own speedometer. And best of all you can read all the street names finally! Hope this helps some of you. Anyone more experienced is more than welcome to chime in!
    definitely going to try this out and give bb maps a chance. Thanks.
    tdleon likes this.
    03-15-12 10:11 PM
    Actually call me crazy but recently I've been liking Blackberry Maps more and more lately, especially since getting my 9900. Little things like being able to pinch to zoom in it, and in Gas Buddy when you use it to map a station you get to see several other station prices in close proximity. In GOogle Maps you only get the one station you selected.

I still love Google Maps on the phone but since their updates are so few and far between on Blackberries, I'm liking what I see in the "native" app.
    Oh man... At first I was agreeing with everyone else in that I hid my bb maps and only used Google maps. I hated bbmaps back when I had a tour.. It was sluggish, used a lot or resources, and was just overall horrible. But after reading this post I unhid bbmaps and used it for a bit, and I gotta say I agree with you! Bbmaps works great with my 9930! BlackBerry stepped up their maps app. Loads very fast, it's very fluid and has a more friendly gui vs. Google maps.

I'm sold, I'm using bb maps from now on!
    03-15-12 11:13 PM
    I've used BB Maps ever since I got into BlackBerry and it's got better now.

Somehow, the icon is not hidden, it's not inside any folder. I've reset all the icons hoping it would show up but to no avail. I've deleted and reinstalled it but still it doesn't show up. Even show all hidden icons won't make the BB Maps icon show up. It's only shown if I use Universal Search.
    03-16-12 03:45 AM
    Who cares? Google maps is the way to go !
    I do. Thanks for the help.
    03-16-12 03:46 AM
    I've used BB Maps ever since I got into BlackBerry and it's got better now.

Somehow, the icon is not hidden, it's not inside any folder. I've reset all the icons hoping it would show up but to no avail. I've deleted and reinstalled it but still it doesn't show up. Even show all hidden icons won't make the BB Maps icon show up. It's only shown if I use Universal Search.
    I had the same issue with my Compass on previous Os. Never corrected it until an Os upgrade. Sorry I can't help more!
    03-16-12 07:29 AM
    I'm experiencing the same problem with BB maps. The icon only shows up with the extended search. When I try it, it gives me "Unknown Error". I used desktop manager to uninstall/reinstall, but it didn't work. I read in another post that you need a data plan with the carrier for BB maps to work. I don't have one myself.
    03-17-12 05:54 AM
    The problem I've had was that the maps do not load after I updated the OS
    04-01-12 05:39 PM
    http://www.gln.bz/ads.nsf/bbmapslaunch.jad

installs a launcher directly to bbmaps
    04-01-12 05:50 PM
    I love BlackBerry maps & BlackBerry Traffic for GPS stuff. The problem I have with BlackBerry map is that it does not recognize any address I enter like Google maps does. Am I doing somthing wrong?
    04-02-12 07:30 AM
    I dont think I've ever launched Blackberry Maps more than once, because it really sucks.

Just get Telenav. Its a million times better and only $10/year for voice turn by turn directions.
    04-02-12 01:04 PM
    I love BlackBerry maps & BlackBerry Traffic for GPS stuff. The problem I have with BlackBerry map is that it does not recognize any address I enter like Google maps does. Am I doing somthing wrong?
    I've found that BlackBerry Maps works best when you enter the entire address, including the country, for example:

123 Main Street, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.

Then the address comes up. Not sure about spelling out the state, but the country helps.
    04-02-12 01:29 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD